What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Federation Seed Co. back?

popta

born and raised in lowermainland.
Vancouver seedbank still exists?
LOL I wouldn't even consider them an option. Same with vancouvers crop king seeds,
which those in the know refer to as Crap king seeds
There are no quality seed banks in Vancouver anymore. Lots of breeders have taken to Instagram and other social media platforms rather than do drops at any of these banks. Has been that way for many years now.

I'm reaching out to my contacts on this Federation business and will let you guys know if I find out anything relevant.

Vancouver seedbank no longer has the retail store on hastings, but they still sell online and there's nothing wrong with them. Bought some seeds from them a few months ago. BCBud Depot is still going too and has insanely fast shipping and email response, but higher prices.

Vancouver seedbank no longer has the retail store on hastings, but they still sell online and there's nothing wrong with them. Bought some seeds from them a few months ago. BCBud Depot is still going too and has insanely fast shipping and email response, but higher prices.

I grew up down there man and was "involved"

the vancouver seed scene is shady as shit and has been for over a decade. Why do you think most of Canada's breeders don't even consider dropping their work at the places mentioned?
BC Bud Depot LOL biggest hacks in canada, no thanx.
And don't even get me started on crap king.
These people, all of them, have ripped off many new growers with thier bogus genetics and breeder knock-offs.

thankfully there are better choices out there for us canadians.

JVonChron

damn I was hoping it was legit. the federation sweet island skunk is one of my favorite ever. their cotton candy was incredible too.

Fitzera

I feel the same about the seed bank in question. That's why I worded my reply the way that I did lol. They def don't have the best rep, that's for sure.

But yea, it would be cool to find some of the originals for sure. Even better if someone found some and repro'd them.

Good luck with your hunt!

Danny

Their "Seedsman" strains for instance are not seedsman branded seeds, they buy in bulk from tiger one distribution(which honestly are probably the exact same)...and tiger one says to relabel them as your own, not to call them seedsman...

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
No mikado???? I’m out. Hahahaha.
Believe it or not, many breeders still use mikado, albeit in crosses.
Apparently, many like the super fast finishing times and use Mikado to shorten the time on longer flowering varieties without killing potency.

I still have some in the fridge that picked up from Gypsy when they were on sale, but, this was, almost 10 years ago. Who knows what the germ rates on those will be.

Maybe I should pop em......

-cap

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Cotton Candy was the only strain of Federation's that I ever got to try. It was so awesome. Then I got sidetracked by some other genetics at the time, and never had a chance to to go back to them before they closed shop. I was so mad at myself.

But cotton candy was the shit.

CaptainDankness

Anyone actually order from Next Generation Seeds lately? They do have a couple of strains I'm interested in, but most I'm seeing about them is bad germination rates years back. They are selling direct now so you would think they fixed the low germination problem.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
God I hope they're back and that this is not some scam. I really want their island sweet skunk.

They have some authorised vendors on their website but those dealers have awfully similar sites. Just saying... :tiphat:

Fitzera

Anyone actually order from Next Generation Seeds lately? They do have a couple of strains I'm interested in, but most I'm seeing about them is bad germination rates years back. They are selling direct now so you would think they fixed the low germination problem.

Yeah i have a number of their strains and have had next to no germination issues. Ordered in the past 2 years. They include 10 freebies as well.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
This is great news!
How long ago was your order if you don't mind me asking? And was it through their current website?
Cheers!

Fitzera

I dont even remember, like I said within the last 2 years. Yeah the new website.

Just checked the website, currently sending out 10 romulan grapefruit regs with each order.

Im'One

I got Island sweet skunk from them. Great customer service and germed three out of three. One damped off and the other two are 30 days old and moved outside. They are growing great and dont complain about anything. The take nutes well and my inept ability doesnt phase them. They have a great smell like pine or cedar.
They are growing faster than my Taskenti hashplant.

Im'One

I ordered a few month ago....got romulan grapefruit freebies. If i order again he said he will send romberry next time as my freebie. Great guy.

Latest posts

Latest posts