What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil clones to coco?

BlueBear

I have not had tremendous success cloning into coco, particularly in the GH coco and I find that I have great success with soil and am wondering if this defeats the purpose of growing in coco? At this point I find that if I clone into soil and then rinse off the dirt surrounding the root ball once rooted and then place into coco the plants do just find, but I would like to know if some find this to be counter productive for a coco grow and if it will affect yields//..
Adieu

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
no it will not effect yields, but coco actually works quite well for cloning in to. but it would be easier to start the clones in RW cubes if you are planning to grow in coco and don't want to clone with coco.

you don't have to bother washing the roots before you switch to coco, just plant the earth plug in the coco and the roots will soon adjust with the least stress put on them.a

BlueBear

Thanks for your feed back, your doing a good job around here so far.
I do the RW as well, but to be honest the dirt rooted clones take a little longer but just seem to be more robust IMO.
Adieu

BlueBear

I am wondering if I am having problems with the coco because of it being the GH cocotech which is a lower grade coco IMO, but it is what my local carries and is quicker than ordering for me and has other conveiences as well.
Adieu

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
do you give it a good flush when you start out? some coco is very salty and needs to be flushed out when you first water it.

Latest posts

Latest posts