What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Amnesia by Dinafem, info please

kushedy

I grew one of these a few years ago & also exchanged emails with Dinafem around the same time trying to get a bit more info on their Amnesia. They said that they used the Hy-pro cut & selfed it. They didn't say how many times only that they selfed it in order to try & bring down the flowering time.
That would suggest its more than an S1 but only Dinafem would know that for sure. That’s my assumption based on my very limited breeding knowledge. I would have thought you would need to make a few selections & crosses in order to achieve any sort of flowering time reduction. At the time, I knew zero about breeding so didn't think to query them any further when they told me that.

My Amnesia grew like a large vigorous Sativa. I was growing in a dwc with poor temperature control. I had to treat it for root rot with bennies but still managed to pull just over 7 oz's with a cheap 200w LED & 100w of cfl. It took about 80 days flowering for me.
According to Dinafem there is a 65 day flowering pheno in there somewhere which apparently was what they were aiming to create but said you would have to buy a pack & pheno hunt for it.
The smoke of the one I grew was top draw. I do have a couple more seeds so it’s on the list for me to do again. It's just the possible 80-day flowering time that keeps holding me back.

Mmm I don't know ,I've got six seeds and still didn't find the proper smell-taste of real amnesia..nice big Sativas , very bproductive, no hermies and all but still where's the amnesia?

potty1

Heres my dinafem original ammo.
Out of 3 seeds...

Attachments

• large.rsz_20171118_174716.jpg.c163c700aeebc0284a250b7c16c41f22.jpg
    large.rsz_20171118_174716.jpg.c163c700aeebc0284a250b7c16c41f22.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 25
  • large.rsz_20171118_174734.jpg.8c454ac6047a0fba322bf5f1aeeb1edb.jpg
    large.rsz_20171118_174734.jpg.8c454ac6047a0fba322bf5f1aeeb1edb.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 26

sirtween

If you want a real deal with amnesia take a look at underground seed collective. They have make an IBL of Amnesia core cut from hy-pro.The prices are low and good genetics they do a wonderfull job. quote from Amnesia description.

"Amnesia IBL from Underground Seeds Collective comes from selections and reproductions of the famous Amnesia cannabis strain from Hypro.

The USC team bred this Amnesia for 5 generations (F6) to isolate and stabilize the more Sativa phenotypes - to get a very strong high effect - so this strain is an Amnesia IBL.
Description of Amnesia IBL's growing

This genetics shows strong vegetative vigor, its branches being able to reach the main bud when pinching it frequently. For this reason, USC recommends to grow Amnesia IBL in SCROG systems to canalize its vigor, or to start flowering just after a few rooting days: plants usually multiply its size per 4 after switching the photoperiod to 12/12.

Flowering period takes from 9 - 11 weeks, and plants develop long and very resinous flowers with intense smell: odor control systems allow to easily control its invading smell. Outdoor, harvest can be done around end October, depending on the latitude.

Once our harvest of Amnesia IBL is dryied and cured, we discover a fruity flavour with Haze tones, and a powerful sativa effect, psychedelic, electric and long lasting, ending with a body relaxed sensation."

Green Squall

My favorite thing about this strain is how well the flavor holds up through a whole joint or vape bowl. It's tasty to the very end!

Hey,

USC is not gone i think, they have a website, and amnesia was in stock last time i was looking.

The dinafem version is not bad, you have to do some selection to find the good plant.
Same with USC version.. It was like this with original Hypro seeds too, 1 keeper ever 10 20 seeds at best.

Mimpi Manis

I don't know about Dinafems version of straight Amnesia, but their Amnesia Kush was pretty ordinary. The plant looked like it was mostly sativa and decent enough but effects were pretty underwhelming. Turned me into a dullard. Not overly punchy either. Maybe it was just that particular pheno? But I'm not in a hurry to pop the other two (F) seeds anytime soon. Pretty disappointing. Kind of steered me off trying the straight version. But who knows? It can be a bit of a crap shoot finding what you're looking for. If you do grow it, be interested to know how it turned out.
picture.php

Mimpi Manis

In the interests of dedicated and factual based research, based on my previous comments, decided I really should give those two small buds of Amnesia Kush I saved another run. Four months in the jar: Well, its definitely improved. Its gotten stronger, stonier... but still carries that heaviness. Long lasting. Defintely some body... not too aggresive. I suppose it would be medicinal for a few. Not Moi however. Wont make the 'go to' list. Out of a dozen or so, theres 4-5 that regularly go for a ride in the vape. If this all went on a little too long... blame the AK. Lj

HAZENACIOUS

Heres my dinafem original ammo.
Out of 3 seeds...
Actually, that does have a likeness to the Amnesia I used to get in UK 10 or 12 years ago, same type of foxtailing, similar appearance and lighter silvery shade, original amnesia in UK had less leaf and bigger wider calyxes appearing quite a bit denser, but still that is an impressive likeness for a seed line. If effect and taste are as similar as its appearance, its a go.

Last edited: