Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Help, I've got white bugs under my pots?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thread Title Search    
Click for Herbies Seeds
 Help, I've got white bugs under my pots?!?!?!?!?!?! Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to behold
Help, I've got white bugs under my pots?!?!?!?!?!?!

So I've been having some problems crop up in two of my rooms, thought it was a deficiency, but last night I lifted up one of my pots (3-4 days after watering, still moist under there) & I saw a shit ton of tiny little buggers everywhere.

I don't have a way to take pics of them they are so very small, but I looked at them with a microscope & here's the best I can describe them-

Segmented body's, clear/white, two sets of legs in the middle- one forward set of legs, short stubby antenna, and well defined black eyes. They move around pretty fast, like ants.

I grabbed some "Bon-Neem insecticidal soap" that I had on hand, sprayed the fuck out of underneath all the pots, the top of the soil, and the plants, then gave them a light watering. It killed all of the ones underneath, instant death, muahahahaha

I'm worried though, I'm freaking out BAD here.

I have not seen ANYTHING flying around, nothing was readily apparent in the top 1-2 inches of soil either.

I've looked at pics on google & here, the closest I could find was thrips, but I don't have anything on my leaves. They look alot like thrips, almost identical except the body is less segmented in the tail area, almost identical to a thrip with the body of a catapillar if that makes sense.

Wait, they look alot like this:

OK, here's a perfect pic of what these little fuckers look like. I guess I can now call them Root Thrips? lol. What the hell is up with that? Again, nothing flying, nothing eating my leaves, just a massive colony of these under my sick plants pots:

Possibly pertinent info:

Growing in a mix of Promix hp/bx with Espoma Bio-Tone added, 20 gallon tubs w/avg of 5 plants per. Temps mid-low 60's (night) to mid-high 70's (day). Growing from seed. Week 4 of flower. Here's some pics of the problems, the very first one isn't mine but looks EXACTLY like a few of mine.

2 of my 3 rooms are looking like crap, the third that looks awesome doesn't have black pond liner but I couldn't see any of them in there with a quick glance.

Should I get some more Neem soap spray & keep treating? BT? Pest strips? Mosquito Dunks? I also have some Pyrethrin & sulfer containing eco-sense spray for roses, but it says not to use within 21 days of an oil treatment, would my 'potassium salts of fatty acids" fall under that?

I'm not afraid to get nuclear on these fuckers, I have about 30 days left as we speak.........

Quote:
f**k a G-ride, I want the machines that are makin em
Leroy Brown is offline   Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to beholdLeroy Brown is a splendid one to behold
Added to above.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Bullfrog44
Banned

Bullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivor
Caterpillar Killer from safer brand works well on thrips. Breaking up a mosquito pellet and spraying also does a good trick. The reason you don't see any flying is because it is a new colony. As the bugs mature, they will get wings.

BTW - thrips attack roots, not the plant.
Bullfrog44 is offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
compost

compost has a spectacular aura aboutcompost has a spectacular aura aboutcompost has a spectacular aura about
I use a organic mixture that is 1 part dr. einstiens neem oil, 1 part spinosad, and 1 part safer. All 3 compounds will hurt/kill most bugs so the combination seems to really screw them up. I also try to spread to mosquito dunks over my soil to keep problems down also.

So I give you my eyes and all of their lies,
Please help them to learn as well as to see.
Capture a glance, and make it a dance,
But looking at you is looking at me.
compost is offline   Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
Herborizer

Herborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud ofHerborizer has much to be proud of
Spinosad works great and is omrc organic. I also crumble up the Miskito dunks and spread a top layer over the soil, about 1/4 tsp of crumbles per 2 gal pot. I had these bugs and I also had them in black. I have not seen them again since.

**Growing in Canna Coco, Canna Coco A/B nutes, Cannazyme (never in the res), H&G Dripclean, and Bloombastic in flower. Drip to waste, using Tropf Blumats. Scrog. Blumat Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111046

**Cloning failing?
Chlorine could be the missing link: ICMAG Link

Check Your Hydro Hoses!!! NGW Hose toxic issue: ICMAG Link

Fear Mongering doesn't require a shred of proof. It's just a bunch of garbage that instills fear and anxiety into those who don't have the facts.

Please vote for a dedicated Cloning/Propagation & Mother's Forum: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226281

Herborizer is offline   Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
Leroy Brown

Thanks for all the advice, sounds like Spinosad is the ticket, as well as some misquito dunks on the top.

Sucks I didn't take some preventative action, I'm sure it's going to hurt my yield but it is what it is.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Leroy Brown

How would you guys recommend I apply the Spinosad? As much as it SUCKS for me to apply it as a soil drench (Feedings are a bitch, I have to use a siphon technique) I think that is the best way since mine are all deep deep in the soil, but I can't find any good info about applying it as a soil drench. I will be using the Green Light lawn & garden version from lowes

Old 03-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Leroy Brown

Lol, hahaha, never mind, it's designed for being used as a soil drench, haha, they even have a bottle with garden hose adapter, THAT would be awesome if I can find that one. Such a pain in the ass to feed by filling up a res & then siphoning from it.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
GanjaPharma

GanjaPharma is a splendid one to beholdGanjaPharma is a splendid one to beholdGanjaPharma is a splendid one to beholdGanjaPharma is a splendid one to beholdGanjaPharma is a splendid one to beholdGanjaPharma is a splendid one to beholdGanjaPharma is a splendid one to behold
damn! sorry about the thrips, I used greenlight product that contains spinosaid, worked a treat a few years back.
also, looks like you could use a little CALCIUM, i think you have a Ca deficiency as well as the "silvery" thrip dmg, and .
I use straight Ca instead of calmag, since I dont always want to add Mag.
GanjaPharma is offline   Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Leroy Brown

You know what, I'm now beginning to think I should lay off the chronic & they might just be springtails.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #11
danks

danks will become famous soon enoughdanks will become famous soon enough
if you dont listen to me you will lose alot of yield. do a flush, make a hole on the bottom of totes if you dont already have one. now get some plain water ph at 7 and water thru the totes till you get some runoff water. collect the water from each tote and test for ph and ppm. maxi does great for first 4 weeks then it becomes hot as fuck and drops ph. so i thin youll be at 5.7 and 2500 ppm. i would first get some dolopril or fast acting lime and pour quarter cup on top of soil of the totes then pour plain ph water at 7.5 thru the totes till you get runoff. now for the high ppm you either back of the feeding so if your feeding at 1000 drop it by half or get some drip clean from house and garden. also get some sm 90 to add to water so get rid of anything that lives in the soil you dont want its oranic and works.
danks is offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #12
PuReKnOwLeDgE
Licensed Grower

PuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivorPuReKnOwLeDgE is a survivor
Springtails, no biggie
PuReKnOwLeDgE is offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #13
danks

maxi is really strong i know people who used it at 250 ppm and harvested more then people who used it at 1000 ppm all the way thru. less is more.
danks is offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #14
danks

that rusting and brown edges is a cal mag deficiency due to ph being lower then 6.5 at the root zone.
danks is offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #15
danks

if your runoff is low ppms and ph is between 6 and 7 your underfeeding.
danks is offline   Quote