What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

303 -papua new guinea gold

ive never heard of this strain before. sounds intriguing.

too bad when you're ready to buy the good strains' seeds, they always seem to be gone from the market. womp womp womp... :muahaha:

Last edited:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
hi all 303 is not PNG do some research it is worth the effert.
Hempy, I have no idea of whether it's PNG or not beyond what FET said in the blurb. Since I got it from FET, I believe him, he's never struck me as a liar, and I'm grateful that he's made such a great and rare strain (and not only this one) available. Here's the quote from the blurb:
SpiceBros Blurb said:
I have been told it consist of what flooded Northern tropical Australia back in the early 70s the all great PNG Gold and various Hawaiian/Fuji strains. Papua New Guinea Gold would most likely be the main contributor to this strain.
The plant certainly grows (and hits) like a tropical sativa. Now, if there is something else you know and we don't, feel free to enlighten us.
"Do some research" is not really helpful advice, especially without some sort of reference provided. It is almost impossible to get any information on this for the average joe.

LL84 and others -
I have been growing this pheno for a while, must be getting on for two years now, and I'm on the 4th or 5th run. Obviously I love it, plus I am very keen to explore its crosses. The 303xC99 I did was something else again, a wonderful 10-11wk sat-dom, and I'm thinking of actually making some seeds available (you can find some links in RUST if you follow my signature thread, NJx303). The plant in the pic has not been flowered yet, it's going in soon though, ATM, it's just a decorative house plant. LOL! If there's is enough interest I will pollinate it with some good C99.

As for 303 seeds, I was hoping someone else would make them, since it's quite an effort, however, despite some people threatening :wink: to do so, no-one has yet, that I know of. If no-has done so by summer 2009, I may do a seed run as I still have a pack of 303, don't want it to get too old, and this strain is really worth preserving.

===

In the meantime, if anyone has or has grown real PNG gold, I'd love to hear about it, the only pics I've ever seen of it were from a documentary of gun-running in Papua. (Which kinda discourages me from wanting to visit the place itself, for research purposes or otherwise!)

Last edited:
W

weedpureweed

I have grown out 303 a very nice tropical sat, was my first sativa grow..very good strong high. Your crosses sounds nice and easier to grow I bet.

found this pic as it was starting to flower, leaf curl is from being shoved in the corner of the tent.

Last edited:

dreams

Hi Herbalistic, thanks for the interest. :)
They really are lovely looking plants aren't they? So different to the usual hybrids and indi's we see so often. I have a real soft spot for them! I'm not sure whether 303 is going to be available via Fet again or not. I know he's got problems at the moment. If the worst happens and Fet isn't doing anymore, seeds will be spread amongst the community to facilitate the preservation of the strain. :)
303 will survive, no matter what! :D
longshot

that's the real spirit of a grower.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hempy, I have no idea of whether it's PNG or not beyond what FET said in the blurb. Since I got it from FET, I believe him, he's never struck me as a liar, and I'm grateful that he's made such a great and rare strain (and not only this one) available. Here's the quote from the blurb:
The plant certainly grows (and hits) like a tropical sativa. Now, if there is something else you know and we don't, feel free to enlighten us.
"Do some research" is not really helpful advice, especially without some sort of reference provided. It is almost impossible to get any information on this for the average joe.

LL84 and others -
I have been growing this pheno for a while, must be getting on for two years now, and I'm on the 4th or 5th run. Obviously I love it, plus I am very keen to explore its crosses. The 303xC99 I did was something else again, a wonderful 10-11wk sat-dom, and I'm thinking of actually making some seeds available (you can find some links in RUST if you follow my signature thread, NJx303). The plant in the pic has not been flowered yet, it's going in soon though, ATM, it's just a decorative house plant. LOL! If there's is enough interest I will pollinate it with some good C99.

