What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turning an ounce into bubble hash...Yield???

ddd

Hi. I'm wondering what the average yield of bubble hash (in grams) would be from an ounce (28g) of good bud (Lifesaver and DSD)?

Any guesses?

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
classy has it right. it may range depending on a few factors.

TheHashAssassin

wow thats alot guys, i would have expected more like 1.5 - 2 g's of hash if its through the water extraction method. dry sifting tho I could see that.

I

igrohydro

50 grams of frosty trim looks like this,I got about 7 grams 1st run.
All the best with it!

Attachments

• new2 063.jpg
    new2 063.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 180

ddd

Thanks for the answers! I would have expected a little more, but I guess there's some to be lost in the process.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
normally u don't do a bubbel hash run with buds......u will loose sooo mutch

normally buds are to tight to wash out all trichnoms...and if u break it up, the trimms will break , too
and its not possible to remove them from the water(now the are too small)

really

just save the water sit for 2 days and pour out the top either with a turky baster or spoon so you wolnt loose anything but the dry sift is just as nice and doesent loose any oil in the water that wolnt be retrieved

Santa Cruz Mtns

you can bho buds and trim after running through bubblebags ;)

edit@ you must dry it out 1st of course

Wow, that is a great idea! Do you really get much more out of it though after running it through the bags? I'm surprised I've never heard of anyone trying this before. I'm making a batch of bubble probably tonight or tomorrow night... So I guess this time I'll hang on to the mash and dry it out to give it a try. I'll give an update in a week or so (depending on drying time of course) to let you know how it all turned out. Thanks for the clever idea!

NEGT1

I wouldn't bubble a nug run if I was going to blast it. You're just losing quality through the middle man process (being bubble bags).

If it was low quality trim, or a third run of nug from bubble then I understand why there is a need to make it into bubble before bho. Generally if it's a good starting product in the bud you should just either blast it, or bubble it. Nothing more than preference. But don't bubble it if you want bho.

Yield is so dependent upon the terpene and cannabinoid profile.

ple1ades

I got 5 percent from bubble I will never do it again I have a dry sifter that I feel does a far better job plus the product is better. I do not understand all these people that make edibles from Bubble. I make ours from dry sift way easier to use and easier to control dose.

mack 10

Veteran
bubble bags are one of many tools in the hash makers "toolbox"

Now a days i keep the prime buds as is.
sugar trim/popcorn goes though dry sift first.
then either bubble/bho the rest..
even both if your material is good enough.

Depends on the material and situation.

b3fr33

It's a bit of a waste using primo buds, but it does produce high quality resin. I've tried it using an ounce and got about 2 grams of decent hash from it.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I use a funnel with a 74u screen, I grow micro and just last
week ice watered some old thunk buds for the first time.

Got a good half gram plus, so nice. All gone.

I will start saving all my sugar trim to freeze for bubble, I
understand trim is really the best yield. I used to just toss it.

Won't use buds to make hash anymore. Return is not optimal.

Turns out I really like smoking hash.

Cool.

Latest posts

Latest posts