What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I re-use coco from hermies?

Guerreiroweed

really don't know whether this question is stupid or not, I have about 40l of coco from hermies, yes my seeds sucked...
Can I re-use it without risk of messing with my next crop? I cant find the pond enzymes you guys speak of inn here, I live in Brazil

troutman

Seed Whore
If you can, do try to mix it 50/50 with new grow medium.

This will dilute any nutrients present in your existing soil without having to flush it, etc.

Good Luck. :tiphat:

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it so expensive in Brazil that you need to? I would throw it out and use fresh if I could but needs must and all that.
Wish you luck with it.
Regards,
Iffy

Dankdude

A figment of your imagination
Mentor
Flush it out and reuse it, your growing medium rarely if ever are responsible for hermaphroditic tenancies in cannabis plants.
Look for light leaks in your grow space.

Now in "hardcore sativas" such as Thai, and landrace sativas can be prone to hermaphrotism. To correct this, slowly dial back your light schedule by 1 hour every 3 days until you reach the 12/12 light schedule.

clearheaded

I imagine was bag see used?? perhaps of soem outdoor brazilian? which def could be a "hardcore"sativa and likely the cause of the intersex traits.

It is likely more seeds. I am not sure of the quality of your coir? was it designed for plants ie rinsed? or an animal bedding product or the like in brazil? MAY of added to some stress, but ya ur right more so ur seeds i would imagine. You can always run a test using a different medium for 1 or 2 pots, but ya could be a light leak or brown/black outs or if attempting to grow outdoors street lights or planting at wrong time of year esp if in southern brazil if days got shorter then longer again.which may be as its very early spring there and stressed them enough to express intersex. anyway many assumptions so more info u share the better.

al70

Veteran
i don't bother reusing the coco, too many dead roots attract bugs, i hate bugs, goodluck.

clearheaded

i don't bother reusing the coco, too many dead roots attract bugs, i hate bugs, goodluck.

what about no till... lol . anyway coco lasts way longer then peat based mixes. u def should get a little pond enzymes and reuse man better for enviro and save bucks.