What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Like every year, beautiful plants! I've grown zamaldelica last year(not big like your), i love the effect, very powerful....
If you are so patient that you have to wait for at least 5-6 months (or even more), you will have a wonderful scent and taste, try it for your self! ;)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Wow! What a beautiful plant. It really filled out. I'm a little disappointed that it is so late. I'm wondering if the high will go through a cycle of change and get more exhilarating again as the newest wave of pistils mature a bit more. Hopefully, you will get to test it and give us reports for all harvest windows.

I'm now convinced that the Zamaldecicas I grow next summer will go into the greenhouse to finish. I'll have to keep them small.

Congrats on getting to a point where you are comfortable in harvestig most of it.

This is the only thread that I read EVERY TIME you make an update. When I'm busy, I ignore updates to other threads sometimes, but not this one.
:tiphat:

Montuno

...como el Son...
...as amazing as beatifull...

The weekly update:
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

And a zoomed-in part of the same shot showing the dense frost. The trichomes are not big but very dense and together with the long pistils give a "white" look to the buds.
View Image

Unfortunately, the warm dry sunny weather will continue only for a few more days, and colder humid weather comes with forecasts for morning frosts after a week.

Great grower.
Salud!

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you for the good words, people! :)
This year we had (and are still having) a great dry and warm autumn. Perfect weather for ganja, wine grapes and everything else that likes dry and sunny autumn. I even had a few ripe figs from an ornamental fig bush for the first time, this particular fig variety manages to get ripe in some seasons in the area around the town where I live, but my garden is in a slightly colder place and this happens for the first time here.

Like every year, beautiful plants! I've grown zamaldelica last year(not big like your), i love the effect, very powerful....
If you are so patient that you have to wait for at least 5-6 months (or even more), you will have a wonderful scent and taste, try it for your self! ;)
I'll definitely have the chance to wait 5-6 months with the amount harvested... I'm still smoking (every day) Zamaldelica harvested in 2015, and I must say it aged very well and has lost little of its potency, only got a bit mellow. Many other strains (especially indicas) are weak after 3 years of cure, but not this one.

Wow! What a beautiful plant. It really filled out. I'm a little disappointed that it is so late. I'm wondering if the high will go through a cycle of change and get more exhilarating again as the newest wave of pistils mature a bit more. Hopefully, you will get to test it and give us reports for all harvest windows.

I'm now convinced that the Zamaldecicas I grow next summer will go into the greenhouse to finish. I'll have to keep them small.

Congrats on getting to a point where you are comfortable in harvestig most of it.

This is the only thread that I read EVERY TIME you make an update. When I'm busy, I ignore updates to other threads sometimes, but not this one.
:tiphat:
Hey, seriously, 'The search for trip weed' is the only thread I follow regularly :) I'm not very active lately, mostly just opening the site on my phone for a minute.
I'm too a bit disappointed by the late flowering of Zam#3. I was planning on making seeds, I have 6 seeds which I thought are from the Ace smelly male, but now I'm not so sure... as Zam#3 has some seeds from hemp pollen that are as late (still on the plant) as the 6 I collected. I also keep 2 clones of Zam#3, but the effect after cure needs to be really special in order to justify a November harvest. The Zamaldelica I grew in 2015 was quite faster (20th of October) and still very nice, and the most "trippy" plant from the pack was actually the fastest, harvested by a friend in the first days of October as far as I remember. So you can definitely find faster flowering and still good phenos in Zamaldelica.
Talking about this most trippy plant from the pack, I remeber that my friend gave me a jar from it and I noticed that the more immature buds, that have fresh pistils, were the trippy ones. I made an experiment where I separated a more mature foxtailing bud into mature flowers (with brown pistils, in the base of every foxtail) and fresh flowers from the top part of each foxtail. And when separated, the fresh flowers were also very trippy, but it seems mixing with the mature resin from the older flowers was not good for the cumulative effect. This is why I decided to harvest Zam#3 now - a mixture of old and new flowers (and resin) doesn't seem good, at least for the trippy wild effect.
Another reason for the seemingly early harvest is that I have enough Panama Haze for the times when I want something calming and pleasant, so I need a more stimulating Zamaldelica.

