What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are 1:1 CBD:THC strains like and could they become the new recreational norm?

bluntmassa

LOL, no it's not.
Everybody who has ever smoked the very best Moroccan hash will agree they loved it.
That's got some 9% CBD in it.
And about 35% THC.

The CBD allows you to get higher and/or get more medicinal benefits as you could without it.
But you do need a few times more THC with it.
That is sort of true though I have heard plenty people say they liked Afghan or Indian Charas better. Unfortunately the only import hash I've tried was Indian Charas and I loved it.

I did grow out CBD Crew Yummy and many others tried it I mostly tried it for my mother because she has MS. But that was some amazing weed it smelled a bit like Juicy Fruit gum and tasted great covered in trichomes tasted amazing a bit like it smelled the only downside was the high but it was about a 1:1 not that 35 THC 9 CBD.

It was a bit different I even smoked some dank buds and then smoked the CBD Yummy and I could feel the CBD right in my brain just lower the high like a bastard.

One thing I will say is that it is a much better daytime smoke than Sativa depending on the person personally I like hybrids and even Indica dominant better for day time smoke because I can get shit done fried no problem.

But legalization is a must it most certainly has a place for recreational use and could be absolutely amazing for a person who does not like the high of traditional dank. Only problem is people who don't care for the high of traditional dank are not going to be able to find a 1:1 or even 2:1.

I do like weed that has lower levels of CBD as well supposedly White Rhino/Medicine Man has a decent amount of CBD probably only like 3% tops and that is one of my favorites. IMO we really do need more than just THC as that Spice shit was a synthetic pure THC and I did not like it one bit but on the other hand I know some people actually like it. So eh whatever floats your boat and finds your lost remote. There is something for everyone especially since CBD Crew came out.

Plus you can start a thread today on everyone's favorite strains and not many will list an already listed strain from another person. Really it's impossible to ask for the best strain because some have actually asked about strains that smell like burnt tires and even dog shit among many others that like some nasty tasting weed IMO.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've thought long of the benefits of the 1-1 or higher ratios, in some reports I have seen that the extracts from regular cannabis are superior. If it's not o.o3% it's still illegal so why bother if that's your personal situation.. Recreational cannabis use is far more important than medical because it gives everyone the same opportunities to get the valuable nutrition.. Not just kids with cards and rappers..

There are 5 chemotypes
High THC
CBD/THC
High CBD
High CBG
No Cannabinoids

The "1 in 4" in the quote. Not including other genes, and in nonconformist notation, that's the Mendelian THCCBD X THCCBD = THC + THCCBD + THCCBD + CBD. (CBD X CBD = CBD, THC X THC = THC, CBD X THC = THCCBD)

I like CBD/THC I have no use for the other chemotypes other then selling them to folks who might or might not need them..

RedBeardy5

I'm a firm believer in CBD, I smoke it and take it orally. In my 20's I was into power lifting and threw my back out, after that I would throw it out every other month. I was too young for surgery at the time but now I'm back in the gym lifting the same amount of weight. It does have its place in the medical field as far as inflammation, ADD, anxiety, and ADHD. I also used CBD to kick my strong nicotine habit, no joke. The key for me was taking it everyday, it seemed to build up over time. My back slowly got better

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBD E liquid from DerbyCBD's is top notch, we was blasted on it @ carnival this year.. It gets you somewhat high and it stops the craving for a joint instantly.. Mixed with joints it makes for some fun times in the sun.... It comes in 3 different concentrations.. It's all Kosher :)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The "1 in 4" in the quote. Not including other genes, and in nonconformist notation, that's the Mendelian THCCBD X THCCBD = THC + THCCBD + THCCBD + CBD. (CBD X CBD = CBD, THC X THC = THC, CBD X THC = THCCBD)

Strange how one of my old posts got mixed in that post somehow.

I've never had anything like anxiety problems from pot but other people are strange, so some will like the mixture more, because it's more mellow. They could just grind a CBD bud and a THC bud together instead.

I have heard plenty people say they liked Afghan or Indian Charas better.

These are also high CBD, more than 95% of all hash is (according to the definition of the Trimbos Institute).
I couldn't say I like any of these better, it's like comparing the most beautiful girls, they are all special and unique.
Charas from northern Indian regions certainly is, because it is also high in THCV, which seems to give a very “clean” high.

you and I are arguing the same point.

We are, but I fully agree with Chunkypigs; tested 1:1 strains are much less popular than supposed 1:1 strains, nobody here likes the tested ones.

Registered patients in the Netherlands will stop using 1:1 strains roughly half the time while they only stop using high THC strains in less than 1 out of 12 times.
High THC clearly works much better.
Among recreational users CBD isn't popular either, it's much cheaper than regular weed, sometimes tourists buy it, but we certainly don't anymore;

bubbleblower-albums-cbd-picture12421-a.jpg

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forgot to mention this the CBD E liquid from the Derby seller is compliant with all the UK driving regulations :) You can vape it whilst getting spit tested and pass every time..

They can't test for it :biggrin:

Lets just say it was borne out of necessity..

Latest posts

Latest posts