What's new

Looking for advice on what macro lens to get (olympus e-pl1)

Therealzemi

A copy paste from a post i made in another section. As this seams like a better place to ask :)

Greetings :)

As i enjoy taking pictures of my plants, i am now looking to get a macro lens for my "Olympus e-pl1" camera. I am likely looking at a low to mid range price class. Main requirement is, that i have to be able to take fairly sharp tricome shots.

What would you guys recommend to get? Please have in mind, that i am located in Europe, so it needs to be available here :)

Link to my Camera: http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2010a/nr100203epl1e.jsp

OlDirtyHuman

I recommend the Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 3.5. I used to have the e-pl1. It can take some great pictures and it's compatible with canon remote flashes too so you can get cheap Yongnuo lights for it.
Found a few macros I took with that setup.
picture.php

View image in gallery

Or try something with extension tubes on a lens you all ready have it's a super cheap way to see if you like macro. Pretty sure I took these with a Sears 100mm on extension tubes with a handheld flash.

Therealzemi

Thank you for the reply :)
Looking at it as we speak. And i rather like it. And it gets even better when i check the pricetag :)

Latest posts

Latest posts