What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor mmj in process

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking down at the sump area. The mound of earth in front of the slanted wall is slated for removal.
I want to use that wall as an inlet for conditioned air return to FR.

picture.php

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For the crawl space dig I bucketed it out, stopped counting the buckets after a while.

picture.php

The bucket is sitting where the mound of dirt in front of the sump slanted wall used to be... I stuffed insulation around the gap between the earth and the structure to keep as much dirt away as possible. I just do not like earth touching wood.

picture.php

The ply on the slanted wall will be installed such that I can remove it with screws in the future should I need to make changes to the inlet which will penetrate my room enclosure.

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is from the studio/lung side of the room looking down towards the FR. The crawl trapdoor on the left and the sump trap door (for maintenance) will be on the studio side of a partition wall that I will build. So try to visualize a slight z-bend in the wall. When I install the bottom plate you will understand my design.

picture.php

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the slanted wall i've been talking about. No more dirt mound in front of it so now I can run a 12" or 8" or 10".. inlet line to it.

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Test fitting a frozen sump pump. You can see where I lined cut out for the sump so that it can fit, I'll modify it a bit as I go but this was the idea. I'll have a trap door above this area which is insulated and sealed but will be easily accessed in the future by unscrewing the trap door and lifting out the insulation. Better safe than sorry and some day I may not have the agility to crawl around down there, so need good access for future changes or problem fixing...

picture.php

picture.php

This is me every time I come into your thread:

nigra%20seizure.gif

The stuff you're doing for your build out is nuts. I really like your attention to detail, and can definitely identify with what might be called OCD :)

Mad props for your attention to detail!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I hear that. You can try to type out what you're doing but it doesn't make sense to me until I have something visual to look at. I like the evolution of this project and like the amount of work you're putting in. I'm about to make another run to the hardware store myself. Gotta get my crawlspace partitions made up. Keep up the hardwork. :yes:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad Habits - thats exactly how I look when I leave the build area....
Funny!

Who Dat - I've got it all worked out in my head. Itll make more sense to you when I get the floor done and put finish the walls.

Few details to really nail down in my plan but its coming along.

I'm struggling to keep enough materials on hand. Ran out of 2x4s again this weekend....

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear that. You can try to type out what you're doing but it doesn't make sense to me until I have something visual to look at. I like the evolution of this project and like the amount of work you're putting in. I'm about to make another run to the hardware store myself. Gotta get my crawlspace partitions made up. Keep up the hardwork. :yes:

Who Dat - I've not checked them but I think up in my thread or another thread like Gnome's thread but at HD or Lowes mentioned are some 1/4" thick white plastic or fibreglass 4x8' sheets which would make good walls for you if you just need a partition.

Framing out walls for you is probably not really necessary.

4x8 sheets of 3/4 plywood is a good choice too. You have some paper down dont you? Make sure you put down a good vapor barrier on the floor with the plastic sheets that they make for that purpose.

have fun with it.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm making movable partitions with PVC framing and Panda Plastic covering them. That way I can adjust the "walls" as the size of the garden dictates. Got some of the panda plastic at the grow shop. :yes:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Second pail of screws...

picture.php

picture.php

25lbs...

picture.php

I told you I often look like the guy above didn't I????

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back to work....

boxing in and insulating the floor and crawl

picture.php

picture.php

shiny....

picture.php

hot pocket

picture.php

Roxul filling

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been busy in the bunker folks. Digging Beck's new Album Morning Phase. It'll take many listens before I decide if it is as good as Sea Change. One of my all time favorite albums for all the wrong reasons... Many tears been shed with my man Beck and Sea Change.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep other live animals as a hobby and this, ah hmm, seems much easier tbh. Sorry I can't explain further

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lined and cut out a notch in one joist so that I can use a 48" floro fixture if I decide later. Still about 5 1/2 inches of joist left after cutting the notch.

picture.php

taming the octopus, rubber pond liner down on the side of the room

picture.php

picture.php

Anticlimactic, but all that junk is sitting on the first floor board...
awesomeness

picture.php

hey - whats that board for? good question, its where the door goes

It's been bolted on for extra goodness.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts