What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advice for a new light

Hi Greenshot! Our Penetrator LED grow lights were named after the lensing technology we use and how well it enhances light penetration (intensity over distance). We have been producing grow lights since 2009 and have a full 120 day trial period on all of our models with a 100% money back guarantee for ICMag members.

We presently have a few promotions going on that might interest you, which you can find via the links in my signature. We are giving away 3 lights, just launched a new tester program, and have a 25% off for life offer for early adopters (while we aren't new, we haven't been here in several years).

Our lights consistently outperform MH and HPS, and have since 2010 when our first independent side-by-sides were launched here on ICMag (links in my sig).

For most gardens I recommend using multiple smaller panels to distribute light more evenly opposed to one large panel (like (4) 84X instead of a 336X). It also gives you more versatility in how you can use them or switch them around to other areas in your garden. If interested, drop me a line any time :)

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I remember correctly (and if I'm wrong someone please correct me), COB's penetrate about 12" into the canopy. Quantum Boards even less. They both require an amount of plant training.

If you're growing Au Natural, you might be better off going with Ceramic Metal Halide. I believe it penetrates deeper into the canopy quite a bit.

Or maybe a combination of the two. LED for supplemental/side lighting and CMH as a main source.

That'd give you a pretty broad spectrum of light.

This is what I plan to do in my next flower room. 2 315s on a light mover and an additional 1200 watts of COB illuminating the whole grow.