What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Speed Devil #2

Rogue One

First time growing. Remembered I had some seeds I bought probably about 8 years ago.
All three germinated, one died after planting due to lack of water,
the second one (named her Etana, meaning strength) had a rough start and was struggling but she's tough and coming through,
third one (named her Eva, meaning life) is thriving!

Keeping it really simple, just growing for myself and a friend who wants to try Rick Simpson Oil.
Don't really care about high or low yield, I'm happy with whatever mother nature will bestow upon me. Rick Simpson oil is so strong even a little bit lasts forever when you eat it since your liver changes the molecules from delta-9-THC to 11-hydroxy-THC which is way more potent. Smoking is crude and illogical, and a waste.
Using regular potting soil for flowers. This is 16 days after I started germination. Sunlight plus a 40W lamp.
Will transplant to 10 L pots.
Easy does it.

Rogue One

Have you named every plant? That sounds interesting
Can't hurt to be extra nice and loving, they're living beings after all. All the thoughts that pass through our awareness influence how we experience reality. If you think your plant is gonna die then you are increasing that chance, if you think it's stronger than it seems and will make it through then it is more likely to happen. The law of attraction is very real. :)

Rogue One

The plant on the left looks like it is stretching looking for more light.
Bending towards the sunlight and lamp, it's just a small vertical desk lamp. Been thinking about rotating the pots but I wonder if it's stressful for the plants. What do you think?

Swanson

I agree there is a lighting issue. Desk lamp with a 40w incandescent isn't going to do much if that's what's going on. Compact fluorescent lights however do wonders at close range. You should make a micro grow box. GL

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too, besides light, they need to be transplanted ASAP! Get the entire root ball. Inadequate light, cramped root area will severely stunt autos.

Rogue One

Alright, thanks for the replies and advice, very much appreciated, learning as I go!
Have transplanted, though there wasn't much root at all, not even half the pot,
didn't reach the sides or bottom yet.
Built a 7 foot tower with boxes on my kitchen table and crammed it up against the TL lights.

About 10-15cm distance. It's much brighter in real life than on the pic obviously.

Rogue One

21 days after I started germination. Ain't gonna be a fat one but it's all experience. The baby girl, let's call her Frankenstein's bride, hesitated for a couple of days and her leaves are a bit deformed but is now slowly but surely going her way. Will transplant once I get my lamp. She barely has any roots anyway so why rush? She'll be stunted either way but maybe she'll do a spurt once she's under the new lamp.

Her bigger sis is doing great. Moving them to the window when it's sunny and under the TL's when it's cloudy and at night.

Decided not to half ass things from now on and invested in a Viparspectra R300, seems like some hi-fi business, and a ph meter to check water and soil. Should be arriving within a week. Considering extra nutrients for flowering phase. And for my next grow also veg juice. Does it make a big difference? Have my eyes on Biocanna Flores. Good merchandise?

Thanks for any and all advice. Take it easy!

Also is there any way I can edit my posts? Or does it get enabled only after a certain amount of posts once the noobness wears off a little?