What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse learning experiments.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Phew… I feel you Farmerlion, waiting for the seedlings to sprout or develop is really hard!

I got my leonardite:

attachment.php

Looks coarse due to humidity, it is a very fine powder that "melts" instantly darkening it when touching damp soil.

Will prepare the soil for repotting the outdoor plants and leave it maturing in the meanwhile, couple weeks I guess.

Farmerlion, do you make a heap and let maturing there, or will mixing everything on a e.g. bucket, throw some worms in and leave it there be better?

Do you take preventive measures to "protect" the plants from pests? neem oil?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, sprinkled mine in layers and mixed as I filled bags. I have used it in my water as well. 1/2 cup in old blender with my water. Mix well then I used 200ml of concentrate in a 2gallon watering jug. I will do this once a week, this won't burn plants t all. The Leonardite helps retain moisture. My Sour Diesel is loving it so far. The newer seedlings will wait another week before I start with them. It dissolves very quickly in water.
I sure this will work well for you. I'm blending some kelp with the Leonardite in varying amounts and let it steep in the sunlight. When I start feeding I'm going to add the Neptunes fish and seaweed into the blender with the other concoction. Have a great week brother. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, I forgot about the worms. I could have added them already. Just been really busy, I will get them in the next week or so. I might get a flat with a thousand worms. What I don't use the birds can feast on them. Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
5-19-2018

5-19-2018

Hello Ace family, here is a few updates on the plants that are up.

This is a Panama D/C (Deep Chunk) that is outside with two Erdpurt's. She has an odd leaf structure so far, looks like clover?

These two are my Early Bubba Hash plants. They are sharing a 45 gallon grow bag.

One of two Auto Malawi F4's sharing a 45 gallon grow bag.

Two Lebanese std plants in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. The other two Lebanese are up and in their own 35 gallon grow bags.
:tiphat: Peace

deepwaterdude

Hello Ace family, here is a few updates on the plants that are up.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1851353&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This is a Panama D/C (Deep Chunk) that is outside with two Erdpurt's. She has an odd leaf structure so far, looks like clover?

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1851349&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
These two are my Early Bubba Hash plants. They are sharing a 45 gallon grow bag.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1851350&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
One of two Auto Malawi F4's sharing a 45 gallon grow bag.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1851351&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Two Lebanese std plants in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. The other two Lebanese are up and in their own 35 gallon grow bags.
:tiphat: Peace

Nice little babes and wise strain choices, farmerlion. You'll and we'll get to see some nice finishes this time around;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
other updates

other updates

This is the largest and first plant to come up. It's an Original Sour Diesel.
I'm still germinating some seeds. Not sure why, My Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f3's didn't want to join the party. So I was going to use the now empty 45 gallon bag for two (Purple Malawi x PCK#47) x Purple NepJam's. Those seeds have been on the seed heat pad in Paper towels for a week and a half. Of the four seeds one has popped, but no tap root after two days. I planted her anyway to see what happens on her own. This saddens me, I really wanted them to be grown out this season. I don't think it's going to happen.

I had one Bubba Kusk x PCK. I put her in the tray and she had a tap root by morning. It is now in a 45 gallon bag waiting for a partner. In a 60 gallon horse trough I have three seedlings outside. Two Original Glues and a Panama D/C x PCK. If any of them don't come up I will replace with something else. My Lebanese x Erdpurt are reluctant to join in yet as well. I placed two more in the tray this morning. If the ones in the GH come up I will put these two outside and cull the Original Glue's, or buy another trough???

I'm off to do a water run soon. The lake has been ice free for a week but the water is wicked cold still. Last week filling 5 gallon jugs with waves hitting me tested my resolve. Oh how I love this plant! Peace:tiphat:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I'm off to do a water run soon. The lake has been ice free for a week but the water is wicked cold still. Last week filling 5 gallon jugs with waves hitting me tested my resolve. Oh how I love this plant! Peace:tiphat:

Haha :D A dutiful farmer getting the best resources from nature. Nature makes you work for her goods.

Looking forward to more :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Change of plans...again??

Change of plans...again??

Kalbhairav, yes she does. It does show how invested we become in this passion of growing cannabis. I still marvel at the thought people get paid to do this!

While contemplating on the porcelain throne. I decided to move the unique three leaf Panama Deep Chunk into the greenhouse. Only one of the DJ Short Blueberries has come up. So the empty 35 gallon grow bag will be the new home for the odd Panama D/C.
I have two more seeds of the Lebanese x Erdpurt germinating on the heat pad right now. If they pop I can move one out where the P D/C was.
So not everything has gone to plan this season. But when things change up on you, it opens new opportunities to be creative. I still have a week window to get seedlings up. :tiphat: Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Dunno why I didn't get notified on the user cp of your posts to this thread Farmerlion... a great surprise to see all the babies going! :tiphat:

I had thought on making tea with the leonardite too! effect is really noticeable, my vines exploded after a week of giving them... already dressed all the fruit trees.

