What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

303 -papua new guinea gold

ThaiBliss

Veteran
PNG

PNG

Greetings,

The pictures of 303 look so awesome, and the descriptions of the effects sound like my favorite weeds of my youth, Thai Stick; Sumatran; Jamaican Ganja. The pictures look like Thai and/or Zamal. Unfortunately, I do not posses the 303... yet. Hope springs eternal. I do have Zamaldelica from ACE seeds, and Nanan-Bouclou from Southern Star Seeds. I have my first Zamaldelica curing, have not tried it yet, and a Nanan-Bouclou ready for the flowering cabinet.

Here is a picture of my Zamaldelica leaf:
picture.php

I guess I'm just showing off the beautiful Zamaldelica leaf since it is not supposed to have 303 or PNG in it, but I believe Zamal was referenced somewhere in this thread, or the PNG thread I was just reading today.
:peacock:

The Nanan-Bouclou is supposed to be half PNG and half a Jamaican related Haitian strain. At first I was heartbroken by the fat indica looking leaves. But, I just read a few things that make me think the PNG part may be for real.

1.) The description of an un-topped plant being main stem dominate. This is precisely how my first Nanan-Bouclou looks.

2.) The aroma described as lemongrass. This is the most dominate smell by far. The secondary smell is hard to pinpoint, and seems to change day to day. Lemongrass aroma is strong and constant.

Here she is:

picture.php

I know... I know..., it is a far cry from 303 so far. Because of the structure and aroma, I'm willing to believe the breeder that it is 50% PNG. I'll see it through.

A friend of mine is also growing one. He is embarrassed to admit, but he smoked the fan leaves and was astounded by the intensity and quality of the high. He smoked fan leaves of a Burmese plant that he thought was good, but did not want to post about it because he thought no one would believe him. He said Nanan-Bouclou leaves were the strongest leaves he had ever smoked, and on par with really good bud.

If it turns out to be world class weed for me, it may be worth something as a cross to reinvigorate a 303 seed-line that may be in danger of being genetically bottle-necked due to the rarity of people preserving it.

Just a thought...
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Gert Lush

Veteran
Shouldn't worry too much ThaiBliss mate.
Whenever I've crossed the 303 with anything, the other plant dominates the growth habit. I think you've seen pics of my 303×C99 and 303×NepJam. You can't see almost any slender leaf in them. Well recessive!

The final proof will be in the smoke.

Not one of my seeds would open up! So..My seeds are gone! Anyone else have any? monkey5

Thats sad bro. Hopefully someone was able to preserve some before the viability was lost. I lusted over that strain for years because its supposed to be scary and heart palpitations type stuff. I live for that high and its hard to come by. I've been keeping a few of the last beans of any hard to come by strain. Maybe in the future we can get the DNA and replicate them in synthetic seeds to bring back the strain. That's for quenching our curiosity to see if you were able to bring any back to life.

Snow

idiit

Veteran
i love the png dom pheno out of nanan bouclou. smoked some last night. intense up psychoactive high. very good potency. very good bag appeal. quite a few ppl have smoked it and everyone is very happy. i'm running some homemade f1's from the png dom pheno and already have two very sativish looking males for my in line png breeding project out of nanan bouclou png dom phenos. the smoke aroma (burned fan leaves dried and rolled into a joint) is the clincher. very different smoke aroma than the haitian.

the haitian has a white widow type flower structure. the meristems are thicker. the smoke off the haitian fan leaves is typical sativa. the leaf smoke aroma off the png dom is rich, aromatic, wonderful. the haitian is prone to bud rot. the png is very hardy and not susceptible to bud rot from my first outdoor grow results. the png was gooey and frosty. the haitian was somewhat frosty and not gooey. the haitian clones came in in late october. the png dom clones finished in september except for the last final popcorn bud harvest.

the haitian high is the best work/task weed strain i've grown. great focused non debilitating high. worth having by itself. just don't have it flower out during excessive heat/humidity season. i'll grow seed plants instead of clones next year of both haitian and png lines.

RavanSilent

Hey Idiit my apologies for taking your time but would you suggest crossing the PNG with Kali, also how would you veg it so it get the full expression of its phenotype?

idiit

Veteran
Hey Idiit my apologies for taking your time but would you suggest crossing the PNG with Kali, also how would you veg it so it get the full expression of its phenotype?

i got too much time, especially during winter months. :)

i've got a good png male pollen stored. very potent fan leaves, great smoke aroma. stretchy like mustafunks post here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&page=640

i'm going thru my homemade f1 png dom seeds now looking for a good png dom female.

the haitian dominated nanan bouclou from my experience and confirmed by sss emails. don't know if the png will be a "sport" ; sport meaning will transfer desired attributes into its progeny.

the png dominate pheno from nb (still some strong haitian influence) was powerful and some psychoactivity. not nearly as psychoactive as my 2011 golden tiger after 6 month cure and not as psychoactive as seeds of africa malawi gold.

Lesnah

i got too much time, especially during winter months. :)

i've got a good png male pollen stored. very potent fan leaves, great smoke aroma. stretchy like mustafunks post here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&page=640

i'm going thru my homemade f1 png dom seeds now looking for a good png dom female.

the haitian dominated nanan bouclou from my experience and confirmed by sss emails. don't know if the png will be a "sport" ; sport meaning will transfer desired attributes into its progeny.

the png dominate pheno from nb (still some strong haitian influence) was powerful and some psychoactivity. not nearly as psychoactive as my 2011 golden tiger after 6 month cure and not as psychoactive as seeds of africa malawi gold.

Raven is my personal buddy, sounds like we have a long road ahead of us. The good thing about your post is, I actually want the Haitian genetics to shine when I pop the seeds. I read on another forum that the Nanan gave off a "Minty listerine" scent and a mixture of fruit and spices on the palette. Does that sound familiar to you Idiit? Did you experience that when burning some NB? If that's the case, The Nanan seems top be a descendant of a Keralan type Sativa.

RavanSilent

Thank you Idiit for the example and I have to say that strain has a beautiful color, also I can tell the aroma is all of what you said. But all depends on what side and or pheno you grow towards, and you mention a strain call African Malawi. Would you say this strain is lets say on the same psychoactive standards as Satori and Highland Thai. And thanks again Idiit I appreciate your counsel, and it would seem my brother joined the topic :tiphat:

RavanSilent

Also out of curiosity Idiit, I was wondering if you can up the potency of your herb when introducing psychedelic extract. While its vegging, maybe through its food?

idiit

Veteran
I read on another forum that the Nanan gave off a "Minty listerine" scent and a mixture of fruit and spices on the palette. Does that sound familiar to you Idiit?

yes, i can see that in some phenos being very possible. i'm seeing that mostly noticeable in the haitian.

Also out of curiosity Idiit, I was wondering if you can up the potency of your herb when introducing psychedelic extract. While its vegging, maybe through its food?

^ great out of the box thinking. i got no idea. what i'm really interested in is getting some soa mg fully mature outdoors (transplanting clones late april) and doing my qwiso concentrate extract from the bud. i'm preparing to do this 2015. soa mg and sss png concentrates would hopefully magnify the psychoactive properties and that would be very nice indeed. :)

re sss nanan bouclou png pheno:

still looking for good female png. have plenty of seeds left for pheno search. the two males were very different that produced my png dom seedstock (f2's); one png dom looking, one very similar to my current freezer stored stretchy, reddish png male. the male that looked a lot like mustafunks png post produced very little pollen so the seedstock is heavy png dom/png dom. however, i have already gotten one strong png looking male pheno (freezer pollen) so it's just a matter of time till i get a good female.

ozg at sss wrote in an email to me that he got his png stock 20+ years ago from an aboriginal in australia that got his seeds from a png native.
The motherplant is Haitian Sativa and its father is a Cape Tribulation Sativa ( which is PNG Gold).

sss also stated that his mullumimby madness (he also calls it nimbin sativa) came from a grower in the nimbin area (famous for mm grows back in the day) 20+ years ago.

is sss's mm and cape tribulation sativa the real deal mm and png? only the older growers (probably australian/nz) that actually ran png and mm and sss mm and png could authenticate imo.

idiit

Veteran
you mention a strain call African Malawi. Would you say this strain is lets say on the same psychoactive standards as Satori and Highland Thai

i've grown the bat pheno (indic) satori and it has no psychoactivity imo. have not grown out the sativa (spear satori). i have smoked only one strain peer with soa mg re power and psychoactivity which interesting enough was meao thai ( iirc mt is a highland thai) crossed into ace's malawi (my 2011 golden tiger). i now believe that pheno (2011 od grown) was a frosty mum malawi pheno with a strong mt influence. that pheno was not awesome until it got a 6th month cure. then it was the best shit i personally had ever smoked. my soa mg keeper clone mandingo is that good imo. i'm just now harvesting bud off my second soa mandingo indoor run and it's getting close but not there yet. no cure time for soa mg per my smoke report on her.

RavanSilent

Hey Idiit my apologies for the very late response, but I see what you mean. It must be tough getting a certain pheno and I now realize how difficult it is to get certain characteristics. Must go through generations of grows to lock down the traits. Also I seen the pics of your specimens, definitely have a very fine group and especially that southern star looks great. So you were able to isolate the Haitian features.

idiit

Veteran
So you were able to isolate the Haitian features.

the Haitian isolation was easy as it dominated my nanan bouclous.

the png dom or cape tribulation sativa was very hard to isolate due to herms. now I got some non hermi parents that produced the cts/png type beans.

haven't been back to check on my lone cts/png clone to see how she'd doing yet.

Lesnah

Wutup Idiit!!!

Wutup Idiit!!!

I'm sitting here puffing on some Haitian dominant NB right now.....smoke smells like green tea/sage. I'm sick with a light fever but decided fuck it this might help me. Now I'm coasting lol. Relieving some of this congestion and giving me energy buahah

Latest posts

Latest posts