What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Authorities raid 247 Colorado homes growing black market pot

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
i've seen images from FLIR cameras where you could distinguish where in rooms/which rooms people were in, and other heat sources looked like the house was on fire. colder the weather, larger the difference in inside vs outside temps.
It's not actually FLIR, FLIR cannot even penetrate a good window. You are thinking of UWB which is Ultra Wide Band radar. And UWB has nothing to do with heat sources. Most buildings are designed to trap heat. Can an IR camera see through a tin shack? Possibly. Can it see through a brick wall with insulation? Not in your life. Heat doesn't work that way. UWB is definitely what you are thinking of.

shithawk420

Veteran
Damn that was a good post.you sure your not a secretAgent? But seriously that was a good post.i dont even fully understand that UWB stuff.kinda scares me

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh boy i forgot about this.this wierdo i knok thinks flourecent lights have cameras or something.ive almost heard it all now.bitch is crazy

thailer

a dude in colorado was watching this on the news and said the reporter mentioned this was a investigation that was ongoing for several years. somebody probably got caught and snitched on others. i don't think they're out there with radars and imaging sensors.

U

useless.gardens

That's a lotta weed. They must be using IR or FLIR to look inside these houses from the outside and getting billing info from the power company. There's no other way.
ah. no. and. yes.

im a (lay) expert on search and seizure -my case involving 100+ plants is at the superior court (state level) right now.

in case anybody likes to know, i lost the first round. im a winner all day at the appellate level.

as well, i do legal research, writing, and motion filing for inmates on lock-down in the prisons in which they had yours truly for 11+ months.

100% for sure ==> FLIR is illegal to use in all 50 states w/o a warrant.

100% for sure ===> billing from the power company is also illegal to obtain w/o a warrant.

as well, the State cant violate your (state or fed) rights to bust you.

so to use that data like you suggest, the pigs would need two warrants. one for your power company data. and one for the grow house.

and on the above note, the more cities/towns that move to smart meters... i find to be a problem.

for example, and as an aside, the police in my city can sit outside your home, tap into the smart meter network, and via frequency range can determine what devices/appliances are turned on inside the home. of course they do this w/o a warrant (& that is illegal). and to be clear, that type of "stolen info" (pirated smart meter info) by the pigs cant be used to get a warrant either.

for sure, an affidavit had to be written to get a warrant.

270+ houses = 270+ affidavits

i dont see how so many warrants can be valid & w/o a snitch... and how does a snitch know 270 grow houses?

too, i cant see how a judge signed off on all that bullshit. everybody in Colo, and any state really, should be concerned about these scumbag judges rubber stamping warrants.

vote out all judges that engage in such activity.

as a pig, you cant even get a warrant for a home search w/o interviews, data, and more... it's called the four corners of the affidavit... in lay speak, its what the pigs used to determine & support the findings (on the street) for the issuance of a warrant. in this context, you can call it "probable cause".

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Many states have ruled it illegal because what they can see is so intrusive. They can literally see you making children.
Maybe they had Alexa or ring or the amazon app/smart controllers that controls their heater, lights, etc. :bashhead: Kidding of course, kinda.

Peace, God bless

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
To cover that much area and make so many busts, I could see drones involved looking for hot houses. Cops get new toys and try to test the law by showing a "need"..

Plenty of reason for paranoia.

thailer

the only other thing i have seen in mass by the state was in oregon when they surprised visited licensed tier two medical farms that had lowered their plant count to avoid using the tracking system due to a new rule that year. it wasn't even a surprise so much as very short notice that they were going to to inspect and they didn't say whom. one guy livestreamed his raid on IG and eventually got the case dismissed.

my hunch as to why there are always so many houses when they do these busts where someone snitched is that the grows are not huge in scale but instead many small operations that belong to one person. why only one person per house seized was arrested? wouldn't also a spouse or roommate possibly be at one of these residences if it was just random?

i'm registered legally to grow medical cannabis so they have my address and i have to let them inspect. i just don't know when it's gonna be or whatever. i don't know why washington has never inspected in mass like oregon did. i sure hope they don't start this year. i need to pick some keepers quick and get out while the gettins good. stay safe everyone and be smart.

