What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor guerilla plots

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Things are going really good blackone :smile:
Keep posting pics
Luckyli I dont have any snailproblems this year...

P :smoke:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks Paddi - yeah I'll keep on posting. In the weekend I'll probably put out some more of Esbe's crosses.
Visited the spot yesterday and the slug pellets are definitely doing their job - I see dead slugs all over the place now.
Last night when going into the forest in the very early morning (3 AM) I heard some noise in the undergrowth so I froze so the animal wouldn't get startled.
Slowly it started moving its way towards me and finally a badger came out from the vegetation only 5-10 meters from where I was standing - Its really a funny animal to watch - sniffling very loudly as it's using it's nose as a guide.
5 minutes later I was startled when I heard something barking... Damn - they brought dogs... I thought at first but then noticed how hoarse the barking sounded, and then it turned into more of a howling sound - a fox :) Soon numerous foxes were replying throughout the forest - I believe the first fox was barking because it heard me. Barking isn't really the correct word though - it starts out like a bark but then turns into a really weird howl-like sound like something from a horror movie.

C

cellardweller

isn't a good scare in the woods great?
yesterday when I was puttin em to dirt, there was an extrememly loud "ba-boom" off in the distance and to my right kinda. I hit the deck thinking i was about to taste rocksalt or even worse, lead. Then a moment later I hear what can only be shrapnel from an 18 wheeler's tire hitting the bottom of it's trailer about 1/2-3/4 mile off to my left and I realized what it was.
what a rush..I had to call a friend and share my heart attack..

blackone

Veteran
Yeah a good scare is healthy I bet:)
When I was a young kid I was pretty afraid of the dark - had to sleep with the lights on etc. and I must admit I can sometimes still feel a little chill when going out into the woods alone at nighttime.
For some reason this chill is totally absent when I'm going out to do my "job".. probably since I have something real to worry about :)

I am a man who walks alone
And when Im walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when its dark

I just love this song:)

Kaneh

I got the scares also in the forest today!
...And the worst kind, HUMAN!!!

I planted seedlings to one spot and was really nervous and doing it fast.
So when I got to second spot, I decided to chill out and take it more easy.

...So here I am, enjoying myself, doing some gardening in this beautyfull spot.
I'm halfway done, when I stand up and see somebody sneaking away from me, maybe 20 meters away!

I follow him carefully, just to see what he's upto. he's going to his car that I can see now between the trees. I still have couple plants to do, I put them quickly to the ground and run for my car (which is opposite direction than his car). And get the fuck out of there as fast as I can.

Now I'm drinking coffee back home and watching to the street to see if cops come! LOL
I'm 100% sure the guy saw what I was doing, lucky my car was different direction than his, so he probably didn't see my plates.
I'm keeping fingers crossed and hoping that I don't get unwanted visitors...

I did stupid mistakes just because I was being lazy hippy, lesson learned!

Please stay safe people!!!

blackone

Veteran
Ouch, I hope you're being careful there... please do yourself a favor and try to see if your local LEO is known to be extremely tough on guerilla growing - do they use choppers, game cameras etc...

Pyrosin

blackone you should def get those farther apart the roots will be fighting for nutes... get them farther apart and loosen up soil as wide as you can, the wider the plot the bigger the plants. kaneh, move your plants! somebody saw you could mean two things: they are a rat or they are a ripper.

Kaneh

Ouch, I hope you're being careful there... please do yourself a favor and try to see if your local LEO is known to be extremely tough on guerilla growing - do they use choppers, game cameras etc...

Yeah, I' more carefull now!!!
I'm gonna minimize the risks now on...

Outdoor growing is not common here, so there's no choppers or anything like that.
If there's cameras, it would be the landowner, But they WILL report to cops.

MJ is not really tolerated here, normal people are scared of it...

Man, I just had REALLY bad luck, still have the chills...
...But I'm sure the guy who saw me was even more scared than I was. HE probably thought I'm some criminal and would shoot him. LOL

blackone

Veteran
blackone you should def get those farther apart the roots will be fighting for nutes... get them farther apart and loosen up soil as wide as you can, the wider the plot the bigger the plants. kaneh, move your plants! somebody saw you could mean two things: they are a rat or they are a ripper.

Some of the little ones will be males and some might not make it - also I'm out a little bit late so I'll keep them where they are and see how it works. Thanks for the advice though.

If the larger ones really take off then I'll be using sideshoots for clones to put out in early July.

blackone

Veteran
Well... I still don't know how well the deer likes my little ones... we have a LOT of deer (And any forest with a good deer population is also crawling with borrelia-infested ticks - I'm removing those bastards from my skin every day)

But yeah all in all I'm pretty lucky - can't grow the late finishers in my country - lots of early strains to pick from to compensate - water isn't a problem unless it's too much - no bears, no choppers, etc. etc.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks man.
I got myself a real spade last day instead of my POS trifold...
A Fiskars Ergonomic spade that feels really great and looks pretty sturdy:
http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/s...ategoryId=10880&productId=11253&page=products

I probably still have to be careful not to use too much leverage as I've broken garden spades before.

The only bad thing is that it's absolutely NOT very stealthy... I have to drive to the forest at nighttime in advance and load off the shovel, then go and find it before going to my plots. But I'm sure digging will be so much faster. Next year I might just buy a spade for each plot location and bring them out in the spring... it's not that expensive.

Peksman

Great thread man.:yes: I am only having problems with leafminers this year, so I won´t even call it a problem. Hope everything works fine 4 u.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks. I'll probably get more pics done this weekend - have to dig a few more plots too and get some plants out in the wild. I'm also very excited to revisit the plot that already has plants - it's been 5 or 6 days and I think they must have grown some, even though the weather has been pretty rough.

Kinda having second thoughts about the plot I dug earlier but didn't put plants out in yet - not sure how secure it is - but I'll check it out again and make up my mind whether or not I'll be using it.

blackone

Veteran
I went back to look at them friday night but sadly my cellphone was out of batteries. When harvest is getting closer I might borrow my gf's camera to get some quality shots out there.
The little ones hadn't grown much - probably because of the cold and wet weather and probably also because they were short on direct light. An additional cause must be transplanting directly from the trays I germed them in - inevitably some roots were damaged doing so.
This was part of the reason why I didn't get any plants out this weekend - I want to see them established in cups before I bring them out this time.
Slugs had eaten 2 or 3 of the small plants. 1 of the incidents was attributable to me not taking enough care placing the snail-guards - there was a lump of soil allowing the bastards to just climb right in.

The larger plants have definitely grown some but no explosive growth in any way. It's been 3 days since I last visited them so if I manage to get out there today and take a look at them I hope to see better growth.

Inside the many small plants getting ready for my outdoor plots are killing me... I've got transplant to do for my next indoor grow but am out of space so tonight I have to hook up my old vegging chamber (60*60cm area, 100+ watts of assorted flouros) to make sure I have enough space. Need to scout more locations for outdoor as I'm not 100% happy with the ones I already have in mind- all of this should have been done a lot earlier but at least this years work should make things a LOT easier for next year.

My previous guerilla grows have been half-assed and pretty much complete failures - I'll inevitably run into problems again but I feel confident that I'll at least have a harvest this time.

blackone

Veteran
I went out to check on my first spot. It was too dark so only shot a single pic of a new enemy I found - a damn mole chose to dig under my plant, pushing it over. I can't really complain though - whereever there is nice soil there are also earthworms - and where there are earthworms there are moles:
picture.php

Anyway the little ones have hardly grown, while the large plants have grown a bit. Total loss to slugs so far: 3/15 plants down - not counting the one the mole attacked because it'll probably survive.

The plants that are now taking over my vegging chamber - this picture is actually 5 days old and these babies are now quite a bit bigger - most are working on their third set of real leaves:
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Last day I germed around 100 seeds of an unknown cross from sagaseeds. Later I was told they were a cross between an unknown great outdoor strain and Freja - promising genetics.
Only 2-3 seeds didn't germ so these were pretty well made.
Hoping to get them out around the end of July for some late season minis.

Seeing how the slugs have totally left my larger plants alone although they're crawling in huge numbers is actually making me rethink next years strategy. Perhaps I'll upgrade my indoor vegging space and do more large plants next year.

Latest posts

Latest posts