yoss33

Veteran
By the way, my friend who grew Zam#2 (from the beginning of this thread) guerrilla style harvested it 2 days before I harvested Zam#3. From the photos I saw on his phone, it had bigger and chunkier top colas, but with less "meat" down the branches. My friend says the plant had a very attractive fresh smell that one cannot stop smelling. The small bud leaves looked much thinner than the fan leaves of the young plant.
We had a smoke from a quickly dried sample, but I had smoked too much the whole day before that, so I can't give a proper opinion and will leave that for when I try it on a clear head.

yoss33

Veteran
The remaining branches but one were harvested on the 14th, 11 days after the main harvest, and 4 days after the last photos were taken. The reason was we are having a very cold wave with a mix of snow and rains.
The main harvest is still in paperbags, trimming was not bad at all for a sativa, took me "only" 2 full days, I didn't bother harvesting the lower larf on the branches, only the top buds. The yield is not weighted yet, but seems above a kilo. Much more than I planned.

The effect is quickly transforming with drying, at this point it is surprisingly pleasurable. An all-around effect that has it all and feels like the first times of smoking weed - wild, engulfing, emotional but almost always grounded and pleasant. Lots of joy and laughter in company. Red chinese eyes guaranteed. We smoked this at a party a few days ago and a friend who doesn't smoke (but is an ex-smoker and grower) told us he'd never seen us so wasted, and he'd seen us smoke a lot of stuff :)

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks :) And I'm doing exactly this - enjoying the Zam while watching and listening to the rain outside, waiting for it to turn to snow as the forecasts tell.
I just tried the later-harvested buds for the first time, and the effect seems more clean and calm. While the earlier-harvested buds still have a somewhat greenish flowery smell in the jar, these ones smell predominantly of some petrol fuel - a much more "mature" smell.
Before harvesting the plant, I was afraid from the early samples that the effect is getting too calm quickly, but now that the buds are curing in the jars, the effect is becoming cleaner and sharper, and proper sativa speedy wild initial rush is replacing the heavy entrance of the early samples. I can only dream and wait to see what it'll become after a year of cure. It is definitely not harvested late :) I just love how speedy these sativas can be, without a trace of heart and blood pressure problems, all in the head.

Part of the main harvest:
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And of the later harvest:
picture.php

picture.php

I'd say this plant can rival the resinous Dutch Haze hybrids (like SSH) in trichomes, without having any Indica hashplant genes. Guess it'd look truely frosty if let to "ripen", just for the looks or how some people actually like it.
picture.php

picture.php

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today. [/FONT]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss :)

Congrats on your outdoor harvest and thanks for revisiting Zamaldelica this season ... brings great memories of the great Zamaldelica grow you did in 2013, i appreciate your interest in this sativa strain, hopefully this year plant is the pheno you were looking for and gave you enough quality sativa buds to enhance your days after next season.

yoss33

Veteran
Hey! The high of this plant is phenomenal and is more than I've hoped for! :) I'm delaying my final impressions because it's getting better and better by the weeks. The main (early) harvest is pure rocket fuel. In small doses (one hit) it's energetic, well-focused, positive and bright, sometimes truly euphoric, and if you smoke more, it can be devastating in an indescribable way, still positive but so mind-bending. There's strong inner glow and peripheral electricity that seem like body feelings but the body in the same time sends signals that is in perfect normal condition, so all this fire must be in the nerves. Very mental and trippy!
This is the best plant of the Thai / African type I've smoked, and is the closest to the described effect of the mythical Thai of the 70's that I've only read about.

SolarLogos

The high of this plant is phenomenal and is more than I've hoped for! :) I'm delaying my final impressions because it's getting better and better by the weeks. The main (early) harvest is pure rocket fuel. In small doses (one hit) it's energetic, well-focused, positive and bright, sometimes truly euphoric, and if you smoke more, it can be devastating in an indescribable way, still positive but so mind-bending. There's strong inner glow and peripheral electricity that seem like body feelings but the body in the same time sends signals that is in perfect normal condition, so all this fire must be in the nerves. Very mental and trippy!
This is the best plant of the Thai / African type I've smoked, and is the closest to the described effect of the mythical Thai of the 70's that I've only read about.
I've been meaning to comment on your grow my friend, it has been truly spectacular! Love the pics of, especially the last ones, LOOK at all those trichomes!
That is a very accurate description of the Thai I had with the red string in the later 70's up in N. Cali that was going through at the time. You know you're functioning on the physical manifest universe, but your higher conscious is in that other world (needs no explanation on this forum), where father time takes a nap and you are conscious of every moment, while the lower rational mind is suspended. That is why I love good sativa, because not a lot of strains these days will take you there.
Thank you for a wonderful description of the high, brings back good memories of that Thai I wish so bad to relive.
Peace, God bless

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, SolarLogos! I hope that with modern communications and logistics, and more people showing interest in genetics capable of bringing such highs they'll become more and more accessible and even better!

Four months of curing, and Zam#3 is a little cleaner in effect, but still a beast of a high. Here's a link to a post of mine, made in another thread, about Zam#3's early effect; putting it here because it contains a funny story that I'm too lazy to repeat:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8515066&postcount=3960

So, here go some 4 months of impressions and a bunch of fresh photos of a few average buds.

picture.php

The buds from the south part of the plant, with more direct sunlight, are denser, more pale and are curing to a more yellow and grey color. The buds from shadier parts (insides and north part) are still green. The difference in effect is more pronounced, so I'll describe these 2 cases separately:
- the tight sunny buds deliver a more potent, intense high with a hammering beginning. The smoke is thick and smooth, but very expansive in the lungs. Flowery smells of the freshly chopped buds, tasty sweet creamy wood is the aftertaste. When you take a big hit, it really hits you both in the lungs and head (like a baseball bat), and it feels like a challenge to regain control. And you don't really gain it, the train just picks you up, you forget what you were doing, how much you smoked, you forget for a while that you smoked at all, and become engulfed in your thoughts and deeds. All this time the body is buzzing pleasantly with energy. The hammering beginning can also be confusing and dirty, pure raw power, but it somehow is still enjoyable and pleasant. What I find interesting is that the more is smoked, the clearer and more electric the effect gets, instead of more and more dirty and heavy. The first hit from the pipe hits with the baseball bat, you get like in hazy clouds, then you take a second hit and as if your head pokes above the clouds where its the same normal world as below the clouds, but all in electricity and sparkles.
- the fluffy green shady buds have a more subtle effect that gently picks you up and sends you dreaming on a flying carpet, sharp yet warm all the time. A more "sativa" experience that again can get very strong, just not with the hammering beginning. Smell and taste are milder, smoke is not so expanding in the lungs. I guess this is what one would also get growing this cut indoors or in a bad season, at lower light intensity. Not bad at all, and to me comes to show that you don't necessarily need the sun's intensity (at least not for many hours in the day) to get the "trippy" effect. You gain potency and intensity of effect under the strong rays tough. And some extra resin as can be seen from the 4 photos bellow:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

- the late-harvested buds, of which I have only one nicely-compacted jar, are more calm mentally, though they still have the electric body. It seems they haven't lost their mental trippy substances, but in addition contain a new substance that blocks them, because when I smoke a mix of early and late harvest, I get a mostly late harvest effect - the effect of the early harvest has been blocked.

I so much like this cut that it inspired me to do my first attempts at "breeding", trying to preserve and why not enhance it in seed form, just as a personal hobby. I'll soon create a new thread on this as the contenders for an initial male to cross with have recently sprouted.