U

useless.gardens

if the pigs even did that at one house... and they were in my home in Colo... im crushing them in court all day.

if one person beats the state regarding this issue, i see bad mojo on all 270 "busts" !

if the pigs are using drones, and i agree with you all day on that, its illegal. even to test out a new toy, its illegal.

the pigs CANT use FLIR of any kind w/o a warrant. fact.
the pigs cant use illegal FLIR data to get a warrant. fact.

will they do it? sure.
will they lie on how they get data? sure.

we all understand the pigs cant be trusted.

for sure, the US supreme court (and US appeals courts) said more than one time... its an invasion of privacy to use FLIR as it sees more than plants/lights/ballasts.

im 100% certain on this issue. those decisions are valid in all 50 states too.

for sure, i see bunches of those cases in Colo as loosing efforts.

still it shows the power of the state to lie and destroy lives ...all on bogus data.

play safe out here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

GatorGumbo

FLIR cannot see through fucking walls. It can't see through most glass. It can't see through fog or smoke. It ONLY can see infrared fucking wavelengths through surfaces opaque to IR (walls are not). I know this because I own much better thermal than I used in the military, and waaaaaay better than what your average local PD would have. I can count moustache hairs on a man at 400 yards, but I can't see through a solid fucking thing. This was expensive equipment that I dedicated no mere casual amount of interest in before investing in. Trust me, I know my thermal game.

Police use FLIR to find curious heat patterns on the outside or inside of your house when looking for heat sources or cold sinks indicative of criminal activity. That's it. If you're not pulling commercial scale weights dealing with commercial scale heat exchange then you don't have much to worry about.

UWB imaging can see through walls, because it's RADAR. It's used by emergency rescue teams for finding people within rubble, and I know of only one system that is not exclusive to the federal government approval. That system, placed against an outside wall can see up to 50 feet through it. I have never heard of it being approved for use in anything less than a homeland security scenario. Joe Regular doesn't have shit to worry about besides not burning the snow off his roof with a 600sqft grow venting into the attic, where FLIR from a helo will pick it up and get you noticed.

This fear of IR imaging reminds me of the combatants in Iraq thinking our sunglasses gave us x-ray Superman vision. Keep your heat levels low and mind your own business, things will be fine for you. Everyone can put their plants back in the dirt and relax.

U

useless.gardens

actually, and your knowledge about FLIR is tight, you need to be worried.

got you the primary actor in this article as the federal government.

thats a huge problem.

and the fed... coerced the state to act on its residents/citizens in the most heinous way possible... to team up & go into their houses.

is illegal flower a problem?

ah. why would i care with 85+ plants in my house this very second (and MAC1 and sour dubbs on the way !!! i love you bro !!!) & felonies on my record (till i win in court) for growing?

shit, im biased all day !!!! free the flower !!!! and stay the fuck outta my house as im a firm believer in substantive law.

notice how the article really is short on detail except for the legal strategy of the us district attorney... which is centered around forfeiture.

people of Colo... be concerned !

and so you know, as gatorgumbo got a great handle on the technology, but maybe has never seen the notes of testimony at any trial or a read a judges decision when FLIR is discussed... the picture the prosecution paints on the effectiveness of FLIR is way more detailed than you describe. its actually talked about at court like they see details, bodies, people moving around the house, and more.

even then, and even if heat patterns arent detailed images, judges have protected your rights to be free from invasion by government actors via wiretaps, FLIR, hacking, and more!

& no way there are 270 snitches. unbelievable.
more like 270 lying cops with their names on 270 lying affidavits.

Last edited:

EsterEssence

Veteran
They are threating to bust a lot of illegal grows in my area of Cali, they use code enforcement to get a compliance warrant, which gives them easy access to your property. There are a lot of greenhouses out here, not sure if you have to have a permit for removable structure but we will see what happens. I think I am going to only grow 6 which is legal, to do a medical grow you have to register with the county which I will not do...

