What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica - Sensi Seeds

G

TF is that question directed to me or to NoS? If its directed at me, I'm not entering anything at the Cup, though if I had grown more than one plant of MLI you bet I consider it Cup material and would have entered it gladly.

NoS and AOR thanks for the wonderful comments. IMO this is one of those stand out strains which get lost a bit in the mix of the many. Sensi has excellent strains, this one is outstanding, but gets sort of passed by for others like Black Domina (which I haven't yet tried) due to the trend of the moment.

:wave:

P

Pound4Pound

BlueVelvet! Damn such professionalism, quite an aesthetically visually appealing format, your time and effort make this thread even better. It takes passion to indulge oneself with such dedication on this forum not just here but on various threads. Your green Mentor title suits you well.

Your Triple Test grow is another thread that I would like to mention is very upto date and sharp. I hope somehow I can express myself as good as you. I never grew anything from sensi seeds and this seems like a pleaser but then again like you showed us the proof is in the pudding. Glad you enjoyed that plant and shared it with us like many others. Right on! :canabis:

G

Thank you P4P, that's quite a compliment. I've been following your own threads and I must say aside from being very articulate, you have convinced me that you also know quite a bit not only about growing, but that most elusive of all arts...proper and serious breeding.

The Maple Leaf might (and I say might because I know you're working with some very particular and hard to find strains and hybrids) be of your interest because of its pure and inbred descent. Even if it doesn't interest you for its breeding potential, I'd reccomend adding it to your garden at least once somehwere down the line for your own personal smoking pleasure...this is the "special treat" connoiseur strain in my stash at the moment :wink:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
can you EVEN imagine...

can you EVEN imagine...

how cool it would be to have a woman such as BV, DG, MrsG, MrsB, Natts..... ahh yes and of course I do love my MJ

here's my little girl she's a stoner... heh :smoke::yes:

this is Babe and she loves to snort, eat and toke bud... heh

G

LOL zep :D

What a sweet looking cannacanine :D...Bau Bau (in italian) Babe! :friends:

I don't know about the other ladies zep my friend....but I am no piece 'o cake so I wouldn't reccomend myself to just anybody, green thumb and all :biglaugh:

I'd be putting a videocamera above my grow and booby traps here and there to keep my significant other (who ceases to be significant where my garden is concerned) outta my plants...but only until they're done. Then the party can begin :D

P

Pound4Pound

HA I LOVE IT! instant responses only on the internet. What a great little world we inhabit when we come here.

Now I if a friend could grow out a few hundred seeds and find me a few moms and dads I'll try her! I'm not playing. lol. Thank you so much for the compliments. I have always thought of buying seeds and have found sites online here and there and the only one quite frankly that piqued my interest was seedbay and this forum. I never knew what the hell a forum was, I thought people in chatrooms were strange! Now I post daily and chat whenever I smoke near my computer. Its people like you and the others that really care about the knowledge, data, kindness, and truth within every thoughtful post.

Blue I will keep this one in mind, and that very berry you grew was righteous. I fruits and berries slap it on some herb and its all good in my book. Thanks again xxbluevelvetxx

G

I could grow out a few hundred seeds and find me a few moms and dads I'll try her! I'm not playing. lol

hehehehehe I have no doubts you are quite serious :D

Now I post daily and chat whenever I smoke near my computer.

I hear ya...there is such a wealth of knowledge and people willing to share it to be found on the net. If you learn to ignore the bullshit, and take all the good, you can only come away richer:wink:

The VeryBerry was the most gorgeous plant. As she was not "designed" with indoor growing in mind, but intended for growing outdoors, I felt a bit bad about having to give her a less than brilliant review taste and high-wise. She grew beautifully inside, and smells like Wild strawberries and lime, but the flavor and high are quite anonymous, though I've improved 'em a bit with a proper curing.

