What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help planning first scrog

G

ganjygav

I use trim and popcorn for butter and make cookies.
Yeah I think organic nutes bring out more colours as well. In my opinion I also think organic nutes improve smell and taste.

Most of my plants have purple by the end, my last 2 strains didn't. Pot of gold and tangilope.
If it's got purple anywhere in the genes in the genes it's pretty easy to bring out.
One of my darkest plants was black widow x blue lemon Thai. The leaves were black at top of plant and buds held the purple colour
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

I've also got my next clones on order going on with jaffa caked cookies and psycho cindy.

UncleBens

Heres my Cannalope Haze, went mega purple and it was too warm if anything haha

picture.php

I agree with you on the organics improving taste and smell too.

Look forward to your smoke report, also to your next grow!

G

ganjygav

I use dual spec hps. 400w for veg and 600w flower.
Dude that canna lope haze looks funking amazing.

UncleBens

Cheers, it wasnt particularly good to be honest haha the high was great but had very little taste. Shame because they were cool looking plants, really easy to grow too. Only had two plants though, will be great tasting phenos im sure.

Have a look at the 315 watt cdm's at some point, i just got one and the plants are loving it.

G

ganjygav

Cheers, it wasnt particularly good to be honest haha the high was great but had very little taste. Shame because they were cool looking plants, really easy to grow too. Only had two plants though, will be great tasting phenos im sure.

Have a look at the 315 watt cdm's at some point, i just got one and the plants are loving it.

Ive never smoked any kind Chem strain so wouldn't know what to expect with taste and smell but that bud just looks great.

Had a look at them lights. Description sounds good. Do you notice any improvements over hps?
When my plants are in full veg mode I think they grow pretty quick already.

Anyway cropping last night was horrible. I hate doing it anyway but these plants were a mess of tiny fan leaves in the middle.
Such a leafy strain.
We had a plant each and the quickest one took 2 hours.
I am a Victor meldrew and I can moan like a champion.
I was swearing about the leaves the whole time and I'm sure I spat at the plants at one point lol.

Harvest time is when I'm happy I only do a small number of plants.
picture.php

B

bigganjabud

Gav Im going out on a limb ere but if you can get to try some Chemdawg try it man it's on my top 5

G

ganjygav

Unless I grow it fella its not likely I will get to try it. 90% of everything grown near me is either blue cheese or lemon.
I travelled the other night to pick up a bit of cali kush.
I go out of my way to avoid smoking the local crap but sometimes its the only option.

You and Mr brunch are making me jelly with your seed grows. I really miss growing seeds.

Acasaway

Great scrog

Great scrog

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=759

Attachments

• 2FAFBFBE-6B03-4D98-8048-A99E9931D730.jpg
    2FAFBFBE-6B03-4D98-8048-A99E9931D730.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 11
G

ganjygav

Yeah I've already explained why the scrog didn't happen. Good luck with your 1st grow dude. That is a nice looking frame. What size are the spaces?

G

ganjygav

Took it off stems today and put it on drying net.
I'm disappointed with this grow.
The buds are all fluffy. It stinks cheesy though so maybe that's one good thing.
Looks like ive got about 6 oz of decent buds.
Maybe a little more.

I need to grow something good next time.

G

ganjygav

7 oz 8 grams dry

7 oz 8 grams dry

picture.php
picture.php

Waked and baked with it this morning.
Nice smooth smoke pretty neutral taste.
Its not knockout stuff. I had one joint and I'm floating as I walk and feel nice.
Definitely a daytime toke this one.

The buds are fluffy but not too much so. I think the cold air intake aimed at the ground made cold winter air sit around pots at bottom of tent.
I did notice these plants weren't drinking too much this grow.
They only drank between 2.5 to 3 litres every 3 days in the height of flower.
I'm ordering a tent heater and thermostat for next grow.
It does smell stinky. I can smell white widow and a kick of cheese.

I'm doing 8 plants next grow. 2 strains 4 of each. 2 x 400w lights.
All goes to plan the strains will be jaffa caked cookies and psycho cindy.

Anyway that's it folks. Thanks for watching.

B

bigganjabud

View Image View Image

Waked and baked with it this morning.
Nice smooth smoke pretty neutral taste.
Its not knockout stuff. I had one joint and I'm floating as I walk and feel nice.
Definitely a daytime toke this one.

The buds are fluffy but not too much so. I think the cold air intake aimed at the ground made cold winter air sit around pots at bottom of tent.
I did notice these plants weren't drinking too much this grow.
They only drank between 2.5 to 3 litres every 3 days in the height of flower.
I'm ordering a tent heater and thermostat for next grow.
It does smell stinky. I can smell white widow and a kick of cheese.

I'm doing 8 plants next grow. 2 strains 4 of each. 2 x 400w lights.
All goes to plan the strains will be jaffa caked cookies and psycho cindy.

Anyway that's it folks. Thanks for watching.

BUT THERE WERNT NO SEEDS BRO!

No late stage ladyboy!

Whatever it was the girls are healed!!

By jove I think you've cracked it bruvva!!

G

ganjygav

Yeah mate not a seed in sight.
I reckon a lot of my problems were over feeding.
Gonna get on with another clone grow then I think I'm gonna go looking through the bubblegum seeds again.

Forgot to say them 7 oz I got was of decent bud. I had nearly 2 oz of popcorn as well.

B

bigganjabud

Yeah mate not a seed in sight.
I reckon a lot of my problems were over feeding.
Gonna get on with another clone grow then I think I'm gonna go looking through the bubblegum seeds again.

Forgot to say them 7 oz I got was of decent bud. I had nearly 2 oz of popcorn as well.

Make edibles and do some science bro lol

G

ganjygav

I've donated the popcorn to a friend with spine rods. I try to avoid even growing popcorn but I don't take the lollipoping far enough into flower.
Something else I ain't quite mastered yet.

UncleBens

I've donated the popcorn to a friend with spine rods. I try to avoid even growing popcorn but I don't take the lollipoping far enough into flower.
Something else I ain't quite mastered yet.

Thats what ive done with my current batch, I lollipopped them too early and they stretched way more after I did it. Now theres going to be loads of popcorn. I guess it changes from strain to strain so you cant expect to get it right with new cuts that you havent dialed in tbh.

Looks nice smoke!

G

ganjygav

Yeah I think I will leave the lollipoping till 3 weeks next time. Its that or I'm being too optimistic with leaving buds I think will develop into something decent.

Its some of the smoothest bud I've grown. It don't make me cough at all but if I'm honest it's not very potent.
Even when I tried mateys stuff he took at 10 weeks it wasn't that impressive. I thought it was something to do with his being seeded but nah its just some weak smoke.
I need knockout sleeping shit.

Just looking forward to next crop now.

B

bigganjabud

Yeah I think I will leave the lollipoping till 3 weeks next time. Its that or I'm being too optimistic with leaving buds I think will develop into something decent.

Its some of the smoothest bud I've grown. It don't make me cough at all but if I'm honest it's not very potent.
Even when I tried mateys stuff he took at 10 weeks it wasn't that impressive. I thought it was something to do with his being seeded but nah its just some weak smoke.
I need knockout sleeping shit.

Just looking forward to next crop now.

Well you've come this far mate be a shame to call it all quits now eh?

Nah man proud of ya tho gav man I've seen how far you've come and I think I speak for us all when I say growing is life!!