What's new

Camping with crop?

thinking about camping with the girls 100% of the time this year once flower starts till harvest an was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips..is it too risky?

Yes it's to risky, unless you set up machine gun nests!

Camp near by in a HIDDEN Location and it must be a plausibly deniable distance. Obviously if there is a hill top, your probably growing on that. It's a good idea to have a nice hidden camp spot, where you can monitor one direction. Pick the most hidden, but if that isn't as a big of a deal pick an area where your the most likely to pick up on traffic heading into that area.

I'm not saying to camp on a trail, but on a hill that is hidden it's amazing what you can hear. Make sure to use cammo, watch out for camp fires this will give you away. Know when to have a fire, know how small to keep it and don't make plumbs of smoke. Also this is a good test to see how hidden your spot is, start a fire and see what it looks like outside of the camp.

A small fire isn't going to smoke signal through darn near 100 foot trees, pine is a great location to hide. Getting myself a nice camouflage hammock this year, if I decide to camp past harvest then one of those nice pack stoves. These are usually meant for wall tents, the kind that they US Army used during the Civil war. They work great with an expensive canvas tarp, at least a hundred bucks for a nice size.

There are also sleeping bags that have tents over your face, they have a special name. Don't get yourself a nice bright blue or yellow tent, orange or yellow, there aren't really any good green tents.

I am also going to clone pine trees this year, to build up a natural hide. You don't want any part of your camp to be visible from the ground and you want to be greatly reduced from aerial views.

Also thinking about making some MRE's, might not be able to buy a pressure cooker this summer. Coming up with ideas to cook in jars or at least finish cooking in some jars for their sterlization. Potatoes with meat and veggies, the usual slop that mixes up great. Buying cans of soup means buying to much water and that is heavy plus a lot of that substance evaporates.

Be very careful about a trail to your camp and don't make it a hang out spot!

hamstring

Veteran
Why? I don’t understand why you need to camp through the whole flowering season. Maybe during the last 2 weeks until harvest to be able to cut and trim outdoors but the whole season why?

If rippers are that bad its going to be hard because as Organic Monkey states you need to far enough away to have plausible deniability. Taking that into account are you really going to be watching over them 24/7. Who knows maybe it will work just seams tough and I have to say must be nice not to have to work through the whole fall season I wish I had that luxury.
PEACE

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Camping by your plants the entire season will prove its self to be difficult and could be a bigger security risk than just leaving your plants.

T

theJointedOne

if your not medical dont do it

if you are medical and on private property it is doable but not easy. Food and drinking water are one thing to consider. Also is where you are going to do your buisness each day, you start to run out of spots if you dont make a hole in the ground and use various techniques for that. Food and water is the main concern.

fires are fine if your on private property, but make sure you are far from th eplants b/c a bright fire each night during flowering will most likely mess with the plants light cycle response. so keep it dark at night if your camping near your plants.

when i was camping i liked to get up with the sun and go to bed whenit got dark. i didn tlook at the clock it was more of a timeing thing so i ddit have a fire going and dint have to walk around with a head lamp around the plants.

if you need to cook food use a backpacking stove. jetboil makes a great one, you dont have to use there pots but the gas canisters and the heating tehnique work great, but think about bulk nuts, jerky, dried fruits, berries, granolas. Go to a natural food store and look in the bulk food section. most have all that stuff plus bulk dried soups of all flavors, rice, grains and pastas. Miso soup dried is awesome if you can find bulk but its hard. Eat dried seaweed. a peice of dried kelp, which is nori the kind of stuff used for nigiri ect., One piece of that stuff has as much vitamin c as an orange. And think about how many sheets of those you can store and they stay frech forever if sealed.

ok just my 2 cents. i like this thread

You can set up camp away from the plants, but still go up to them at night and even just lay out there or sit around in the dark. Highly more likely to be cops, than rippers, but if rippers happen to rip at night which I doubt in my vague area.....I dunno how I would deal with that.

I'd probably conceal my face and scare them so badly, they would apologize and hand it over. That is only if they are younger than me, I'd have to take a leg out if they were older and threatening.

Best to avoid people like that, they will try to rob you then call the cops if they fail miserably. It's good to know if it's rippers and not cops, at least for the paranoia of having crop left. They could find five, they could find four, they could find two but I highly doubt this one spot that grows a single.

A camp is a great way to spend the summer, you can have easy access to water and tend your plants. Plus come harvest time the camp is set, you are used to the area and feel comfortable sneaking around.

It takes some time to get the creep back in your step!

hawgleg

NEVER pull a gun on someone you aren't ready to kill. It isn't about who has the bigger gun, it is about who gets the jump. If someone pulls a gun out, while you had a gun drawn on them, you need to reevaluate your decision making. At the same time, don't expect to jump out with a mask and say oogly boogly drop my several thousand dollars worth of weed, and have it go smoothly.

Yes, best to avoid this situation. However, everyone has a limit at which they snap. Tip 2, don't steal from people.

Taking a drivers license is a helpful for keeping lips closed.

I like to think about the Chappelle show skits. When keeping it real goes bad.

minime

if your not to worryed about leo and just the rippers u could pretend to be leo--u see rippers cumming use a radio stop leo wear there kind of clothing--- thiewes crooks and people up to no good genraly stay away from leo ---just a thought---personaly id shoot the rippers armed or not--

Mr.Pyrex

Unless you have 1000+ plants to take care of the idea is too risky i dont know where you live but out here in the remote land we got bears, rippers and sasquatches