What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this a spidermite web?(microscope pics)

Trying to identify this, at first I thought it was pm then under a microscope it kinda looks more like spider webs then a spore pattern.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• S20200530_0003.jpg
    S20200530_0003.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 18
  • S20200530_0002.jpg
    S20200530_0002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 18
  • S20200530_0006.jpg
    S20200530_0006.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Mr. J

No. You won't see webbing until the infestation is well underway, and the webs don't look like that.

Mr. J

My money is still on pm. Nasty stuff. Not something that you want to introduce to your garden if you already have other things in there. I don't fuck with outside plants at all. All my keepers came from seeds. A long time ago when I did have a powdery mildew problem, a big one, the only thing that worked to completely eliminate it was a sulphur burner.

I agree, i was just hoping it could be something else :(

Anyone know a good product to disinfect an area that has been contaminated with PM?

Some kind of sulfur spray?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It's powdery mildew. The insects are tracking it around. If you'd spray the plants with beneficial fungi from kombucha or even compost tea, the insects would track around good microbes instead. It makes things much easier.

Also, there seems to be too much foliage. Pruning would produce better airflow.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buy yourself some Sanidate 5.0 for your disinfectant and zerotol for any plants you may want to keep.
Check them out,they work.
Good Luck

Robney

Green cure is what you want. Completely organic and very effective at eliminating PM. I had some clones come in with PM and after treating with Green cure it was gone. But in order for it to stay gone you need fully clean and disinfect your grow space, make sure you aren't bringing anything into your grow space when you check in on it, stay on top of your IPM, and make sure your humidity stays within an appropriate range for the amount of airflow you have.