What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap way to chill water?

ChenBenTz

I've got a large AC but since the temps have gone down in the past month it's not necessary and it's kind of suspicious to turn it on.

I know there are dedicated water chillers but they're really expensive here ($500 and up), so is there anything you guys use to chill your water besides that?

Thanks.

B

bigganjabud

I've got a large AC but since the temps have gone down in the past month it's not necessary and it's kind of suspicious to turn it on.

I know there are dedicated water chillers but they're really expensive here ($500 and up), so is there anything you guys use to chill your water besides that?

Thanks.

Goin back a few years to when I was doing nft

I used to freeze 1ltr bottles of water on about a 7 bottle a day thing and as one comes out of res, put that straight back to freezer

Rinse and repeat mate

Worked well for me tbh but in this game its horses for courses

ChenBenTz

Goin back a few years to when I was doing nft

I used to freeze 1ltr bottles of water on about a 7 bottle a day thing and as one comes out of res, put that straight back to freezer

Rinse and repeat mate

Worked well for me tbh but in this game its horses for courses

Wouldn't that make the temperature uneven? Like, at the beginning it would be much colder and then gradually barely colder?

ganja4

No. The change in temp wont harm at all. I did the same. Had about ten bottles in freezer for that. Half litre ones.
It works
Its cheap

Get a mini fridge and fill it with soft irrigation line put two holes on the top and feed the lines through one side gets a pump and timer and gos in res the other flows into the res with cold water

ChenBenTz

Don't live in the US, guys. Cheapest one for me is more than $500. The mini fridge idea is nice but I'm low on space.

Latest posts

Latest posts