What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20x30 Auto Light Dep Greenhouse

GlaZed420

You definitely can. I haven't seen it really happen without taking some kind of steps to control environment like getting a swamp cooler or wet wall to cool down the house and increase humidity some during the dry hot summer as well as correctly managing nutrients and canopy density. From an 18x36 I got just under 40

What method of growing did you use in the 18x36?

Standard nursery technique. Lots of 30 gallon pots veg in 5 gal never root bound , 30s full of mineralized nursery mix fed marine hydrolysate kelp molasses sea water rock phos and k sulfate

Also has a basic 6000cdm swamp cooler and 24" shutter fan

GlaZed420

Anyone use an 80-100k BTU kerosene heater in a greenhouse? Getting ready to put in some work to fill this thing an I know I want to run a heater during the night

CrushnYuba

YES I HAVE. Didn't go well but I didn't push it but I also got other heat sources. I didn't run mine with clear 1-k because it's not available here. You should check around because it's not available most places except the hardware stores by the bottle $$$$$. I ran it with the red diesel#2 I use in my genny.
It smelled pretty bad it worried me and I shut er down.
Also about a month or so ago, my neighbor had a big problem with his unvented propane heater. Plants got all sick and funky. I put it in the sick plants section so people can see what poisoning from an invented heater looks like. Those plants are now in my greenhouse with pellet stove heat loving life. My other friend is running an unvented propane heater and he is crushing it but he put in some ventilation holes. He is also in a warmer spot and he doesn't need to burn much propane. Something you should know is even if you do get the unvented heater dialed, they put off so much moisture you can really only use it for veg. Not flower.

I really want to see how it goes for you. But please exercise extreme caution.

CrushnYuba

Yes the light from the flame is no bueno. The end is so hot there is nothing you can really do about the light. You can't really use them for flower anyway because of the moisture. You need a vented heater for sure if you want to run in flower.

GlaZed420

Well this is my situation. I only need to run a heater at night for minimal time... I have 3 24" light traps with plenty of fans. I may just buy the bullet and order a small commercial propane heater. I'm in northern CA so in spring my GH is 50* at night. I want to keep it around 65*

GlaZed420

Lineup:
Chem Sour

Soil:
Royal Gold Kings Mix

Nutes:
Organic plus tea

Last year sucked so I'm going back to basics

GlaZed420

Soil should be ready for pickup early next week.

Attachments

• IMAG0224.jpg
    IMAG0224.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 52

maxmurder

Veteran
yeah I just started running it indoors.
I checked my run off a couple days after 12/12 like I normally do I was 1.4 goin in and 3.2 draining out. I was pretty shocked considering I only fed organics (hand/wand water) extremely low ec.
so there's quite a bit of something in there.
I put rooted clones right in and they did fine, actually they loved it.
just use a little caution, that shits hotter than anything I've ever fed before.

GlaZed420

Got everything planted tonight... gonna top them in a few days and then set my trellising. should click over in 2 weeks.

CrushnYuba

Hey buddy.. Did you ever try that kero heater? And have you looked around for kero up here in norcal?. What r u doing for heat?
I'm running kings mix. Going straight out the 19 gallon bag with the top cut off. I don't find it the least bit hot like other guy said. I am feeding hard on every water with sea grow 16-16-16. I can definitely say I'm a kings mix believer. I feed right off the rip when i transplant. Even little babies are getting it. All liquid feed on drip, no amendments. I'm Going to watch the ph but that's about it.
Got the kings mix for 15$ a 19 gallon bag. Sea grow for 55$ for 25 lbs. Keeps my $ per lb rock bottom.

GlaZed420

Hey buddy.. Did you ever try that kero heater? And have you looked around for kero up here in norcal?. What r u doing for heat?
I'm running kings mix. Going straight out the 19 gallon bag with the top cut off. I don't find it the least bit hot like other guy said. I am feeding hard on every water with sea grow 16-16-16. I can definitely say I'm a kings mix believer. I feed right off the rip when i transplant. Even little babies are getting it. All liquid feed on drip, no amendments. I'm Going to watch the ph but that's about it.
Got the kings mix for 15$ a 19 gallon bag. Sea grow for 55$ for 25 lbs. Keeps my $ per lb rock bottom.

I decided against the kerosene heater. I'm gonna pickup a 45000btu hot dawg module heater. The shitty thing is the weather is not great right now. Overcast, cold and raining... Not ideal conditions for vigorous veg growth lol