What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dark Horse Bruce Banner & Bodhi pheno hunt

DarthFader1

Veteran
High Everyone and welcome to a new indoor grow!:joint:

I love nothing more than smoking large quantities of high grade organically grown fire all day every day so here we are with a new grow looking for some keeper mothers! :joint:

Like i said we will be pheno hunting, in a small indoor room using 3 x 600w lights, 3 gallon fabric pots, Canna Terra professional with added EWC, perlite, amended with a mix of organic powdered nutrients. Although the room is "fairly" well sealed and filtered we're using beneficial insects in the form of green lacewing, montdorensis and hypoaspis mites for soil borne larvae all as insurance against any bugs that come in.

I started 3 packs of seeds about 5-6 weeks ago gratefully received from Cannapot :joint:

- Dark Horse Genetics Original Bruce Banner
- Bodhi Hashplant D
- Bodhi Raspberry Hashplant

I removed all males last night and we're left with 5 females of each strain listed above, plus 1 Star Killer freebee from Rare Dankness.

Please come in, roll up a joint or load ya bong, and I will try my best to present a worthy grow of dankness for you all :)

Pics in an hour when the lights come on Day 7 of Flower! :joint:

Cream47

Underground Grower
Hi,

I'm so curious to follow this grow, cause I grew a Hulk angry aka Bruce Banner from Ethos Genetics, so I would like to see if it's different or similar and I love Bodhi's strain so.

:wave:.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Day 9 Flower. Not much to see yet. I will take better pics when the fun starts happening. The single plant pic is Bruce Banner im very interested to see how they go! The BB's are a bit sensitive they don't enjoy high temps that much lol. The 2 Bodhi strains are growing nicely the hashplant D seems to be the most forgiving strain so far. Some may notice the plant tags sitting in the top of the pots, H = Hashplant D, R = Raspberry hashplant and BB= Original Bruce Banner!

Sorry about the sideways pics ffs can someone tell me how to rotate on this site please?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
I just released a bunch of beneficials tonight so i usually give the insects time to disperse a bit before knocking the medium they come in off the leaves. Beneficials are great! Can't recommend them enough to ethical growers :)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I’ve always liked the sound of Bruce Banner. So far the beans have eluded me.

I am a big fan of Bodhi Hashplant crosses so I’m keen to see what you find.

What species of bugs did you release?

DarthFader1

Veteran
High Everyone!

Apologies its been such a long time for an update. There's good AND bad news lol. The bad news is I had to destroy the indoor grow in week 1 of flower because of fucking unscheduled people visiting but the good news is I kept the 3 Bruce Banner females and they're at day 56 outside being absolute killers!!

I cannot tell you guys how impressed i am with these genetics. Everything about them is awesome. Can't wait to trial the smoke soon

Here are some pics these were taken about Day 52. There are 2 phenos that lean to the strawberry diesel side and one pheno that is straight up Ghost OG. I will let you guys decide which! Enjoy

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran

Hi Moses :)

Yeah I was super happy to get those Banner beans, as I am witnessing the genetics are absolute fire. Unfortunately I had to kill all the Bodhi plants except one Raspberry hashplant which I kept and flowered outside. I'll remember to get some photos of the Raspberry next time ive been too preoccupied with the Banner lol. But briefly the Bodhi Raspberry has some dank frosty nugs that smell of earthy raspberries but the plant didn't like being outside that much some of its leaves got a bit attacked by something lol

For beneficial bugs I used hypoaspis mites on top of the medium for fungus gnats and thrip larvae, green lacewing as a generalist predator on foliage, montdorensis mites on foliage for thrips and some parasitic wasps in flower for the caterpillars :). I also release ladybugs at times but as cool as they are they have a mind of their own and fly away a lot lol. I think you need a complete companion planted garden for them to stay rather than our cannabis mono crops

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
A few more notes on these 3 Bruce Banner plants for anyone interested..

- These stretch huge.. Went into flower @ 2.5ft after stretch 6ft lol

- The Ghost OG leaning pheno can be a bit finnicky indoors if you haven't got your environment dialled in. Hint: It doesn't like high temps

- Very high natural pest resistance especially the Ghost OG pheno. The bugs don't go near it, I believe it's due to DANKNESS

- They absolutely love growing outside.

- High resistance to mould and caterpillar attack.

- Overall very vigorous and healthy vegetative growth with a tall but sturdy structure in flower that requires minimal staking.

- Very stable genetics no hermies or any other issues

Hats off to Dark Horse Genetics ive grown a lot of different seeds over the past decade or more and these plants are in the top 10 somewhere, probably top 5 but we need to trial the end product first before we get carried away

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
Day 56 Pics

Day 56 Pics

More Bruce Banner taken today @ Day 56.. 3 different phenos, each pheno deserves it's own feature lol.

The 4th photo that pheno has mad purpling happening to both the fan leaves and the little bud leaves late in flower. I will get some better pics of this before harvest its absolutely beautiful

The last pic is Bodhi Raspberry Hashplant

Cheers everybody
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
Closeup Shots of Bruce Banner BB#2. This plant is kind of in the middle between the 2 parents giving off a slight fruity smell combined with funky rotting cheese from the OG side, this one should be a delight on the palate

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M

mrghost

I just started 10 beans of Original Bruce Banner from Dark Horse Genetics.
It's great to hear how happy you are with the genetics.
They look very promising.

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very solid looking girls DarthFader1 look well and I bet that car under the tarp shifts.:tiphat:

G

I grew out some Hulk Smash from Dark Horse the first time had a kick ass plant out of 4 girls. Thats what made me take up keeping bonsai moms. But I found out it hermied and had seeds in the buds even though it was good.

There is a member here I have not seen post in a while that supposedly has the original cut. Id love to have a cut from him but I think he posted there are a lot of fake cuts running in the mitten. IF I could get a cut from that dude or a verified cut it would be oh so cool to try.