What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

Ca++

Thread was just getting interesting..
The LEDs seemed close together, compared to the quite wide spacing between the 600s. I imagine the PPFD jumped a lot.

Regarding the cutting of bottom branches, it depends if there is light on them. Eric seems to be working the top 18" of his plants, as he's an HID grower at this point. Enough thinning to see light on the ground in places.

There is another question. If it's not illuminated, why not? I don't suggest additional lighting to grow 1000000 more cuttings, but mid stretch, you can think about leaving a deeper canopy, if you can light the underneath better. From underneath, or the side. Just not interlighting.. as you won't want to clean it afterwards.

The biggest problem with lighting from the sides or bottom, is finding the lights to actually do it. In a commercial environment, it's even harder. As lights have to be suited to the environment. So leaves and water falling on them, while people are kicking them about, and tripping over cables.. It doesn't work.
At home where you work alone, around stand fans and extension leads, it's a bit easier. There are many garden flood lights from 10-50w and UFO's if you run a fan to them. Linear flo LED retrofits for close quarters, between tanks/trays. They barely need a leaf guard, unlike cobs that shouldn't be smothered. Though you can't water a linear flo fitting usually.

eric2028

Veteran

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpeg
    8.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_9903.jpeg
    IMG_9903.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_9879.jpeg
    IMG_9879.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9854.jpeg
    IMG_9854.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 107

eric2028

Veteran
I’m looking to start monitoring my coco/ drybacks. I’m looking at TrolMaster, growlink and Aroya. Does anyone have some experience with any of these they can share?

Also, been running jacks still. Still loving it!
Veg and early bloom: 5.1/3.5/epsom 1.
Bloom (start around day 10-14)3/2.5/ mkp.5. Until flush 🎯

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I’m looking to start monitoring my coco/ drybacks. I’m looking at TrolMaster, growlink and Aroya. Does anyone have some experience with any of these they can share?

Also, been running jacks still. Still loving it!
Veg and early bloom: 5.1/3.5/epsom 1.
Bloom (day 10-14): 3/2.5/ mkp.5.
What are you doing from day 14 forward?

Latest posts

Latest posts