What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do i have Powdery Mildew?

I'm not sure if i have powdery mildew or not. i first recognized some white spots on some bottom leaves a month ago. When i checked my plant today it spread a little to the middle. But the white spots don't look very spotty like some pics i saw. just some big spots of white on a few of the big fan leaves. i also saw some puffy white cotton ball like stuff on the bottom of one leaf. What does my plant have? is this normal and will my plant be ok? its just about to go into flowering. sry i coulnd't get pics.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Sure sounds like it to me - there several hundred pathogenic fungi group in the laymen's term 'Powdery Mildew' - meaning that there are several physical expressions depending on the fungi strain

M

moodster

sounds like pm m8 eagle 20 will kill it after one application

You need proper ventilation. You could start foliar spraying with some home made TEAS. The organism's in the tea will kill of the Powder mildew and help to keep it from coming back. Or you could use that Eagle20 but I would try something less toxic first. But you should fix the problem of whats creating the problem. and 9 times out of 10 its because improper ventilation.

moondawg

It sounds like Downy mildew to me monsterhitz. Downy mildew is much whiter and thicker/heavier than Pm and downy mildew is harmless really.

When you see the white, almost opaque appearance of Pm in the field, the fungus is in its final stages and is "flowering" so to speak. The opaque whiteness are spores being released. By the time you see white with pm, the plant is very sick and has numerous yellow leaves. The disease has been in the plant for several weeks and is systemic in nature. Powdery mildew is incurable. It is easily preventable but practically impossible to cure once contracted.. The chemical in Eagle 20 or Immunox will control the disease hopefully to the extent that it doesnt hurt the plant to badly, (not always)but it will still have the disease until the weather turns cool enough that the fungus dies.

I wouldnt use Eagle 20. Its far far too strong a concentration of chemical to apply to cannabis and even though when smoked you cant feel the effects of it, its in the plant tissue. Immunox is the same chemical but in a far safer dosage for cannabis and kills pm on contact. Its sold in many home improvement and garden stores as Spectracide Immunox all purpose fungicide. Its perscribed for vegetables and is in a dosage thats safe. Eagle 20 is for commercial applications and is not safe for cannabis. You will be smoking the chemical if you use Eagle 20. You just wont know it..

But as i say, youre describing Downy mildew. If the plants arent also sick, its Downy. Google and read about it.

Yea i saw some pics of downy mildew and it looks more like what my plant has. Thanks Moondawg! So it will be ok to just let the plant grow out and smoking downy mildew buds is ok?

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I´m with moondwag.
Downy mildew and please stay off Eagle 20, that shit is nasty.