That clover like seedling is a trifoliate, a genetic "glitch", polyploidism. They are usually fine though have slightly less yield.

Had one on previous run:

attachment.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Cannot find the leonardite quantities you used farmerlion, on mine indications are 6grams per potted plant, or 200gr per square meter if applied as top-dressing for the ground soil.

I have applied about a spoonful (generous) on potted plants, around 150grams per fruit tree "feet", and 200 grams per sq meter on the vegetables garden.

Just remembered I already watered with leonardite tea six potted plants and they have thrilled! I just watered with the washing water of the bucket I used to carry the leonardite (very fine powder) around.

The best soil ammendment I could have used for my otherwise great soil (slightly high on clay)! Soil instantly turns darker, the humic transformation is really noticeable.

Next spring I'll make a ton of nettles tea, just discovered they're a great insecticide and fertilizer, and I had heaps of nettles this year... (composting)

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, thanks for both posts my friend. Trifoliate..I learned a new word, COOL! I really liked the picture you posted with it. I'd never seen one before. Now that it's inside it will get pollenated by a Lebanese male if I end up with one. I'm happy that you are enjoying the Leonardite. Yours seem to be ahead of mine in growth. I don't know what that Panama D/C will yield? It really doesn't matter to me if it is diminished because of the trifoliate trait. I'm sure I will enjoy the experience all the same. I had a very unique China Yunnan last season. It turned out to be a duel meristem seedling. Each stem was a different phenotype. One was green and one was purple. It was the most interesting plant I've ever grown, a real blessing and joy. Nature is amazing, I hope this plant delivers the same level of intrigue. Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Guau! That should have been an experience! I'm sure we'll see interesting things on that trifoliate. Mine was slightly slower grower, and a male, so got culled. I really would like doing some crosses but no way of keeping males yet.

Peace! :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, my Leonardite had mixture rates for spraying farm crops. From talking to Cherie she stated any over feeding, ratios wouldn't hurt the plants in any way. She said they will only use what they need. So I just made up my own mixing ratio.

I can't believe how fast some of the girls are taking off. Some have doubled in size in the last day and a half. The first week is normal then BAM ! They take off big time. I have one 35 gallon growbag that needs a plant or two yet. I'm still holding out hope for some seeds to pop. If not I have some as a backup plan.

No work for tomorrow so I will plant the next seed to germinate. I will most likely double up this last bag. Hope you all had a great weekend.
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion,

Yes, trifoliate seedlings usually grow slower, they are funny but usually they don't grow so well like its 'normal' sisters. Hopefully is not the case, we will see in upcoming weeks.

Glad to see the babies already coming out the soil ;) I'm sure they are going to enjoy their place and all the hard work you have put in the soil preparation and in the greenhouse.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi, they are getting to the stage of taking on their own character. Weather has been fair, still getting some rains but mostly at night.
I moved a stereo with Sirius satellite radio to greenhouse. The girls are getting Classic Rock 24 hours a day. I don't think they care, but I sure enjoy it.

Very busy holiday weekend coming up. Burying underground power lines and helping friend build deck for hot tub. I will post some updates if I can.
Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Farmerlion said:
I moved a stereo with Sirius satellite radio to greenhouse. The girls are getting Classic Rock 24 hours a day. I don't think they care, but I sure enjoy it.

That's growing with style! :biggrin: for sure the ladies will enjoy it!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
May 26th Update

May 26th Update

Hello all, first off before I post a picture. I want to thank Dubi. While having a germination issue, that could have only been my oversight and fault. I shared my experience with him. He wanted to replace the seeds, I felt it unnecessary as it was most likely my fault. So I did order another pack of seeds to somewhat repay his kindness. While I always look forward to getting cool male. This time I will have some reservation as I can't justify his immense level of character and kindness.
Dubi, you are a man of unequaled spirit. God Bless my friend.

Now for the updates, It has been warm and sunny. Many of the plants are in varying stages of growth.

Outdoor horse trough with two Original Glue's on ends and a Panama D/C x PCK in middle.

Bubba Kush x PCK

EDY
NYCD x Second Sight
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
May 26

May 26

Early Bubba Hash in a 45 gallon grow bag.

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4

Trifoliate Panama D/C and a late flowering Blueberry.

Purple NepJam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
May 26

May 26

Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple NepJam f6.

Green and Purple PCK's x Panama Goddess. Green PCK on bottom of picture.

Original Sour Diesel

Two of the four Lebanese plants. The others are in single 35 gallon grow bags. These are doubled up in a 40 gallon grow tub.
That's all for now. I hope you all have a great weekend. Peace :tiphat: