Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why???

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2019, 05:41 AM #201
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHitDone View Post
Solid advice, do you have any recommended application rates for bleach and pool shock to keep the root zone healthy?
Super solid advice. In fact a fungal infection of the roots is exactly what the problem was/is. Pool shock(or anything else) didn't work for me but here's a calculator to make things simple for ya.: https://www.manicbotanix.com/calcula...ation-calc.php
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 11:09 PM #202
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyfespan View Post
H2O2 is all i have to say 50/50 for 3% stop messing around
So what product do you use to get that much H202? Switching to coco soon and I run a dead res 60 gallon hooked to a manifold in the test room. Also will probably return to aero cloning. 30 gallons seems like a lot to be running 24/7 and costly? Or is this the nuclear option?

Is it worth using beneficial fungicides when running high h202 like that? Would those be bad to run in a dead res?

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2019, 05:55 AM #203
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
Update:

So like I previously mentioned I ended up pitching ALL my previous plants(mothers, cuttings, everything) and moved forward with new seedlings after cleaning and disinfecting the shit out of my veg room and all the equipment. Can't lie it fuckin sucked lol.

Unfortunately though last week the rot started creeping back up again on the roots of the new plants. So what I ended up doing was I hauled out some water from the city(i used to live in) and did a res change with it. I am finally happy to report that 4 days later the roots have made a complete recovery and are now booming.

Turns out that the water source(town water) was my problem the entire time. Even after running it through r/o, getting the ppm down to 0, using a UV sterilizer light in my holding tank and adding 2-3ppm of pool shock twice a week, that still was not enough to prevent root rot. Good to finally know ffs lol.

Just wanted to share that update with everyone who has been keeping up with this thread and hopefully my bad experience can help others in the future that run into a similar situation. If moving from the city to the country and you get skunked with root rot, think water source first before fucking around with everything else like I did. Hopefully this advice can help save someone from all the BS I went through.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2019, 06:54 AM #204
JimMuscles

JimMuscles will become famous soon enoughJimMuscles will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Update:

So like I previously mentioned I ended up pitching ALL my previous plants(mothers, cuttings, everything) and moved forward with new seedlings after cleaning and disinfecting the shit out of my veg room and all the equipment. Can't lie it fuckin sucked lol.

Unfortunately though last week the rot started creeping back up again on the roots of the new plants. So what I ended up doing was I hauled out some water from the city(i used to live in) and did a res change with it. I am finally happy to report that 4 days later the roots have made a complete recovery and are now booming.

Turns out that the water source(town water) was my problem the entire time. Even after running it through r/o, getting the ppm down to 0, using a UV sterilizer light in my holding tank and adding 2-3ppm of pool shock twice a week, that still was not enough to prevent root rot. Good to finally know ffs lol.

Just wanted to share that update with everyone who has been keeping up with this thread and hopefully my bad experience can help others in the future that run into a similar situation. If moving from the city to the country and you get skunked with root rot, think water source first before fucking around with everything else like I did. Hopefully this advice can help save someone from all the BS I went through.

What in the fuck is in that water lmao??? Holy shit. Dont drink it lol?
JimMuscles is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:03 AM #205
Rabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMuscles View Post
What in the fuck is in that water lmao??? Holy shit. Dont drink it lol?
Lol I know, fuck I have been drinking it and feeding it to my dogs as well. I even took it in somewhere, had it tested and they said it was all good. However my plants say something else.

Anyway won't be drinking or feeding to my dogs anymore. Good thing I grow because I would of never known otherwise.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2019, 08:40 PM #206
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Monterrey makes a version of this product as well. Its supposed to treat a whole slew of fungus issues including pyth and is cheap. Has anyone used either one? A systemic safe for herbs and veggies sounds nice. Lots of good reviews. I started looking for alternatives since all the other fungicides I was finding are expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heres pdf for the monterrey version.

https://www.montereylawngarden.com/do...%2023%2015.pdf

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:15 AM #207
Rabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
Monterrey makes a version of this product as well. Its supposed to treat a whole slew of fungus issues including pyth and is cheap. Has anyone used either one? A systemic safe for herbs and veggies sounds nice. Lots of good reviews. I started looking for alternatives since all the other fungicides I was finding are expensive.

https://www.montereylawngarden.com/d...%2023%2015.pdf
If you try it let us know how it works out. Ya fungicides are hella expensive usually.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 05-10-2019, 06:36 AM #208
40AmpstoFreedom

I will try it in coco as a preventive. I don't see any reason so far not to.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:59 PM #209
OneHitDone

OneHitDone will become famous soon enoughOneHitDone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post

https://www.montereylawngarden.com/d...%2023%2015.pdf
Plant Doctor is amazing stuff. I have used it on greenhouse tomatoes and other veggies to fight pm and other issues.
It makes growing tomatoes outdoors at my location which is otherwise damn near impossible possible.
Works wonders on cannabis too for emergency treatment situations without causing harm to the plants like so many other products out there seem to do.
Zero setback
OneHitDone is offline Quote