What's new

DE 9k room rebuild.

organixx325

Hey guys. So I have finally decided to give coco a try. normally I would grow about 30 large plants in organic amended soil under 9k DE HPS , watered by hand but its getting to the point where it is becoming too much labor, its tough getting home from work at 9PM and having to go water for an hour.

So since im switching to coco I am giving my room a full rebuild. I took everything out of the room except for the lighting and cooling. generally I just need to get the room cleaned up, build 4 foot wide tables, and I also Found some black mold behind the panda plastic i had hanging on the wall due to a leak in the roof so that will have to be repaired as well. PICS BELOW

TO DO LIST:
Replace drywall
paint walls white(no more layers of plastic)
build tables
setup auto DTW drip system

As far as the plants go... I have some seeds that will be here monday.
Blue Dream x20
Fire OG x10
OG Kush x10
Skywalker OG x10
other than that I have GG4 clones that Ive been running for a while now.

I plan to keep this post updated as I move forward so feel free to post any advice or questions. Thanks.

PICS OF ROOM CURRENTLY:

username474

If you are having serious mold issues in there check out using rigid foam board for a vapor barrier and get some killz white paint.

Also, check out the no till revisited thread on GC, couple that with blue mats if you want a zero labor setup. It will give you too much free time.

organixx325

The mold isnt too bad. only on one wall where the moisture was trapped between the plastic and the wall. nothing behind the wall which is nice. The Killz white paint is what I plan on using and leaving the walls painted no more plastic. As for the blumats and no till, I would still be transplanting over 600 gal of soil. I live in an apartment in the city so space also becomes an issue when storing/mixing soil. anyway you put it working with soil is alot of work. The other part that I cant ignore is the yields I see people pulling in smaller spaces than mine when growing with coco. Growing Organic I do get the highest quality but I do sacrifice a substantial amount of yield and when it comes down to it people dont seem to appreciate the fact that it is organic.

organixx325

smoke break and then back to it. Hanging sheetrock right now and building 4ft wide tables.

Will post pics of the tables ASAP so you can get an idea of the new layout.

organixx325

If you look at my fans on the wall you can see how messy it is mixing up soil. If the soil is dry it just creates a layer of dirt on everything. one of the things im hoping to avoid with Coco. I do take the fans apart and rinse them down every run.

organixx325

Got the frames for the tables built and sheetrock all patched in and taped. so the basic layout is going to the be 3 rows of 5ft wide tables by 19ft long. center row will be a couple ft shorter to make room for the door. 3 1000w DE HPS over each row. 18 inch walkway in between rows. all the tables are pitched at an angle to drain towards the center where each row will have a waste water bin to catch drainage. may add some more lights in the future if needed but for now this is all my AC can handle.

119151394_662202834399474_7922746939151471077_n.jpg

119126917_1292727754392324_5142987842831009133_n.jpg

119068393_650462075884089_1285141706149661129_n.jpg

119139702_765909407559868_2581491143126448790_n.jpg

119057611_352547415876649_5425150915331611948_n.jpg

organixx325

Holy fuck bro this in an apartment you have balls!!!

The building is owned by a family member and the other 2 units are occupied by my family so there are no random tenants which is nice. Ill post some pics tomorrow of the progress. tables are made and the walls are painted. I have alot of cleaning and light proofing to do. In the meantime the seeds look good and are starting to germinate.

organixx325

sorry for the lack of progress and updates. Room is coming along nicely although slowly. have 2 of the tables fully built with lights hung. I have 11 GG#4 (AKA: Original Glue) that I just put in the room to get them under some intense light. they have been neglected for the past few weeks so they are pretty crappy looking but im hoping they bounce back with some TLC.

-Orca Grow Film. This stuff is supposed to be more reflective than Mylar and Panda Plastic as well as 100% light proof. 11mill thick so more than double the thickness of panda plastic. came in a roll of 58inches x 100ft at a cost of $230 a roll! expensive but Ive been getting some seeds lately so im trying to not cheap out on the light proofing.
picture.php

-Zip System Tape. This is the best tape to use when you need tape that will hold permanently. this tape is normally used as flashing tape when paired with ZIP system Plywood for framing houses. It is expensive around $26 a roll but this tape is the real deal.

picture.php

-light proofed window
picture.php

-2 ACs light proofed with Orca Film. Not pretty but it should do the trick until I can finally get some Mini splits.
picture.php

-walkway between 2 tables. Lights and fans cleaned and hung. almost ready for plants just need to plastic the tables and build the sidewalls for the top of tables.
picture.php

organixx325

-GG#4(AKA: Original Glue) neglected hoping to bounce back with some TLC

picture.php

picture.php

-I've got a bunch of deliveries I'm waiting on to get things started. Seedlings are sprouting but my lack of experience with seeds is showing. The riot cubes unfortunately dried out too much a couple times because I didn't realize how much they need to be sprayed. I'm curios to see how you guys maintain your seedlings? Open to any suggestions on how to keep seedlings healthy and thriving. I plan on taking each cube out 1 or 2 times a day and spraying them individually to ensure they stay moist from now on. Do you guys spray your seedlings with any nutrients or beneficials?

-Bottom 4 are Skywalker OG and the rest are 20 Blue dream
picture.php

Bottom 10= Fire OG, middle 10= OG kush, Top 6= Skywalker OG
picture.php

temporary seedling setup.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts