What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama X Malawi and GreenPCK X Panama under LEDs

Koondense

Veteran
Hola people,
may I present you my two little Panama hybrid plants, these beauties are part of the limited edition/R+D part of ACE's offering.

The first one is PCK(green) X Panama, a fem seed from R+D catalog and is still available I think.
picture.php

The plant is surprisingly vigorous, so far the fastest grower of three. Looks like she grows pretty columnar but will likely branch out soon, there are many shoots under the fan leaves.

The second one is Limited edition - Panama X Malawi, should be a very cool plant to grow. Also very vigorous(both are faster compared to Shackzilla, same conditions) and more branchy than PCK x Panama.

picture.php

On first look they seem very similar but a closer inspection hints at some major differences which will become more obvious soon.
There is not enough veg growth to judge much but both are to my liking so far, both(all three actually) handled the transplant perfectly and are now starting to explode with roots in my soil mix. I finally took some time and made again a kind of super soil, like I would make in a greenhouse or outdoor huge pots.

The setup remains the same, max 300W DIY Leds now dimmed to 250W, small tent 120x60 which is great for three plants, 18L pots with wanna-be super soil and will add some BioBizz bloom when needed.

View from the side

picture.php

Please ignore the yellow leaves, these were vegged in poor conditions, crowded and low light levels, new growth is much more important and also healthy as can be.
I'm also expecting some pests(flies) so there are some yellow sticky sheets waiting to be put in action when needed.

That's it for now, next will be some lst to open the growth and create a more even canopy. Still thinking if they'll need a net for scrog or should I just bend them and let them grow...there's still plenty of time to decide.

P.S.
Thanks to Dubi for the test seeds! :thank you:

Cheers

Sticky Sat

Suscribed ! :)

The best of luck with them but, from what we've seen from you all these years, i'm not worried at all ;-)

Kaskadian

Veteran
KD, killer strains! You've done some incredible work with LEDs and I'm looking forward to seeing another excellent show. Looking over some of your previous threads before it's becoming harder and harder to not make the switch.

I'm subbed for the show! Cheers bro.

Malarky

Your gonna like the pamwali Koodense,some beautiful phenos.

Massive yielders, they can get pretty tall also..

Good luck with the grow, not that you'll need it.

Be watching this one.

Peace.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the vibes people!

The girls are insanely vigorous so I had to start bending them a bit to expose lower branches, also both got topped, there's no need to grow that high :)
Seems they love the soil mix and despite low water levels there's no sign of high EC or anything, everything looks pretty balanced.

Panalawi says "high" ;)

picture.php

- Ncali, for sure it will be lots of fun growing these.
- Malarky, noted...gotta keep them low before the flip.
- Sticky Sat, thanks man I hope for a no-trouble grow ;)
- Kaskadian, thanks for the compliments but you know what will I say... make that switch asap! You won't be disappointed I promise(or go for a cmh, even better spectrum but lower efficency).

Cheers

Sticky Sat

Very healthy looking plants Koodense ! :)
Looks like you'll soon have all of us drooling on this thread, as usual... ;)

G

Bro!I missed the start again!I just saw a post of you on the mighty thread;) and your new signature led me here.Great strains!I expect Panama x pck to be a real beauty!After I read your first post was gonna comment on topping-training ,but you were well ahead:)
Good luck my friend -can't vote on more threads for the day:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense :)

Thanks to you for supporting our work again this season and for testing some of our latest projects :thank you:

We have not officially released any green PCK hybrid yet (pure PCK from green mother yes, but not hybrids), and we had only a few dozens of seeds left from the green PCK x Panama Goddess hybrid so i'm very happy that you have the chance to try this one.

Panama Goddess hybrids usually accept very well high levels of nutrients.

Looks like a very good start ;) Panama x Malawi is a canna star, i'm sure you will enjoy her a lot too.
Best wishes for the rest fo the cycle!

Koondense

Veteran
Welcome Repuk ;)
My cobs are 3000K, one is 6400K just for experimenting with stretch a bit.

Dubi, thanks for the chance to grow these beauties, they're really some gorgeous plants already, the PCKgreen x Panama has a potential to get HUGE outdoors(of course also Panalawi), might be a real gem for high yielding gardens. Sorry to hear there are only a few seeds of this cross, hopefully one day you make it again for release. I think there's amazing potential and I'm not even flowering them yet :)

So the girls got a bit more lst and some minor defoliation, from how they grow I think the flip should be done at end of next week. Also the Shackzilla is coming up nicely.
Anyone could help with predicting the stretch of Panalawi? I have a slight fear she likes to stretch a lot.
More pics will come this weekend if I find some time.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Bro!I missed the start again!I just saw a post of you on the mighty thread;) and your new signature led me here.Great strains!I expect Panama x pck to be a real beauty!After I read your first post was gonna comment on topping-training ,but you were well ahead:)
Good luck my friend -can't vote on more threads for the day:biggrin:

Heya brother Syd!
No worries, the start is always a bit boring, you just came at the right time, good things are about to happen soon ;)

Cheers :tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
The plants are now under flowering schedule(11:45/12:15) for three days.
There is some evident stretch from both, the PCK X Panama vigour is still surprising and the topped plant is stretching very nicely, maybe more than expected.
I'm still undecided if there should be a net for scrogging them a bit or should I let them grow like bushes without support(maybe later in flower). Will decide after the weekend observation of further stretch.

PCK(green) X Panama Goddess, 3 days of 12/12
picture.php

Panalawi(Panama Goddess X Malawi Killer(new))
picture.php

Expecting preflowers on both within the next week. Exciting times ahead :)

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Sticky Sat

They look gorgeous and super healthy man ! :)
Thanks a lot for sharing their beauty with us, and a great week end to you too :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow.... beaaautiful plants and pictures! Love the opposed axis of symmetry between both! and how dof flows almost with the leaves fingers...

They give the feeling of truly peeking, I mean physically, into your grow, 3D, awesome! :tiphat:

Koondense said:
Expecting preflowers on both within the next week. Exciting times ahead

exciting times indeed!!! I think both are too gorgeous not to be girls :biggrin: :tiphat:

Malarky

Beautiful plants Bro, seen a few Malpalwi stretch indoors with two week from a well rooted 6 inch girl to 2mtres in 18 days, seriously worth making further choice as yield is crazy quality for the wait. Their is literally no trimming.

Peace.

Koondense

Veteran
A quick note,
today I limited them a bit with a net intended for scrog.
These monsters doubled their size in one week and they won't stop soon :)
Had to bend them a bit as my tent is not big enough for normally supported growth, they would completely overgrow it if lst was not applied.

I will take clones off both plants, these MUST get outdoors somewhere! The vigour is insane and I like it :)

Will also post a picture later or tomorrow.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Here's the situation.
Three days ago I moved PCK x Panama to the center because of her biggest stretch, there's a mostly blue light and I was thinking: oh, maybe it will reduce the stretch a bit.
Yeah, right :)

Three days ago
picture.php

I probably keep repeating myself but I was not expecting PCK x Panama to beat Panalawi's stretch so today when I came to see them I was kind of shocked to find the plants reaching high and almost touching the led lights.
I had in mind the question, net or no net...well there's only one answer which makes sense. Put a net and limit the vertical growth asap!

So the situation now is something like this, except they started growing upwards again.
Scrog net almost applied:
picture.php

They got pushed down a bit more than in this photo, so I expect a really even canopy on my next visit.

Gotta love the fast growth but better be prepared for it ;)

Cheers

P.S.
There's also a small Pangi clone just transplanted and added in the tent today ;) I love Pangi!