Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Damn It's Bright Out Here!

Thread Title Search
Damn It's Bright Out Here! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2020, 04:48 PM #1
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
Damn It's Bright Out Here!

I have been growing indoors for a minute now and so far have been able to keep the misses and I and the immediate family supplied with smoke.

I live in an only partially enlightened state with legal medical that is still being litigated in the courts. There is no legal home growing of any kind. So I have been keeping it discreet indoors, even though FL is a wonderful outdoor climate for our favorite ladies.

My downfall is that I hate killing clones. I find myself once again with two lovely ladies, a Liberty Haze and a Hawaiian Snow that I have no room for. So...time to move outdoors.

I'm embarking on this grow on my own property and am trying to be as discreet as possible. Even though FL enforcement efforts are nowhere near what they use to be (helicopters etc) I don't see any point in pushing my luck. Accordingly I have planted against the backdrop of a wild tree line that affords some cover.

Nothing fancy. Dug a couple of holes, dumped a 2 CF bag of Miracle Grow Potting Soil and some additional perlite in each hole and threw some landscape cloth on top. I know, I know...I'm going to hell for the Miracle Grow so don't even start...

These ladies have been on an 18/6 light schedule so I guess I'm going to rig up some supplemental lighting for a couple hours a night to keep them in veg. I'm at 30N and have only about 13.5 hours daylight at present. Going to try and avoid the whole flower/revert/flower cycle.

So here I go. First time for everything. Weekly updates unless I screw up sooner.

Peace,
starke

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed
starke is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:00 PM #2
El Timbo

El Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to allEl Timbo is a name known to all
Good luck - are rippers an issue there?
El Timbo is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:42 PM #3
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Timbo View Post
Good luck - are rippers an issue there?
I'm lucky and live in the middle of three acres in a very rural area. I don't think rippers will be an issue.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2020, 10:20 PM #4
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor

Along for the ride... Hawaiian snow is some strong smoke, mine grew like a vine indoors

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Dire straits, brothers in arms:

Now the sun's gone to hell
And
The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We are fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 05-11-2020, 10:26 PM #5
starke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brunch View Post

Along for the ride... Hawaiian snow is some strong smoke, mine grew like a vine indoors
This cut I keep is kind of that way. A little slower growing too compared to most of my sativa doms. I have a Skywalker Kush I have not run in a while for that reason. Great smoke but a real challenge to get any yield from. Like trying to train a sweet potato vine.

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2020, 06:48 PM #6
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
I'll tag along
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 05-18-2020, 12:41 PM #7
starke

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
I'll tag along
Welcome aboard.

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 05-24-2020, 07:47 PM #8
saitama

saitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to allsaitama is a name known to all
Tagging in
saitama is offline Quote

Old 05-24-2020, 08:26 PM #9
starke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitama View Post
Tagging in
Welcome saitama.

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 05-25-2020, 08:47 PM #10
starke

Weekly Update

Today marks two weeks since these two ladies were rudely yanked from their Hempy cups and transplanted into the cruel, hard outside world.

They have spent most of that time trying to acclimate from hydro to Miracle Gro. Not an easy task but they are making progress.

I rigged up a couple of 25W LED bulbs on a timer to kick on for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. So far this is keeping them from wanting to flower.

Next update in a week...or maybe two.

Peace,
starke

Liberty Haze:

Hawaiian Snow:

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote