What's new

White bugs/web on underside

Kindest

I'm growing outdoors and these Orient Express have been vegging successfully for two months... This week I found white webbing and bugs (?) on the bottom underside stem and leaves of the two bottom branches. I cleaned, removed, and now as expected it's on all five ladies and it came back on the OG plant.

I can't figure out what's going on or what to do - I've never had insect issues.

HELP!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have more experience with horticultural oil. It kills all flying and crawling insects by gumming them up. Should knock those mealy bugs smooth the fuck out :biggrin:

buzzmobile

Veteran
If you are growing indoors turn your lights off after spraying with horticultural oil. I have scorched a plant or three before. ;) The oil spray has to make contact with the mealybugs.
Spray 'em in the eyes. They hate that.

:D

Kindest

I have more experience with horticultural oil. It kills all flying and crawling insects by gumming them up. Should knock those mealy bugs smooth the fuck out :biggrin:

Awesome thanks. Hey aren't you the person that grew that amazing Mosca Indiana BG back in the day? I used to worship that thread and I still search for those seeds occasionally.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Another thing, I usually start with half the recommended dose of horticultural oil, and have never needed more than that! And it doesn’t oil the plants up something terrible!!

Yeah that was me :biggrin: I grew it again in 2018. Great daytime herb and such pretty plants!!

Last edited: