What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your Pearly Whites!

GastroGrower

These roots got a little battered in the past week or two when they dried out a few times. Otherwise looking very happy at the end of harvest :)

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
So nice to see all these awesome root shots!

Here's a super rootbound Pure Afghan for yuh. Just took this shot today.
picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Air layered clone just cut from mother. Cloned in straight coco. This plant was 26 inches tall from the top of the roots when cut free from the mother. This is 15 days from the start of cloning.

justiceman

Veteran
Loving all these root shots so much!!!

Air layered clone just cut from mother. Cloned in straight coco. This plant was 26 inches tall from the top of the roots when cut free from the mother. This is 15 days from the start of cloning.

View Image

View Image

Very nice job man! That is amazing.:tiphat:

----------------------------------------------------------------

My longest solo experiment ends today. Kept this girl in here for almost 15 weeks.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

stizzle

My longest solo experiment ends today. Kept this girl in here for almost 15 weeks.

Wow, where does the coco go? Does it get compressed in the roots or consumed in some way?

Here is a cutting taken 2 weeks ago, 1 week ago showed roots

Sm7zK99.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
15 weeks:yoinks:

You must have been feeding non stop to keep those roots moist.
Minimum 2x a day. It was a mission hahaha.

Wow, where does the coco go? Does it get compressed in the roots or consumed in some way?

Here is a cutting taken 2 weeks ago, 1 week ago showed roots

View Image
Very nice cut. Her roots are peeeeeaaarly.

I don't even know man it's like the coco dissipated into another dimension. The roots literally willed the coco out of existence. :laughing:
:yeahthats

Where did the coco go!
The roots were apparently very very hungry.

Alright Got a couple more for you! This one's Deep Purple and she actually lets you see a few peeks of coco in the middle hehe. I don't remember how long she's been in here exactly. I'm thinking about 12ish weeks.
picture.php
picture.php

Applesauce

Good roots. All I use is chlorine. I found issues in using RO without adding it. Roots stay nice and growing without additives by properly dosing chlorine.

Baloni

Minimum 2x a day. It was a mission hahaha.

Very nice cut. Her roots are peeeeeaaarly.

I don't even know man it's like the coco dissipated into another dimension. The roots literally willed the coco out of existence. :laughing:

The roots were apparently very very hungry.

Alright Got a couple more for you! This one's Deep Purple and she actually lets you see a few peeks of coco in the middle hehe. I don't remember how long she's been in here exactly. I'm thinking about 12ish weeks.
View Image View Image
Well I think this is possible only with some chlorine in water or bleach or chrodire, H2O2 or something sterilize product.

justiceman

Veteran
Good roots. All I use is chlorine. I found issues in using RO without adding it. Roots stay nice and growing without additives by properly dosing chlorine.
Right on! That is an interesting concept. I suppose I do the same thing by mixing my tap with RO although I never thought about it in that sense. My aim was to increase the amount of bicarbonates so my pH would be a bit more stable.

Well I think this is possible only with some chlorine in water or bleach or chrodire, H2O2 or something sterilize product.
I don't add chlorine, bleach, h202 or any kind of sterilizer but I mix my Reverse Osmosis water with tap water to .2EC or 100ppm. It's about a 50/50 mix so whatever amount of chlorine is in my tap water at 50% is what I get. The only products I use are Veg+bloom(1part base nutrient powder) and +Life(microbial inoculant). That's it.

Got another one from a much younger plant. She's gonna be my mamma!
picture.php

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
What is in your water justiceman its like super water!
I wanna try your method but im worried sometimes my pots are still heavy after 3 days of just being watered.

Have you done this method with flood drain / ebb and flow or is this strictly hand watering from the top?