What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

Buckeyebandit

Lester beans. I bought the 2- 600 v2's HLG from led grow lights depot. There offering the new rspec 600's for 819 before 5% discount. Have one of these new rspec on the way and going to get another in about a month. the v2's I have are beast in flower. My experience is that the girth/density is what I'm seeing. Not trying to sell anything to anyone again just my findings with the LEDs from HLG. I think UNC will have the same results

Very nice healthy looking plants! Those look to be right on par for the time in flower so far. Do you see any difference is size of the flowers or resin compared to the gavitas at this point?

I need to pull the triggs on an led. Last time I spent 800 on a de cmh and it wasn't worth a shit. So waiting to make sure I get the right one. A member here has offered to build some but the price is too high for me right now.

Which strains go another 8 weeks?

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 35 tonight...still chugging along here,getting into the heart of flowering now so the buds are swelling visibly every two days when i water,really starting to stack now...

starting to get hot outside now but the room is still keeping the temps in range,mid 80's during lights on,mid 70's lights off.been super dry out so the humidity is rarely above 40-50%

added a bunch of stakes,i was starting to get some serious lean going on,i'm sure more will be needed soon..
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Glad you are happy with the lights. Plants look like they like em too.
It took being beat in a private cup by buds grown under hlg v1's to get me to give em a shot.

i was checking a'zon for HLG lights as a price i got for the newest version of unc's lights (his are a previous version if im not mistaken) is $600+.

seems to be that some of a'zon HLG stuff is new old stock... which included unc's lamps.

i wouldnt buy anything NOS, personally, at least with regard to a led light, until i confirmed the authenticity.

im looking for something to light up a 3x3 for flower (not veg).

its good to see somebody growing out plants/flowers under these newer style LEDz.
I'm not sure about all the vendors on amazon but there are legit hlg vendors there and hlg will honor the warranty and any issues with them.
I know this because I'm the only outside sales rep hlg has at this point.
Cats outta the bag. I hooked unc up and buckeyebandit. I have hooked up a few other folks as well but only long time friends so please, if you haven't known me for at least 5 years don't bother hitting the send button asking for a hook up. Not being a dick it's just how it is.
I will however try to answer questions and be a avenue to resolve issues.

U

useless.gardens

even the stalk & stem development?

i have a few of the same cuts so im interested to see your take on cake, any chem variety, or any og (i have the true cut) under these lamps... as far as full plant development.

flowers looking chunky so everything seems nice in your space unc.

would you light a 4x8 with these no different than a 3x3? like in any enviro they'll produce if you have the skillz & genetics?

i get bomb results on a 250w super hps from hortilux on an el cheapo digi ballast (with a fan inside it mind you !!)... im cracking 1.3gpw easy.

& the heat from 250w led or hid is the same with regard to btu.

but im about saving those amps! gotta get one of these for my house cause some of my garden is on old work. everything new im doing is 12g & 20amp in a 200amp box.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even the stalk & stem development?

i have a few of the same cuts so im interested to see your take on cake, any chem variety, or any og (i have the true cut) under these lamps... as far as full plant development.

flowers looking chunky so everything seems nice in your space unc.

would you light a 4x8 with these no different than a 3x3? like in any enviro they'll produce if you have the skillz & genetics?

i get bomb results on a 250w super hps from hortilux on an el cheapo digi ballast (with a fan inside it mind you !!)... im cracking 1.3gpw easy.

& the heat from 250w led or hid is the same with regard to btu.

but im about saving those amps! gotta get one of these for my house cause some of my garden is on old work. everything new im doing is 12g & 20amp in a 200amp box.

hard for me to say since i usually over-veg and these plants were fairly small when i put them in,especially the wedding cake which got rushed in to fill the space...

i dunno,by my eye i'm on track to do like a qp per plant except for the funky forum cookies so about the same as i would get from a 1000w hortilux hps with the same varieties...

