What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a few details about the grow...

medium is pro-mix HP,all the plants are in #5 nursery pots except the forum gsc in a #10.

nutrients are the general organics veganic line as well as roots organics HP and HPK (both guano products),silica blast,and nectar of the gods posidons harvest pH up.

should be about 10 weeks to harvest the bulk of the plants with the GMO going to at least 11 weeks if not 12...

gonna reuse this pic from last night...what i'm noticing about the plants under the leds is the leaves are all sitting flat relative to the lamps.the new growth has been vigorous and the plants are staying squat and bushy.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Nice work friend, wish I had some pals that could build shit like that. Id personally have that looking like some redneck chicken cages.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i really wanted some gavitas but i got these at a screaming good deal and had already seen results from someone i have known for a while which in the long run matters more...

after i see how this run goes and as fall approaches and i can fire up my main room again i will need to expand my main veg area so i'm probably going to be looking to get another led panel that will cover a 4x4 area to run side by side with a regular 1000w halide...

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
ya fishstick those look really good. im gonna fire up another room soon and wanna try led's. everyone seems to be doing real well with them

i really wanted some gavitas but i got these at a screaming good deal and had already seen results from someone i have known for a while which in the long run matters more...

after i see how this run goes and as fall approaches and i can fire up my main room again i will need to expand my main veg area so i'm probably going to be looking to get another led panel that will cover a 4x4 area to run side by side with a regular 1000w halide...

I'm all about side-by-sides, so when you're ready and if you want to do one, hit me up and I'll give you a great deal on our panels. I have a new light in development that will be similar to the HLG panels, except ours will have heat sinks and a 6-band RGB spectrum.

Aspenou812

Veteran
UNC.... Blow it the fuck up... Lets face it you really been needing space for a while... They look amazing.... Ya got a chair in here for me???

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UNC.... Blow it the fuck up... Lets face it you really been needing space for a while... They look amazing.... Ya got a chair in here for me???

i will actually be downsizing once the main room finishes up,it will only become extra space in the fall once free cooling season starts again then i will use it for seed runs

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the next step was insulation,i used 2 inch foam board in the walls and ceiling and a reflectix wrap inside and out.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Damn that's a dinosaur of a furnace you have there unc. Looks like it has hardly had any use though.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn that's a dinosaur of a furnace you have there unc. Looks like it has hardly had any use though.

pretty sure that's the original furnace from when the house was built...it needs some new parts,but since i never use it it's a low priority for me...

there's usually only 2-3 weeks worth of days when i think it might be nice to have it running...

probably gonna need to get it fixed this year or add a regular light to the led room to keep it warm enough!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Looking really good, Uncle. Super healthy, and ready to kick into high gear. I used to run the GO line and loved it. It doubled in price after it first came out. Our local hydro shop was giving the GO boxes away for 20 bucks, now you can't find them for less than 50. Great products, but pricey for larger grows. Now I make my own teas, and get as good, if not better, results for a fraction of the price. Same ingredients, just as organic, readily available and dirt cheap:) I try to tweak efficiency everywhere.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have been looking at the vegematrix line...sort of veganics 2.0 with all the sexy new stuff like an enzyme product and foliar stuff...but for now at least i will stick to the go products if for no better reason than my local shop stocks it and i need there to be a shop around for stuff like medium...i did this whole build out and the local shop got maybe 40 bucks of what i spent simply because their prices suck...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Good for you man! They take advantage of the high risk/ high reward of our craft. The only thing is- they have no risk. Also, if you're seen in there all the time, personal risks increase exponentially. Around here anyway. I order online usually. I'll have to check out those nutes, too.
I just figured out that it costs me 32.5 cents/ gram of finished product including nutes and electricity. Not including rent, or the upfront equipment costs. There is also the 1/2 oz of promo bubble every 3 months from trim to try to offset those a bit:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smoke out: i was just thinking this is really a "village" grow...

i got the lights on a "pro bro" deal from an icmag member who i won't mention by name so he doesn't get flooded with request for cheap lights...

most of the genetics came from dansbud,our recently departed friend...can't believe how much that still hurts considering i never actually met the guy in real life...

then the people here in town who helped with the financing for the project and the one big home depot run to get materials (no car) as well as helping me lift the largest roof section into place...

and you can't forget icmag itself and all the great growers here who shared so much knowledge and information...come back from instragram people,it sucks!:)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Whoa, like a hundred bucks for the tiny starter pack - enough for 4 plants, seed to harvest. Damn, I'm in the wrong business, lol!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thought i may as well takes some pics while i was feeding the girls...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]