What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats a frigging brilliant little grow. plants look quite happy and well trained. the mites can't do much harm in these last 2 or 3 weeks, cutting infested branches out will just make the mites infest other parts. once you have them it's best to just spray with neem, lavender what ever. i noticed that they will often stay on one strain or pheno and leave the rest alone. but if you take their favorite out they will concentrate on the next ones. you should set up a plate with some eucalyptus oil in it and place it near the plants, they frigging hate that shit and will not be as comfortable reproducing away.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thats a frigging brilliant little grow. plants look quite happy and well trained. the mites can't do much harm in these last 2 or 3 weeks, cutting infested branches out will just make the mites infest other parts. once you have them it's best to just spray with neem, lavender what ever. i noticed that they will often stay on one strain or pheno and leave the rest alone. but if you take their favorite out they will concentrate on the next ones. you should set up a plate with some eucalyptus oil in it and place it near the plants, they frigging hate that shit and will not be as comfortable reproducing away.

Thanks GM! glad you stopped by.

yea i think you're right about cutting out the branches not really helping. i just couldn't stand to look at it anymore.

also 3 of the 4 plants in the cab are identical, made from cuts of the same mother, so i knew if one started getting affected the rest would follow quickly. monoculture is not something i'm a fan of.

getting back on my lavender regimen seems to have halted their activities. the stuff really works.

i like the eucalyptus idea. i have a ton of trees around my area, do you think i could mulch with their leaves to a similar effect? i wonder if they are allopathic...

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
it's been so f'n hot!!

my tips are all burning from the heat.

the girls seem to be surviving though...

picture.php

K

Krshna

Im lovin the cab heady! It makes me want to build little cabnets of weed all over my house! I think Im going to follow suit here and start to trim back some of my jungle... theres only so much tucking I can do, and they always seem to untuck themselves when Im not looking! Keep up the good work, how long do your strains flower for?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Wow man, looks like they're blowing the fuck up. The swell's done you good.

thanks 007! yea this is the best part :D

Im lovin the cab heady! It makes me want to build little cabnets of weed all over my house! I think Im going to follow suit here and start to trim back some of my jungle... theres only so much tucking I can do, and they always seem to untuck themselves when Im not looking! Keep up the good work, how long do your strains flower for?

thanks for stoppin in K!

a house filled with cabs like this sounds like a good dream to me :D

i thought we were gonna be wild and untamed buddies! all these hydro guys probably expect it from us anyway haha :D

it doesn't seem to make much of a dent when i take off the older leaves. new ones grow back just as fast!

one weird thing i'm noticing is a sort of necrosis on the thinnest, popcorniest bud shoots coming from the base of the plant. i'm pretty sure it's because they are totally shaded out, so they plant is transporting any usable material to more actively growing areas (the buds hopefully). it's like it prunes itself!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
updates!

the buds are gettin heavy! i had to think quick so i cut out the remaining screen from my scrog frame and used it as a quick support system. it also keeps the branches by the door tucked in so they don't get their leaves caught in the jam.

picture.php

here you can see my handy work with my velcro strips ftw. also: yum :D

picture.php

also i took out the roof in my veg cab and refit the fluorescent lamps so they stay put (turns out velcro doesn't stick very well to masonite).

the babies are for a late season outdoor run i'm going to give a shot at. real land to plant in! and it's all fully legal :jump: gotta love cali :D

i planted four seeds from each of my packs:

mandala:
-beyond the brain
-8 miles high
-satori
-ganesh
-hashberry

DGS:
-dieserella
-OGer 99

also i have 12 cuts from my lovely widow that are rooting :D

picture.php

wish me luck!

S

Secretweapon

i wish you lots of luck!

Looks so dank I'm drooling.

cab is sick!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
no i didn't do it lol. that's just how the ceiling is in my apartment. i did give it a two coats of primer and another two of flat white to seal it up just in case it's made of asbestos....

Now I'm confused. How can you see the ceiling of your apartment from inside the cab?

I'm talking about this pic here.

picture.php

silver hawaiian

Veteran
My guess is the cabinet was there when he moved in, and it's built up to the ceiling itself. (Instead of having it's own "roof.")

AmIrightamIright?

:)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
My guess is the cabinet was there when he moved in, and it's built up to the ceiling itself. (Instead of having it's own "roof.")

AmIrightamIright?

:)

yes sir! my bedroom is 11'x12'x8'. the closet runs along the entire 11' wall and is 22.5" deep. the bottom 6' has folding doors and that's where the clothes live like any normal closet. the top 22.5 inches, spanning the entire 11' closet, is a storage cabinet. that's what i'm growing in.

the whole garden lives above my head, and i'm pretty tall :D

here's a shot from before i built it out:
picture.php

this pic gives a little perspective:

Oh I see now. I thought that it was a stand along cabinet. Didn't realize it was built into the room, so to speak. Thanks for clearing that up.

Eol

just don't tell my landlord :D

:laughing: haha, is he not going to be seriously pissed off though when he finds you've drilled holes through his cupboard?!

Also, isn't noise a concern seeing as it's in your bedroom? An 8" can fan must make a fair racket!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
:laughing: haha, is he not going to be seriously pissed off though when he finds you've drilled holes through his cupboard?!

hehe.. welll.. i saved all the plugs i cut out :D

i figured i'd just wood putty them back in and paint over it before i move out.. :artist:

Also, isn't noise a concern seeing as it's in your bedroom? An 8" can fan must make a fair racket!

actually it's not too loud. i think the filter muffles it a bit.

at least, it's not louder than the highway or the train tracks across the street.

that plus the box fan i keep running in my bedroom window drowns out the closet completely.

hazydreams

heady-

:good:

ive been lurking this thread for a while thinking of a way to build a stealth vertical 150 MH DTW coco cab for my mom/clone room. i still have yet to find "the perfect" cab for my build but all the other parts are waiting.

keep up the good work man. you have given me several ideas ill incorporate into my design. imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery.

keep it green

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
heady-

:good:

ive been lurking this thread for a while thinking of a way to build a stealth vertical 150 MH DTW coco cab for my mom/clone room. i still have yet to find "the perfect" cab for my build but all the other parts are waiting.

hazyd! thanks for checkin in.

your plan sounds cool! you've got to start a thread for that - i'd love to follow along.

one thing i've noticed: vegging w/ vert lighting encourages side branching (good for moms?).