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Well I heard on the grapevine that there was a new sauce recipe/research happening :gday: All tagged up for the rest of the show unk :rtfo:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 42 of 12/12 done...

still chugging along here,everything seems to be going well for this grow,plant all seem to be happy and healthy...normally i would be seeing lots more dead leaves but it seems like the whole pHing your nutes thing actually works! who knew? i figured it was just more bro science!

anyway,also a few weeks into a fresh water day although i'm using that as a day to add microbes...

still 4 more weeks before harvest on the earliest finishers
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lester beans. I bought the 2- 600 v2's HLG from led grow lights depot. There offering the new rspec 600's for 819 before 5% discount. Have one of these new rspec on the way and going to get another in about a month. the v2's I have are beast in flower. My experience is that the girth/density is what I'm seeing. Not trying to sell anything to anyone again just my findings with the LEDs from HLG. I think UNC will have the same results
If you're talking about the HLG 600W QB288 V2 R Spec kit, I took delivery of mine last week.

I've got it set up in my new 5x5 tent over an organic soil bed.
picture.php

Haven't grown anything in it yet. Soil is still settling in while my cuttings root. Should be starting in the next couple of weeks.:woohoo:

My basement temps are normally 62-68*f year round, humidity depends on the season. After 36 hours of running wide open, the temp inside the tent was 82.6*F with my exhaust running on it's lowest setting, ~35%. The power supply is remote mounted outside the tent.

ETA - one last thing, everybody is right. Pictures don't do this light justice. It is freaking BRIGHT.

nickman

Veteran
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Looking real good unc...
If you're talking about the HLG 600W QB288 V2 R Spec kit, I took delivery of mine last week.

I've got it set up in my new 5x5 tent over an organic soil bed.
View Image

Haven't grown anything in it yet. Soil is still settling in while my cuttings root. Should be starting in the next couple of weeks.:woohoo:

My basement temps are normally 62-68*f year round, humidity depends on the season. After 36 hours of running wide open, the temp inside the tent was 82.6*F with my exhaust running on it's lowest setting, ~35%. The power supply is remote mounted outside the tent.

ETA - one last thing, everybody is right. Pictures don't do this light justice. It is freaking BRIGHT.

Seems are basements are about the same temperature’s ..

I can’t stand growing in the summertime with how hot it gets around here ..
makes it just miserable ..
I need to get something like one of those lights, I just don’t have that kinda money to throw out for another light...
what do they go for about $800?

Your bed looks dope too ...!!!...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:try growing in the desert in a south facing,un-insulated garage sometime!

the leds still put out heat,they are electrical devices after all.it's just that you don't have a bulb burning at like 2000 degrees to deal with.the heat is dispersed over the whole panel basically.

i have been fairly lucky this summer as it has been relatively cool this summer and generally bone dry out so the swamp cooler has been enough to keep the grow cool.

generally the temps have been in the mid 70's for lights out,and mid 80's lights on. i wouldn't mind seeing a bit lower lights out temps but i also want to keep the cooling bill in check...

so far the only problem has been the $#%@&$ leaf hoppers...i sprayed the plants in veg and up to week 2 in flower and thought i had them beat but i'm still finding them...not too bad but it still pisses me off...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
so far the only problem has been the $#%@&$ leaf hoppers...i sprayed the plants in veg and up to week 2 in flower and thought i had them beat but i'm still finding them...not too bad but it still pisses me off...

Do you have them in the rest of the grow rooms or is it just them popping up in flower?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
both,not as many in veg since the plants get sprayed with a rotating set of organic pest control products,or rather omri listed products so i only see one or two at a time. they aren't out of control in the led room,i smash maybe 3-4 each time i water and pluck any leaves showing any damage...

when the next round goes in i may go ahead and take down the lamps and use a doctor doom fogger just to knock them out completely..

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Ever think of a sulfur burner? But I'd only do that if you don't have plant in the same area or in your living area.

I've never had leaf hoppers yet, so I'm not familiar with fighting them.

What are your organic products/sprays?

Latest posts

Latest posts