What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side grow. 630 CMH vs 1000HPS

JROCKIN

A couple more questions about sm90 for Issack or anyone else who has used it. I seen someone say sm90 messed up the calibration of their pH meter. Is this true and has an one else experienced this? Also after this barrel of soup runs out I plan on not running the sm90 again unless needed. Ive heard it leaves behind an oily residue, is this true? Is there anything I should or shouldn't use to clean out my barrel before refilling it?

In regards to shielded vs unshielded bulbs? I have experience with 1000 watt DE Hps and MH.....
It turns out that the MH bulb isn’t made from glass and emits harmful UVC rays. It must be used with a glass hood.

Dirt Bag

Do not make excuses. Just say ok. Use products safe for cannabis smoke. At the least quit offering advice. Everyone deserves poison free smoke.

If chlorine is poison, the government has been poisoning everyone for decades.
Tighten up bro, your ignorance is showing.

heatherlonglee

I'm finally here! I tried to stay away and not bash the fans boys great thread; I just couldn't stop after reading this trash.
I would replace that 600hps with a cmh 315 and totally kill it in your tent.
The above quote will not be tolerated!:snap out of it:

Jrockin is running a 2x4 tent! Isaack suggests going down in wattage and still a single source point of light? Issack makes it sound so easy to "kill it" I'm here to call shenanigans.

Starting with Issack's post #71 I'm starting to see photos of buds I just don't like. To be specific I don't like the shape of the buds. Post #79 again don't like these shapes on my buds to many small foxtails going every direction, this is bad for quality. Isaack post #80 again a perfect example of poorly shaped buds. Issack post #90 is trash bud! Why all the fan boys love the pictures? Isaac post #96 second photo down; this photo especially just makes me wonder?

Sure Issack's veg and flowering plants look healthy but those bud photos Issack is posting are very questionable to me? Why post photo's of ugliest buds; or was the posted photo's Issack's best buds?

Red light wave lengths travel farther that blue light. These plants that Issack has on CMH side still got plenty of extra red light from the HPS near by. This isn't anywhere near a properly done side by side.

Beware of taking this thread as the final word on the subject.

For those who haven't read my previous post's in other threads on this subject. I prefer HPS for flowering weight, then last 20 days of flowering period use MH Blue. More harvest weight and quality over CMH, this method has been around for a long time. Sorry guys. lol

Last edited:

Dirt Bag

I'm finally here! I tried to stay away and not bash the fans boys great thread; I just couldn't stop after reading this trash.

Jrockin is running a 2x4 tent! Isaack suggests going down in wattage and still a single source point of light? Issack makes it sound so easy to "kill it" I'm here to call shenanigans.

Starting with Issack's post #71 I'm starting to see photos of buds I just don't like. To be specific I don't like the shape of the buds. Post #79 again don't like these shapes on my buds to many small foxtails going every direction, this is bad for quality. Isaack post #80 again a perfect example of poorly shaped buds. Issack post #90 is trash bud! Why all the fan boys love the pictures? Isaac post #96 second photo down; this photo especially just makes me wonder?

Sure Issack's veg and flowering plants look healthy but those bud photos Issack is posting are very questionable to me? Why post photo's of ugliest buds; or was the posted photo's Issack's best buds?

Red light wave lengths travel farther that blue light. These plants that Issack has on CMH side still got plenty of extra red light from the HPS near by. This isn't anywhere near a properly done side by side.

For those who haven't read my previous post's in other threads on this subject. I prefer HPS for flowering weight, then last 20 days of flowering period use MH Blue. More harvest weight and quality over CMH, this method has been around for a long time. Sorry guys. lol

CMH are better. Period. Better how? Longer lasting bulbs with a far superior spectrum that use less energy, produce less heat, and provide superior UV.
All with more points of light. Your argument is invalid. Also,

nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo :nanana:

Robney

Yeah I'm here to hate on the 315w CMH! Already hit a few other threads! It's nothing but a 315w bulb. It's 315 watts, and it puts out 315 watts of light. It's not equal to anything larger, nothing like a 400 HPS. Don't even think of building a grow room around these thinking you're getting 600w HPS type light intensity. The info out and about (no finger pointing) on these bulbs is wrong. My light meter says they're less intense, my eyes say it's less intense, and also my HARVEST says the light is less intense. I'm happy with quality of buds sure. But the loss of harvest size is just way to much to justify the switch.

To anyone who posted anywhere that 315w CMH is better than or equal, or even close to a 600w HPS :moon:

Heather, you posted this over a year ago. You obviously don't like cmh, but you grew out cmh and said you were happy with the quality, so you know that cmh produces similar quality to hps. So what's the point of telling Issack his bud looks like trash? Just to put another grower down? For all your shit talking cmh, I haven't seen you post a single photo for comparison or even post what the final weight comparisons were. Plus if Issack's bud smokes good and the customers are happy, who cares if you don't like what it looks like? It's not like people are buying herb to look at. No one asks for a frame along with a gram.

