What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heat stress or something else???

I’m running clones in 200 gallon smart pots using subcool super soil. They’re in a hoop house getting full sun and running around 92f in the shade. The plants are otherwise very healthy. It just got hot here and I have t been able to get my shade cloth up yet. The white specks are tiny pieces of perlite that got airborn when a bag broke. The strain is Jack Herrer.

Attachments

• 4A2AABCB-104D-4D69-8DDB-AE536ACF09D2.jpg
    4A2AABCB-104D-4D69-8DDB-AE536ACF09D2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 688FE43E-9D7C-4A6B-BE34-66B3C2020BEA.jpg
    688FE43E-9D7C-4A6B-BE34-66B3C2020BEA.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 24
  • F5AB243A-F7CF-4EB9-817D-7BB48C5221D4.jpg
    F5AB243A-F7CF-4EB9-817D-7BB48C5221D4.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I can't tell a lot about how close they are and if they're well watered.

However that looks like light burn. If not light burn, you should look for insects on the leaves or near them.

However that looks like light burn. It is near the top of the plants, and they look scorched.

One solution for light issues is to cover the plants or hoop house with garden fleece, which is very thing, breathes and most importantly, refracts the light in a way that it does not damage the plants. Plants absolutely love it and grow very quickly because they have less damage to repair. (Google: romberg early harvest fleece)

I can't tell a lot about how close they are and if they're well watered.

However that looks like light burn. If not light burn, you should look for insects on the leaves or near them.

However that looks like light burn. It is near the top of the plants, and they look scorched.

One solution for light issues is to cover the plants or hoop house with garden fleece, which is very thing, breathes and most importantly, refracts the light in a way that it does not damage the plants. Plants absolutely love it and grow very quickly because they have less damage to repair. (Google: romberg early harvest fleece)

Thank you for the input. I just put up a 55% shade cloth on the hoop house today. It took it from 102f to 91f in less than 30 min. I’m hoping this will do the trick.

caesarjr

Brown veins in leaves and yellowing

Brown veins in leaves and yellowing

The veins in the leaves on one of my plants are turning brown and the leaf is yellowing along the vein. I tested the PH and it is about 6.5. It is an outdoor grow, Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• Cannabis plant issue 2020 - 1.jpg
    Cannabis plant issue 2020 - 1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 25
  • Cannabis plant issue 2020 - 2.jpg
    Cannabis plant issue 2020 - 2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Cannabis plant issue 2020 - 3.jpg
    Cannabis plant issue 2020 - 3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 30

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The cell tissue is contracting due to not having enough water in the heat. Water until you get a little water out of the bottom of the 200 gallon smart pot. It will take a lot of water to get to the bottom but that's the problem.

Fast forward two weeks. I got the 55% shade cloth on and right after my original post and growth exploded, the leaf damage is gone, temps are down to an acceptable number and water consumption is less than half. I’m down to watering each 200 gallon smart pot 80 gallons every 5-6 days. I’d have to assume they were getting parched by afternoon sun and not only was there leaf damage, vegetative growth was stunted.

Latest posts

Latest posts