What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds vs Clones

Which do you prefer and why?

The past 3 years I’ve grown outside using clones but this year I grew 9 pineapple kush from Royal Queen and they were stunted for 5 weeks then transplant shocked from me transplanting a 5 gallon into a 200 gallon and the 5 gallon was super wet still so the root ball got destroyed. They all came back strong no problem and held up fine against the wind. Just super hardy overall.

Any clones I’ve ever had have, some have stunted very easily.

Would you rather grow a certain special pheno over using a seed that you’ve heard great things about? Seems like a lot more ppl are turning to seeds these days

I’m heading to the Emerald Cup in a week to score some beans for next year. Preferable from Humboldt Seed Company just cuz I’ve followed them for awhile. Prob going with Magic Melon and Vanilla Frosting because they finish fast, yield well, and are sturdy. Since I’m running quite a bit outside I’m looking stuff that grows pretty similar and it seems like HSC stabilizes their lines or at least they y’all about it more than other companies who just post/say what strains they have with not much info about the genetics.