Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Roundup cornfield yellows

Thread Title Search
Roundup cornfield yellows Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2020, 10:58 PM #1
Treevly

Treevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud of
Roundup cornfield yellows

This field had Roundup applied last July. This year the farmer planted corn, which is now about 12"- or more high. I was looking at it today and my eye was caught by a patch in a particular location. Maybe a dozen or more corn plants looked a sort of bright, light yellow. here were a few other corn plants in other areas, but not very many, maybe 2 dozen in the area I was in. There were a number of weeds of a similar colour, more weeds than corn, although there aren't a lot of weeds in total, no doubt because of the Roundup last year.

Could the yellowing of a small number of corn plants and a larger number of weeds be due to residual Roundup from last year? The yellow does not seem a natural yellow, as from excess water, for example.

Thanks for any wisdom.
Treevly is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2020, 11:30 PM #2
Treevly

Treevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud ofTreevly has much to be proud of
As if to hijack my own thread - I see on a Roundup page: """, Roundup® brand glyphosate-only agricultural herbicides can be applied broadcast up to the V8 growth stage or 30-inch tall corn, and up to 48-inch tall corn when using drop nozzles.""

Up to 4 feet tall??? They can apply it then?
Treevly is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 06:37 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Usually grubs in the soil eating roots, but could be a number of different things. Depending on the composition of the soil, glyphosate has been known to last in soil for 20 years.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 08:52 PM #4
Treevly

Wow... Thanks.
Treevly is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2020, 12:44 AM #5
Treevly

So.... if a field was Uprounded last July and the weeds are now laying there dead as ducks, and the corn is growing well, is it safe for cannabis plants there, or can the residual still affect new plantings? Eh?
Thanks
Treevly is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2020, 01:42 PM #6
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Wasn't roundup banned period? I know it is in Canada.

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 06-23-2020, 04:34 PM #7
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treevly View Post
So.... if a field was Uprounded last July and the weeds are now laying there dead as ducks, and the corn is growing well, is it safe for cannabis plants there, or can the residual still affect new plantings? Eh?
Thanks
No. Probably not safe for up to 20 years depending on the type of soil. If it's in the soil it's going to be in your flowers. Cannabis is GREAT at cleaning up toxic soil, especially toxic farm soil.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2020, 04:40 PM #8
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
It is never safe to plant pot plants anywhere near a farm field that they spray. Hell, I can't even plant grass within 15'of their GMO crap. Roundup is supposed to die when it hits the soil, but I don't trust them.

I had about 15 potted bagseed plants maybe 18" tall hiding in a weedy swampy spot next door that dries in the summer one year, and dammit the farmer decides to bush hog it for the first time ever. Just my luck. Pots are the best way to void the contaminants in the soil, but have their own risks.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:18 PM #9
Treevly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Wasn't roundup banned period? I know it is in Canada.
That's interesting. A search showed it banned in 8 provinces, but did not show which ones still allowed it.
Treevly is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2020, 08:24 PM #10
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
Roundup is fuken.poison avoid it

2 members found this post helpful.