What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Appalachian Mud Squid

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I just heard of this strain today and was immediately intrigued. Being from the southeast and the Appalachian mountains in particular as well as being a huge fan of squidbillies you can imagine. I can't find too much information on it aside from it's availability in clone form around denver and that it is chem dawg crossed with an unknown. Does anybody on here have any experience with it or know anything about it at all? Thanks so much. :yes:

S

SooperSmurph

i'd imagine the strain name would indicate a cross with "BlueBerry" "Pre98/93 Bubba Kush" or another earthy indica that tends to be less sweet in crosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

izzybud

being from the southeast as well this does sound interesting. im running a ghs chemdog at the moment. i might have to talk to my friend in denver and see if he knows anything on it.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah I called the people at karmacueticals and all they could tell me was the chemdawg x unknown. Thanks for chiming in though. Chemdawg by bubba does sound pretty close though.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks hempe for pointing me in the right direction. Apparently Appalachia is Green Crack x Tres Dawg. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96711&highlight=green+crack

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176782&highlight=appalachia

That's got to be the same thing and somebody was probably stoned and got cute with the name. Apparently the breeder is a member of this site, H&L (High and Lonesome) - hope you don't mind me mentioning you. I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion about this either if you happen to see this. It makes sense to give it a squidbillies name since green crack was bred around athens, ga and the show takes place in fictional rural Georgia. :yes:

Picture from sog army
47057000_0077.jpg

Picture from funkfingers
picture.php

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I love Appalachia its some fire its sure is green crack x tresdawg H&L created a super star for sure love that girl wish i still had my the white x Appalachia was some epic frosty dank!!!!

H&L

It is likely a hybrid. A good amount of seeds went out there when I made Appalachia. So probably one of their x's or one of bodhi's renamed.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Well darn I thought I was on to something there. Jury is still out on this one then. Thanks for dropping in H&L. I guess the only thing to do is grab a cut and see what it's about. I already have some chemdawg so it would be easy to compare and contrast.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Found another dispensary in Denver carrying "Appalachia".

Appalachia

(Green Crack x Tres Dawg)

Appalachia is a creation from breeder “High and Lonesome” and combines the clone-only strain Green Crack with Top Dawg Seeds’ Tres Dawg, a Chem D backcross. The Green Crack controls the aroma and flavor side of things, resulting in a sweet, fresh, peach-dominant aroma with hints of overripe mango and a taste to match. The Chem influence seems to calm down the normally racy Green Crack and makes this a balanced and rather smoothly uplifting Sativa hybrid. It’s especially good for the morning , but really any time when energy and mood uplift are desired.

MtnLivin

TOPDAWG STRAIN LIST minus a few

1991 DUD = 1991 Chem(F) X Double Under Dawg(M)
Appalachia = Green Crack(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Black Nigerian = Black Haze(F) X JJ’s Nigerian(M)
CF Haze = Mango Haze(F) X White Hashplant(M)
Chem D/Afghani #1 = Chem D(F) X Sensi Afghani #1(M)
Coffee Kush = Bubba Kush(F) X White Hashplant(M)
D Haze = Chem D(F) X Flying Dutchman Original(M)
D King = Elvis(F) X Double Dawg(M)
Dawg Waltz = Purple Urkle(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Double Dawg = ChemD(F) X Chem D/Afghani #1(M)
Double Under Dawg (DUD) = Under Dawg(F) X Under Dawg #1(M)
Durban Nigerian = Durban(F) X JJ’s Nigerian(M)
Guava D = Guava(a Star Dawg pheno)(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
HPD = HP #1(F) X Double Dawg(M)
JJ’s Nigerian = Nigerian Silk(F) X Nigerian Silk x NL#5/Haze(M)
JJ’s Nigerian F1 = JJ’s Nigerian(F) crossed with JJ’s Nigerian(M)
JJ’s Mango = Mango Haze(F) X JJ’s Nigerian(M)
Nigerian Haze = JJ’s Nigerian(F) X Flying Dutchman Original Haze(M)
Nigerian Mist = Kali Mist(F) X JJ’s Nigerian(M)
Nigerian Silk x NL5/Haze = Nigerian Silk(F) X SensiSeedBank Northern Lights #5(M)
NYC Hashplant = Skelly’s Co HP(F) X HPD(M)
NYC HP13 = HP13(F) X HPD(M)
Original NYC Diesel = 1991 Chem(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
P Dawg = HP13(F) X Tres Dawg (M)
PD13 = HP13(F) X Star Dawg(M)
Pope Sativa = Chem D(F) X JJ’s Nigerian(M)
Purple Star Dawg = Purple Afghani(F) X Star Dawg(M)
Sour Dawg = Sour Diesel(F) X Double Dawg(M)
Star Dawg IX = Star Dawg(F) X Star Dawg(M)
Star Dawg = Chem 4(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Strawberry HP = KK’s Strawberry Cough(F) X White Hashplant(M)
Strawberry Nigerian = KK’s Strawberry Cough(F) X JJ’s Nigerian(M)
Super Star Dawg = Mass Super Skunk(F) X Star Dawg(M)
Tres Dawg = Chem D(F) X Double Dawg(M)
Tres Haze = Black Haze(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Tres Kush = Pure Kush(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Tre’s Sister =Chem Dawg Sister(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Tres Star Dawg (STD) = Star Dawg(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
White Dawg = The White(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Under Dawg = 1991 Chem(F) X Mass Super Skunk/Sensi Seed Bank Northern Lights(M)
Under Dawg #1 = Under Dawg(F) X Under Dawg/Sensi Seeds Super Skunk/Sensi Seeds Afghani #1(M)
Under Dawg/Super Skunk x Afghani #1 = Under Dawg/Sensi Seeds Super Skunk(F) X Sensi Seed Bank Afghani #1(M)
Under Dawg D = Double Under Dawg(DUD)(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
Under Dawg Super Skunk = Under Dawg(F) X Sensi Seed Bank Super Skunk(M)
White Dawg = The White(F) X Tres Dawg(M)
White Guava = ?????? crossed with Guava(Star Dawg pheno)(F)
White Hashplant = The White(F) X HPD(M)
White Hashplant BX = The White(F) X White Hashplant(M)
White Haze = The White(F) X Flying Dutchman Original Haze(M)
White Kush = Pure Kush(F) X White Hashplant(M)
White Star Dawg = ???????

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Then why does JJ from Topdawg say he created it?

Here's a quote from H&L from another thread where he is speaking about the strain appalachia, "Good report. Not a Top Dawg strain though, I bred it using a male I found from some Tres beans JJ gifted me. Glad they've gotten around in CO."

Maybe that's why it's on there because JJ's breeding stock had a hand in it. That's only my assumption though. Have you read this thread yet though man? You might have some other questions of yours answered if you read the two links to the "Appalachia" strain threads I posted on post #7.