G

GatorGumbo

actually, and your knowledge about FLIR is tight, you need to be worried.

got you the primary actor in this article as the federal government.

thats a huge problem.

and the fed... coerced the state to act on its residents/citizens in the most heinous way possible... to team up & go into their houses.

is illegal flower a problem?

ah. why would i care with 85+ plants in my house this very second (and MAC1 and sour dubbs on the way !!! i love you bro !!!) & felonies on my record (till i win in court) for growing?

shit, im biased all day !!!! free the flower !!!! and stay the fuck outta my house as im a firm believer in substantive law.

notice how the article really is short on detail except for the legal strategy of the us district attorney... which is centered around forfeiture.

people of Colo... be concerned !

and so you know, as gatorgumbo got a great handle on the technology, but maybe has never seen the notes of testimony at any trial or a read a judges decision when FLIR is discussed... the picture the prosecution paints on the effectiveness of FLIR is way more detailed than you describe. its actually talked about at court like they see details, bodies, people moving around the house, and more.

even then, and even if heat patterns arent detailed images, judges have protected your rights to be free from invasion by government actors via wiretaps, FLIR, hacking, and more!

& no way there are 270 snitches. unbelievable.
more like 270 lying cops with their names on 270 lying affidavits.

Notice I made no inference as to how things are in a kangaroo court. I'm talking about reality where I can see ducks leaving trails in water, opossums leaving heat tracks, and breath rising from tall grass. What I can't do with it is see my neighbours fucking or growing weed. It does not work like that, you can tack on a bunch of shit that people say under certain circumstances but that ain't worth shit when we're clarifying the capabilities within reality.

Bottom line, as I said like three times already. FLIR cannot see through walls, it reads the infrared radiation from surfaces. It's like thinking you can see through the sun because heat from the core radiates to the outer layers. Maybe if more people knew this your average jury wouldn't get taken for a ride. Trying to help, not trying to argue, but the truth is one way and folks just can't resist taking it over the top.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope everyone realizes that this was a targeted investigation into a criminal enterprise. It wasn't simply the US government and Colorado state officials going after random home grows.

So, for those of you who know a little about Trump, he has it out for China, he sees them as our largest competitor and feels that they having been ripping off the US for a long time. Just look at the whole trade tariff mess going on right now with China.

Anyway, in 2016 he launched an investigation into the Chinese drug trafficking organization and the Asian Pride members who were operating illegal grows in Colorado for the criminal enterprises.

This bust was the result of that investigation that started in 2016.

"The court document says the investigation began in the summer of 2016 looking into what was called the “Asian Pride Drug Trafficking Organization.” It determined members of the “Chinese Drug Trafficking Organization” were supplying marijuana to Asian Pride members. The affidavit says the Chinese organization operated hundreds of grow homes in the Denver area."

"To be clear, these grows are not ones that were otherwise legal under state law. These are pure black market, producing large quantities of marijuana for distribution out of state for criminal enterprises,” said U.S. Attorney Jason Dunn."

all of these grows (and 8 Chinese restaurants) were connected to a foreign criminal enterprise.

I mean the name of the raid was called "Asian Pride" which if they were not referring to the Asian Pride members, would be a rather racist raid lol. Like as if they were going to target random asian grows and restaurants just because they can.

Of course, you should still be compliant with your local state laws and be cautious. This isn't me saying people shouldn't exercise caution when it comes to growing your own meds. Im simply trying to put this raid into context for everyone, and hopefully put some people at ease knowing the US government most likely isn't coming after your 6 plants in your basement.

dddaver

Veteran
And the hard evidence of this is? Links please. Or should we all just hail the king we know is a crook and a liar and believe one guy's account of it? No offense. I just find this weak sauce. It's like believing everything Sarah Huckabee shithead says.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the hard evidence of this is? Links please. Or should we all just hail the king we know is a crook and a liar and believe one guy's account of it? No offense. I just find this weak sauce. It's like believing everything Sarah Huckabee shithead says.

KKTV and UPI (whoever they are) both have articles up talking about it.

Google "Asian Pride" and it's on the first page.

Latest posts

Latest posts