For this reason I passed the seeds I had left over to HOG (Hooked-on-Grown) who is growing them in the wonderful and great outdoors at the moment, to see how she performs in her recommended environment :smile:

P

Pound4Pound

THERE YOU GO! THIS is off topic but that is why I am not partial to fruitier aromas and or flavors because they tend to not be the most potent for a heavy smoker and they lack substance. A decent cure will in most cases improve certain varieties, but perhaps the trade-off with fruitier aroma lies in the cannabinoid profile of the breed. The sadest thing about selection sometimes can mean abandoning certain traits in order for others to become more likely to be dominant. Also I have also noticed that when I take an outdoor strain indoors even as a clone the results vary exceptionally. It certainly has to do with the spectrum, and mother nature's special touch (leaching, perfect rainwater, beneficial fungi&microbes,etc.)which some are gifted enough to emulate with gusto, but I am just a simple man with very little propensity towards perfecting my indoor performance only because it would slow me down.

Haze is a typical example, ever grow out a 130day haze outside and one inside? Its like smoking reggies (regular seeded brick) and crippy (killer weed), night and day. Literally, LOL! Sorry to go off topic. I will do one of these reports soon. I'm sold.

Blue Velvet, I just want to thank you for giveing a most excelent report! triple thumbs up my friend. You just convinced me of my next batch of seeds to order. Thanks & PEACE

G

Urban Spaceman said:
Blue Velvet, You just convinced me of my next batch of seeds to order. Thanks & PEACE

That's what this forum is all about. Hope you enjoy more of it Urban Spaceman.

G

Thank you all :smile:

P4P I know that selection in breeding is a mixture of alchemy, common sense, and creativity along with a big dose of good luck, and it must be difficult to decide which traits one may want to suppress in favor of others. I have immense respect for breeders and their work. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing a report from you :wink:

Urban Spaceman, that's it! Comments like yours make the effort that went in to producing a smoke report in this format worth it! The idea is to provide all of the necessary info including grow specs so people can actually decide if the strain, other than being good to smoke, is also adaptable to personal grow conditions and setup.

Have you ever spent more than a few bucks on seeds just to find out that the plant in veg has odor levels so obnoxious that the entire block smells to high heaven? Or that you unwittingly planted a strain which you intend to SCROG in a cab with 3ft of vertical space only to find that at 10 days veg you have 5 inches left over in which to raise your lights?

Smoke reports IMO are about providing unbiased information on how a plant smokes of course, but also provide in a nutshell that bit of extra but important detail which you'll hardly ever find in a strain description, but could make all the difference in your decision. Personal experience, nothing beats it...and it should be made available to others.

Enjoy your Maple Leaf Indica, a fine smoke indeed!

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
BV

BV

An excellent post and report!!!!Good to hear Sensi is still putting out some good seed.
Were some much better than others?How many females did you have from the pack?

G

xxbluevelvetxx said:
Smoke reports IMO are about providing unbiased information on how a plant smokes of course, but also provide in a nutshell that bit of extra but important detail which you'll hardly ever find in a strain description, but could make all the difference in your decision. Personal experience, nothing beats it...and it should be made available to others.

That's exactly how I feel Blue, but you've spoken it so eloquently.

C

Chamba

Excellent Blue.....you've raised the bar as far as grow and smoke reports!

I fall in love with just about every new strain I grow...but often, for me anyway, it takes more than a few weeks or even months to get good look at the strain....the newness and anticipation seems to add a few points, but the real test is if that strain keeps me coming back to it month after month..many do not which is why I grow lots of variety to help counteract this problem. Many stains high "impact" fades once I get used to them, thats normal, but some that were seemingly quite good become rated as very ordinary after an ounce or two has been passed around and smoked, compared and rated..and often with sativas, the high improves immensely after 2 or 3 months of being sealed in glass

Ideally, the best way to rate a strain is to grow out the seeds and then base the report on the following clone grow

G

Capt. Crip said:
An excellent post and report!!!!Good to hear Sensi is still putting out some good seed.
Were some much better than others?How many females did you have from the pack?

Hey Cap, sorry I just now saw your questions. The Maple Leaf Indica I grew out was a single seed, karma smiled on me and blessed me with a female of some of the most surprising indica smoke I've had in a while. Very very nice, and IMO this particular strain needs to be seriously re-evaluated, the potential is definitely there for you wonderful breeders who can recognize a quality addition to their stables of moms and dads :wink:

southpaw

barryauto said:
maple leaf indica what a beutiful plant very nice stone but can get very tall but all in all a great smoke

Very true. Vegging three right now and one is pushing damn near 10" at four weeks from germination. Vigorous as hell.

Latest posts

Latest posts