What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Drummers Out There?

I Used To Grow

I have been wanting to learn how to play the drums for a while now.

I just wanted to know if there are any drummers here on IC Mag because I have a couple questions.

I want to learn how to play the drums so I can jam with friends who play guitars and sing..I think that would be a blast

G

Yes learn drums! I play guitar and sing, and its so hard to find drummers! Drumming is just awesome! Maybe I'll get inspired by this thread and join you on your learning experience. Have you seen those pure electric drums? I tried them out at a local music shop and damn they are awesome.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Buy a pair of drumsticks and beat on a bucket for a while to see if you grow into needing real drums. A 55 gallon drum is great to beat the heck out of - very tribal.
H

I Used To Grow

I think this next paycheck is going to help me pay for some drums in the near future.

I think I have been inspired from all the concerts I've been to this year.

My favorite drummers are probably Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters, Joey Jordinson from Slipknot..Chad Smith from RHCP...shit man..any drummer that I've ever listened to has inspired me

I Used To Grow

Interesting story..

back in August of 2000..I went to some concerts in Phoenix, AZ..at the end of a No Doubt concert I ended up with one of their drummer's sticks...I was offered a couple hundred bucks for it and I said "hell no!"...I snuck around the side of the building and got to the backstage area and had it signed by the Black Eyed Peas...couldnt' get close to No Doubt or Gwen Stefani...

maybe that was a sign of things to come..hmm

GoodbyeBlueSky

I Used To Grow said:
My favorite drummers are probably Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters, Joey Jordinson from Slipknot..Chad Smith from RHCP...shit man..any drummer that I've ever listened to has inspired me

no Danny Carey?

:badday:

G

I used to be a drummer but when I left for school I couldnt bring them with me and lost interest. I still have a nice drum set but havent used it for years. I may get back into it soon because it is relaxing for me. Sit back, smoke a couple bowls and drum a little. :joint:
BTW the first song I ever played was RHCP "Under the Bridge". Very easy. :smile:

One bit of advice: Get a drum kit for your first set. Nothing worse then having an expensive dust-collector in the attic. :D Drum kits are about 1/4 of the price of a reg drum set. :drum:

spectrum

i play drums. its a fun instrument, but very frustrating money-wise. everything is so fucking expensive - especially cymbals.

these are some of the better quality cheaper kits:
-Tama Rockstar
-Premier APK
-Mapex Mars

akornpatch

Yes I'm a drummer. Been playing drums since I was in high school...about 26-27 years now. started with snare drum/timpany, percussion in orchestra, drums set in jazz ensemble, then to rock bands etc. since. Currently in the studio recording a new CD with our band. Live gigs start in February. Here we go!

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
As a bass player it is damn hard to find good drummers. I know an excellent one, but he is too far to jam with unless I visit.

Hold on to one when you find a good one! Or become one yourself. That's why I picked up the bass - too many guitarists!

I Used To Grow

nice...thanks for the responses people..

I will be looking around at the pawn shops when I get paid..

Like someone said...some drumsticks and a bucket would be good to start out with until I get the hang of it..

All I really wanted to know was how much a cheap kit would cost to learn...if I can get good I will buy a set ya know...

I saw on Ebay that sets go from like $200 to $1000..

I'll do some more research and see what a kit costs

admiralcornport

ICMAG drummers unite!!! I've been playing for 18 years!!! If you have any querstions let me know... A great site to start learning things is www.vicfirth.com go to education and start clicking away. LEarn your rudements first. Work on technique, and bang your frustration away. Also www.drummerworld.com has videos of every drummer ever, I could spend days on that site.

I Used To Grow

well..since a drum kit is a lot cheaper..I think I will go with that and get the hang of it and learn a few things..then if I can afford a cheaper drum set I will invest in one..

I think it's time I learn how to play an instrument and use some of the talent I've been given..my mom played the drums in high school and also sang..so hey, I think it's a good as time as any to learn how to play some drums

I'm not a drummer but I have been looking to get into it as well. If your looking for a cheao kit you might want to try craigslist.

G

All I really wanted to know was how much a cheap kit would cost to learn
Under $500 no problem, gotta eat i'll be back with some info for ya in a few..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts