What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weirdest Most Exotic Cannabis Strains?

What are cannabis strains with the most bizarre shapes and colors?

Finola is weird because it's so straight
Ducksfoot has odd webbed leaves
There's a variety that has purple veins on the leaves, that's cool (dont know the name)

auto's are weird, only recently existed
super auto's are weird, exist since 6-7 years too

... Please help me to find some strange cannabis.

The only one i can suggest, which not alot of people have heard of is... Co-Dominant Auto-and-SuperAuto... Could also be called Co-Dominant Small Ruderalis and Large Czekoslovakian Ruderalis... 50 percent of the hybrids of both plants are codominant, which means they are neither auto nor superauto pheno's but a precise 50/50 mix, like kindof Huge Auto's 2 meters tall, but they don't side branch properly because they are budding and vegging at the same time.

Rinse

Veteran
I guess ABC (Australian basterd cannabis) would have to be included, even more stealth than ducksfoot, apparently the smoke isn't so good and its low THC.

4292-abc_leaves.jpg

Oh cool! that's awesome! they should check that genetically to see how it relates to other cannabis.

Please post your best pics everyone of Finola, Ducksfoot, purple leaf veins, extra blue, extra white, black, bizarre varieties.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most of those traits ya listed are fairly common...
Finola's hemp...

ABC's been aroud for quite a while...
i think it's one of the more exotic cannabis plants but not very desirable by most.

Mutants are fun to watch grow & sometimes they're stellar for smoke/meds.

Onewitnessus

I Believe I have found an odd strain

I Believe I have found an odd strain

This plant is growing wild (I won't say where). It can be smelled from about 15 feet away (which is what drew me to it). The smell is unmistakable. When you crush the leaves it's even more unmistakable. Unless I'm mistaken I've found something unique. Here is a picture of the buds.
FF%204_zpsongn9glb.png

The leaves have a very unusual arrangement up and down the stem. There are clusters of between 5 and 8 leaves growing in tiers (a few sets of leaves above one another). UP to 3 tiers. Here's how they appear in arrangement on the plant:

Arrangement%20on%20Vine_zps7sbkaaed.png

In other places on the plant you might see the following double tiered arrangement of the leaves:
Actual%20Leaves_zps88hqhub8.png

The stem and the leaves start out green, but I've noticed as the plant matures the stem goes reddish brown and gets hard like a branch, and the leaves start turning ALL RED. I'll get pictures of this today and upload them later.

I sent video of this find to an expert (I read about online). The next day they came with a road grater (the county did) and plowed under the very location where I filmed the plant.

Now that might be a coincidence but it might not be. They've never plowed that spot before. (I've lived here for 9 years).

So, let me know everyone, do you think I might have found some unknown wild cannabis?

rykus

Autos have been around for ever and a day.... There was an outdoor variety here locally when I was young I now think was probably seeds of pck someone brought back in the 70's or 80's... Before seed banks had it I'm fairly certain... Anyways the one pheno when our group first got them would go completely bright fluorescent pink... But the leaves remained green not purple... The bud dried to a beautiful dark purple instead of the black look the more purple pheno's had.... Very cool... Not the strongest but fully unique in our realm of colours... We called her cream soda and i very much want to search the pck available now to try and find her again!

Co dominant is a common breeding term meaning if a trait is co dominant it will appear in 50% roughly of the off spring...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
This plant is growing wild (I won't say where). It can be smelled from about 15 feet away (which is what drew me to it). The smell is unmistakable. When you crush the leaves it's even more unmistakable. Unless I'm mistaken I've found something unique. Here is a picture of the buds.
View Image

The leaves have a very unusual arrangement up and down the stem. There are clusters of between 5 and 8 leaves growing in tiers (a few sets of leaves above one another). UP to 3 tiers. Here's how they appear in arrangement on the plant:

View Image

In other places on the plant you might see the following double tiered arrangement of the leaves:
View Image

The stem and the leaves start out green, but I've noticed as the plant matures the stem goes reddish brown and gets hard like a branch, and the leaves start turning ALL RED. I'll get pictures of this today and upload them later.

I sent video of this find to an expert (I read about online). The next day they came with a road grater (the county did) and plowed under the very location where I filmed the plant.

Now that might be a coincidence but it might not be. They've never plowed that spot before. (I've lived here for 9 years).

So, let me know everyone, do you think I might have found some unknown wild cannabis?

Do you expect me to believe this bullshit story? And now it's gone-convenient.:laughing:

Onewitnessus

Do you expect me to believe this bullshit story? And now it's gone-convenient.:laughing:

It's not gone. I know where plenty of them are. The particular one I photographed is gone!

I have saved plenty of these plants besides.

The only reason I mentioned that one patch being plowed over was because it's just odd.

Onewitnessus

And oh, by the way, I don't give a rats **** if you believe me or not. I was just hoping someone might recognize this plant and give me a name for it (if it indeed is not what I think it is).

I've scoured the internet looking at the local wildflowers in my region, I can find NOTHING like this anywhere.

I guess I'm going to uproot one and take it to the local university.

As far as you accusing me of bull shitting, I have absolutely NO MOTIVATION to do that.

Did I mention I have VIDEO OF THIS?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Co dominant is a common breeding term meaning if a trait is co dominant it will appear in 50% roughly of the off spring...

Not quite. Co-dominant really means that one allele does not "dominate" or mask the presence of another. One way to think of it is with white and red flowers on different plants. If you cross red x white, the result is pink rather than red being dominant to recessive white.

In Cannabis, the best example is crossing High THC with High CBD. If you make this cross, you get plants with intermediate levels of both THC and CBD. Neither is dominant over the other, or put another way they share dominance - i.e. they are co-dominant.

On topic - J-Icky is right, that plant ain't cannabis

-Chimera

rykus

Hmmm ... In snake breeding traits are considered co dominant if they pass on the trait at approx 50% of offspring... Like motley or jungle patterns... Some are located in the same alle and combine but others remain independent and can express both traits individually...like an albino motley... We're as the jungle gene will break up the motley pattern creating a different expression...

Interesting.

Plants share similar compounds...look at the biodiversity of terpenoids. It would be unique if it contained cannabinoids because only cannabis and mammals do. Chances are it may have some other goodies. Chances are it could also contain poisonous ones along with them. Only one way to know.

Natures full of good things...and bad things...I've gotten high off of lichens like the Pima did...and have done delerious damage to my liver after eating what I thought were oysters...they were angels wings. Good luck. If uni doesnt help ask a botany forum. I always wanted to isolate star jasmines compounds separating the ibogaine from the toxic stuff they use on cancer patients but alas...

My point is read up on whatever you bioassy first. It's a cool looking flower. I always trip out when I'm somewhere in nature and smell that stinky floral indole backbone...

Onewitnessus

On topic - J-Icky is right, that plant ain't cannabis

-Chimera

You may be right, but then again, this could be why it's gone undetected for so long with all the pot heads around. People like you see it and blow it off.

If you smelled it, you might change your mind.