As for 303 seeds, I was hoping someone else would make them, since it's quite an effort, however, despite some people threatening :wink: to do so, no-one has yet, that I know of. If no-has done so by summer 2009, I may do a seed run as I still have a pack of 303, don't want it to get too old, and this strain is really worth preserving.

===

In the meantime, if anyone has or has grown real PNG gold, I'd love to hear about it, the only pics I've ever seen of it were from a documentary of gun-running in Papua. (Which kinda discourages me from wanting to visit the place itself, for research purposes or otherwise!)

ive grown png gold , pure , several times when i was younger .. though it was well before digital cameras ,, sorry i dont have any pics ..
a good friend of mine has a strain that has png gold in its composition , look into some zoidfuel , it gave me a glimmer of the memory i have of png gold ...

SobStory

Ive seen plenty of Ganja in Papua and Irian Jaya , Dried commercial buds & Live plants both wild and cultivated, Most gardens from my experiance are small affairs with the seeds often garnished from local wild stands, which is actully pretty good shit if you give it a handrub.

You will find some indicas in the coastal areas, mostly due to early indian migration to the area, and the local indian community smoke imported hash as allways ! My guess is thats where the Landrace Sativas possibly orientate from, even the linguistics (Ganja/ghancha being the most universal term in use EVEN with the very linguistically diverse hill/valley tribes ) but also maybe from an earlier wave of migrants via SE asia.

When you look at the terain of the area, its not surprising the strains remain so pure, The terrain is SO rough where some of the tribes live you would not believe it, its so bad that there isnt even much cross contamination of languange let alone Weed genes

If someone could indiana jones up, and get into those areas, Trust me it would be a Marijuana jurassic park in there

Wheres Arjan when you need him !

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Heres a picture of some png sativa i grew a few years ago ..
The rain they had i doubt anything other than a png sativa could handle and still look as good as this ..

D

Dalaihempy

I recall reading the 303 fet had was crossed to some wide leafed indica at some point, ?????

I had chatted to fet about the 303 it was from an old guy that ran the line for years up in the tropics it had png in it but was breed with a other lines threw the years.

bushweed

Veteran
If someone could indiana jones up, and get into those areas, Trust me it would be a Marijuana jurassic park in there

Wheres Arjan when you need him !

Indeed, Arjan swinging through the trees like Tarzan with a giant cola protruding from his arboretum.:comfort:

SobStory

Indeed, Arjan swinging through the trees like Tarzan with a giant cola protruding from his arboretum.:comfort:

More like running from the rascals, wondering were his itallian sidekicks head has gone !

Ill be in Moresby two months from now, unfortuanatly my 'nads arent that big that im going to head up into the hills !

Ill also be in micronesia following that, for the first time which im pretty excited about, you heard anything about micronesian herb Bushweed ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Lol ,,, its a shame its gotten so bad that without huge nads one cant venture into those parts these days ..
I used to do day trips with the guys into the hills when i was 6 yrs old , safe as houses back in those days ... My oldies said they approached the guys i was cruising around with (bones in their noses etc) and said what would they do if something happened to me .. "No problem misses , we would kill them " they would say , and given the look of them there was no question they could ..
I was lucky enough to see a lot of things my parents and siblings didnt , some great memories of png ..

LL84

i believe monkey5 has 3 packs of the 303. Pm him and check but i think he isnt around as much as he used to

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I have the PNG, that for sure is not lost. Cannot say the same for 303. I hope it is not lost.

its ok jo jo , the country still has some seed ,
it would be a shame if they had to go over and ask you for some,
you probably have the only ones on your street ...

how do they go for you ?

JOJO420

Veteran
its ok jo jo , the country still has some seed ,
it would be a shame if they had to go over and ask you for some,
you probably have the only ones on your street ...
Well, not sure if your laughing at me or with me??? I simply spoke up and said its not lost. And yes god forbid it was down to my stash..

how do they go for you ?
They are great, nice sativa plants, but it was the high that makes this strain special. All in all a good plant that I believe will shine in Hybrids.

Latest posts

Latest posts