As someone who has seen your other posts, I haven't seen you mention running anything larger than a 400 watt hps, do you have any experience with a 600?

heatherlonglee

CMH doesn't have better UV than the MH Blue I'm telling you to use. :bashhead:

CMH is a decent bulb if you want to grow entire grow single bulbed. The future of weed growing isn't going to be a single bulb for a entire grow; that was a mistake to think that was possible, growing knowledge at this time has taken a step back because of the CMH fan boys. The future of weed growing will be different spectrums of light at different stages of growth. The future of plant biology/botany isn't give the plants all the colors of light; even distribution all the time every day the entire growth cycle.

U

useless.gardens

I'm multi degreed and don't understand your argument.

Right to the point, the future of cannabis growing is now. There are many options in ballasts, lamps, fixtures, Kelvin ratings, and more.

And, mixed spectrum lighting is nothing new, cutting edge, or futuristic.

I took the time to look at your comments on other posts... can't even find a photo.

Grow it ----> show it

I've been flowering under metal halide for over 25 years. I've rocked out high pressure sodium, LED lamps, MH, and combinations of all of the aforementioned.

Regarding CMH, I've never grown such beautiful flowers with any other bulb. Theory. Nope. Practice. Yes.

Also, I've seen quite a bit of research that indicates tons of UV does nothing "extra" for cannabis.

Real quality, or if you like outstanding flowers, mainly is genetic.

All day, for example, you can grow those Dinafem blue widow seeds under mix spectrum lighting , co2 , and everything else and it's not going to hold a candle to GG#4 grown under CMH w/o co2, mix spectrum, etc.

For a grower with just one or two tents, or a humble closet grow, CMH is the best most cost-effective option on the market.

For growers with large indoor plants counts, the options are endless. Still, I don't see how utilizing ceramic metal halide lamps is a negative.

picture.php

Last edited:

Americangrower

Veteran

nice...did you even read the thread..

71, 79 etc Those are the 1000w HPS side. nice work Heather

issack

Veteran
Wow I just logged on for the first time in a bit. I'm astounded at this newest hater of mine. Jezz heather. What did I ever do to you.? Lol

American grower I agree she didn't read this thread at all. And post 71 and 79 are definitely under the HPS light.

And as Robney stated. My customers aren't going to buy my weed and asked me to see pictures of the weed in flower and tell me they don't look good LOL.. every single person that bought from this crop shit their pants. People drove from miles across the island to come get my weed on this grow..it was that good. that Pineapple Chunk I harvested was absolutely amazing. I just dont see where someone could say those buds were "trash buds"? Dude.. that's another lever of crazy right there.

I'm astounded at people who post this crap..

All I did was post a side by side and tell everyone my honest opinion, and my absolute truth on the results. I got a half pound and more each light under the 630 cmh. opposed to the 2 lb under the HPS. the buds were better, the yield was better, the trim was better..the overall product is better.

I've been growing cannabis for many many years Heather, and I have grown under HPS that whole time indoors..I've done HUGE Outdoors ops. the whole nine yards It's My Life. I'm sorry but CMH is absolutely hands down better light than HPS.

The results are in my thread here.. I suggest you read it. It's amazing how these 400w tent Growers come in here and talk down and talk trash and say I have a bunch of followers and stuff and and suck asses. That post you just posted was just not needed ..seriously we're Community here, we all shared knowledge.. there's no need for aggression or stuff like that I mean come on..

why do people hate.?? I dont understand. There is guys on here that have 20 times the room I have and kill it, and I think they're badass
!!I love seeing their work. That being said I hope you have a great day Heather. Maybe you need to get laid...

Scrappy-doo

Pics don't lie. Anyone who's followed this thread can see clear as day 630w of cmh can compete with if not out perform 1000k of hps. Claims to the contrary looking pretty foolish to those of us that watched it happen with our own eyes.

issack

Veteran
Yes scrappy. I yielded a half pound more a lamp on 630 than 1000. It out preformed by miles. Better quality as well.. people are crazy bro.. lol

issack

Veteran
Here is some trash buds dosido at 36 days flower. Under cmh Dont they look like " trash"? Haha

picture.php

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Wow look how ugly that looks, I wouldn't touch it with a stick :D :D :D
People are strange indeed.

Huge respect issack!

Americangrower

Veteran
Issack I for 1 want to thank you for this incredible thread. I have been waiting to see a true side by side test, using the exact clones on both sides.

So thanks brother.. Don't let any haters, non-believers or whatever stop you from posting. Most of us here love your grows, I may be a lil jello of your room tho. LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts