What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield?

XLNordic

?? As a farmer I can tell ya that we mostly all we spread cow shit all year long then some fertilizer at planting time. We all so spray roundup witch sucks! We farmer’s have all ways have had a war on weeds. So if ya plant in corn wait till they spray then wait 3 or 4 weeks for the roundup to work on the weeds then plant.
Ps if you see weeds do a farmer a favor kill’em.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/business/energy-environment/04weed.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

In my area the growers pay the farmers for the use of the fields . They send someone over with $10,000 to 20,000 cash to turn a blind eye .:tiphat:it all works out:ying:
Ive got the same idea but then i need a shit load of seeds first
So for season 2024 i hope to be able to "rent" a space in the corn.
That way i hope to be able to cut a deal with the farmer not to spray in that area, so i can plant out earlier, save space at home for pre grow and maximize harvest 😉🤗😎

XLNordic

Warming up slowly for the season '23 outdoor and indoor
Danish landraces for the corn and then my plan is to also bring some indoor plants out there in big pots for some potent crosses and then take them back home later when the corn season ends and finish them in greenhouse.

IMG_20230330_223443.jpg
IMG_20230330_223433.jpg
IMG_20230330_223421.jpg
IMG_20230330_223616.jpg
IMG_20230330_205521.jpg
IMG_20230330_205446.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230330_223438.jpg
    IMG_20230330_223438.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30

St. Phatty

Purple Trainwreck.

It grows short with lots of solid buds.

Thinking you don't want a Sativa growing taller than the corn.

That would be like having a flag saying "I'm growing pot in your cornfield."

Hasselhoff1337

Warming up slowly for the season '23 outdoor and indoor
Danish landraces for the corn and then my plan is to also bring some indoor plants out there in big pots for some potent crosses and then take them back home later when the corn season ends and finish them in greenhouse.

View attachment 18825466 View attachment 18825473
Hi neighour! Good luck with your grows :).

Are you gonna try to cross any of the autos with the photos? Would love to see auto versions of those old danish strains. I get that people dont wanna make em auto since they get bigger as photos and still finish but imagine having the hardiness of the Danes and mix that with top notch autos like Mephisto genetics or other cali shit. Impossible? Maybe idk, but dont think so!

Frogger

Purple Trainwreck.

It grows short with lots of solid buds.

Thinking you don't want a Sativa growing taller than the corn.

That would be like having a flag saying "I'm growing pot in your cornfield."
Save the tall plants for the hedgerows between the fields we strip all side limbs below six feet. Makes it harder to see and deer don’t seem to mess with them. Protect as they grow and after they are over your head your good

XLNordic

Hi neighour! Good luck with your grows :).

Are you gonna try to cross any of the autos with the photos? Would love to see auto versions of those old danish strains. I get that people dont wanna make em auto since they get bigger as photos and still finish but imagine having the hardiness of the Danes and mix that with top notch autos like Mephisto genetics or other cali shit. Impossible? Maybe idk, but dont think so!
I see no reason crossing the early Danish genetics with autos as they are already very early and some of them even in the area of semi autos.
But i plan to make new seeds of the danish IBL strains as it seems many of the old danish outdoor growers has stopped growing and seed stocks in Danish sedbanks of the IBLs are running low or out.
But i also plan to cross the danish genetics into indoor strains as Chemdog, Gorilla Glue, GSC, Cheese, Copenhagen Kush ( 30% thc cupwinner) Columbian Jack and others.
Which and how many depends on how many i can succesfully clone and pregrow before the danish outdoor genetics starts to flower.
The plan is to root indoor fem strains and force them into flower and then transport them out into the cornfields to have them pollinated there and then bring them home later when seeds start forming.
I already have plans for crosses at home and in the greenhouse so i cant risk cross pollination by bringing yet other pollen home.
At home im going to use an auto cheese male for various crosses and then later select autos and Fast Flowering crosses from the produced seeds.
One of the goals is to, hopefully, produce a good semi auto male keeper for future breeding of FF strains/crosses.
One that can be keept at 24-22 hours of light but immidiatly starts to flower in anything less than 21-20 hours of daylight

Last edited:

XLNordic

Save the tall plants for the hedgerows between the fields we strip all side limbs below six feet. Makes it harder to see and deer don’t seem to mess with them. Protect as they grow and after they are over your head your good
In my country most corn are cattle feed.
Its harvested late and gets very tałl ( around 2,5 meters/8 feet) .
My biggest problem atm is that ive moved to a part of the country where the mostly grow beets as cattle feed instead of corn.
I prefer to grow in corn as theres no treats from animals or humans, as long as the strains finish before end September

Latest posts

Latest posts