What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lighting Question

canabuder

Hi,
I have a question, I have 2 closets, one for veg and one for flowering.
I have 150w metal hilide in the veg closet and 250 hps is the flowering closet.
I have another 2 cfl lamps that I can use to get more light.
One is a 65w warm light and the second is 150w day light.

So I wonder which option is better,
Option 1:
Veg: 150w metal hilide + 150w cfl day light = 300w of day light
Flower: 250w hps + 65w warm light = 315w of warm light

Option 2:
Veg: 150w metal hilide + 65w warm light = 215w of combined lights
Flower: 250w hps + 150w cfl day light = 400w of combined lights

Thanks in advance!

Anytime your putting HID high intensity discharge lights in a small area you’ll need a lot of ventilation. 6” 8” 12” inline fans work well. Without that it’s a heat issue you don’t want to deal with.

option 2 will give you the best results. more light in flower means a higher yield and 'day' light has been known to increase resin production when mixed with 'warm' light in flower.

canabuder

I control the heat with cooltube, a fan that take hot air out and a another fan that bring air in, I also use air condition 18 hours a day, so the heat is not an issue, also the cfl should not add much heat.
btw the flowering closet is 80X80X180 and the veg is a smaller closet.

canabuder

Thank you stemznseedz!

And regarding the veg closet, should I add the warm light to the day light, or that day light is enough for veg?