What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you Chasing CBD??

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Hi,

High CBD strains are a relatively new phenomena to the cannabis community. Having had the opportunity to medicate with Harlequin (8%CBD/6%THC) I figured I'd share some personal insight...

Bit of Background
I've been using cannabis for 25 years... the last 5 years I've been 'medicating' with it. At least 'intentionally' medicating with it. Turns out I'm one of those folk that have been self-medicating for an underlying issue for decades.

My main issues turned out to be pain and autism and having cannabis around always helped life move a little smoother for myself and everyone around me.

The Last Few Decades
My cannabis use has increased, as has my access to high-end genetics... or is it the other way around?

Turns out that it's actually the other way around. My issues are lessened/negated with the use of cannabidiol (CBD) and the cannabis I've been using has been decreasing in CBD content.

I Had THE Cut of ECSD
Talk about a super-low CBD cut of cannabis. Ouch!
I would take a big huge bong rip and have instant memory loss. Looking for lighters in hands, hats that are on heads, sunglasses on face... that type of stuff.

No big surprise that I lost the cut through a mis-labeling incident... Right? :dunno:

High THC, Low CBD Cannabis Fun?
Yeah, if you don't have anything better to do than stand around high as 'uckall. Know what I mean? I'm more focused on getting my brain to function properly in the first place... I really don't need help with screwups. :D

Chasing CBD
So anytime I'm medicating with cannabis there are two effects that I'm aware of... how 'high' or 'stoned' I'm getting and how 'medicated' I'm getting.

With the majority of strains... I'm pretty high by the time I'm 'medicated' properly. I don't use indicas or indica-dominant hybrids much so you will hardly ever find me 'stoned.'

I recently medicated for a while with Harlequin and found myself chasing the 'high'... The exact opposite of what I've done for 25 years.

I'm so conditioned to be 'high' by the time I'm well 'medicated' that I have adapted to medicating by 'high.'

Harlequin doesn't get you high or stoned... period.

So here I am, smoking a few bowls... not paying attention and subconsciously toking until I'm 'High'.... which never happens so I keep toking until my conscious realizes what's going on. lol

A very welcome switch indeed. :D

Harlequin
I'm excited to turn half my next harvest into harlequin canna-pills... medicating to sufficient levels without getting 'high' or 'stoned' makes me giddy every time I think about it.

With the CBD levels going lower and lower because of prohibition... the cannabis I've been using has been becoming less and less effective, requiring me to use more of it. End result? By the time I've ingested enough CBD, I'm so high I have functionality issues.

With Harlequin I'm going to medicate myself sober! LOL

Keep it Clean! :D

Flying Goat

Great thread, Clean! :D

I'm old, so I don't like the racy, heart-pounding headrush anymore... But have a lot of physical issues, including fibromyalgia, and always have pain of some level, every day. Good days are a 2 or 3, but bad days can hit between 8 - 10.

One strain that has turned out to be fantastic for me is Pehkuruder. It's a ruderalis with a bit of tweaking... First time I smoked it, it was like I was outside in a snowfall without sleeves and could feel snow falling & melting on my head & shoulders - muscle spams disappearing. Solid Bottom also has this effect, and is a ruderalis from Czech Republic.

I have relied on these almost exclusively since 2008, and don't tend to build up a tolerance. I don't feel stoned.

I like to have a "medicine cabinet" full of, if not bud, at least honey oil of many varieties...

Casey Jones is a good uplifting one for mornings when you have to be able to move & get things done.

Black Domina for when you need to knock out pain & get some sleep.

Blue Mystic is good on migraines...

I like to have a wide variety of things in baby food jars. Then, with whatever herb I'm smoking, I can always run a toothpick line or 2 down the paper, or put a drop on top of a bowl in the glass.

I'm getting 4 top-bar beehives ready this spring (down here), baited with lemon balm oil, so when this big colony of bees about 50 meters from the house divides, it comes to our pond, with homes prepared & flowers planted, a pond, etc... and move right in. :D

Then, even if I have liter jars of bho or amber stashed away, nobody will think a thing. I just have to be damn sure I label those jars - in English! ;p

Cheers.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
lol... Awesome!

First time I medicated with Harlequin my back started to hurt... all of a sudden like. I shifted a bit and about 30 seconds later my spine shifted and a huge amount of tension was relieved.

Wow! lol

I'd love to grab the 'wrong' honey jar on those days when you just can't see through the pain. :D Looking forward to making some holy anointing oil with it for rubbing into my sore muscles.

I'm so glad I'm able to take part in this CBD revolution... I'm getting the shivers again... LOL

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Hi,

High CBD strains are a relatively new phenomena to the cannabis community. Having had the opportunity to medicate with Harlequin (8%CBD/6%THC) I figured I'd share some personal insight...

Bingo.I think lots of "older" folks have come to realize that we were benefiting form the use of Cannabis on a medical level without even knowing it.Now that we realize what is going on,we are on the lookout for strains that have an elevated level of cbds.

Good post.

Great thread, Clean! :D

One strain that has turned out to be fantastic for me is Pehkuruder. It's a ruderalis with a bit of tweaking... First time I smoked it, it was like I was outside in a snowfall without sleeves and could feel snow falling & melting on my head & shoulders - muscle spams disappearing. Solid Bottom also has this effect, and is a ruderalis from Czech Republic.

I have relied on these almost exclusively since 2008, and don't tend to build up a tolerance. I don't feel stoned.

I had actually been on the lookout for Pehkruder myself since a friend :) mentioned it to me,but didn't have a lot of luck sourcing that one.I know that there are those who look down their noses at autos,but I really think that they fill a need,and because many of the ruderalis strains carry decent levels of cbd,that they shouldn't be overlooked.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Bingo.I think lots of "older" folks have come to realize that we were benefiting form the use of Cannabis on a medical level without even knowing it.Now that we realize what is going on,we are on the lookout for strains that have an elevated level of cbds.

Yup, my mom seems much more willing to try RSO because I told her (IF I could find a CBD strain), that it won’t get her "high”. She seems unwilling to do it otherwise…Of course finding one is easier hoped for than achieved, (or it has been for me!)

…I first started to look into high CBD strains, (and Harlequin in particular), three years ago when Mesa started having seizures. I recently learned that people with AVN were able to SAVE their BONES with high CBD RSO and juicing…It oes w/o saying I’d much rather take RSO than go through another slow, painful bone death and joint replacement!

…I completely gave up on finding one, but now that my mom needs it too, I’m back on the hunt!
It’s just too bad that people horde these life saving strains…Sigh. I come here everyday to read about CBD, hoping I will find news about another CO disp. selling/giving out a CBD strain, (I worry there’s just not enough time to gamble on seeds.) It’s been a frustrating search, I love too many people who could benefit, so I can’t give up.

Glad to see CBD being discussed so much more! Spread the knowledge, TCG! Hopefully in time, this medicine and knowledge, will be so abundant that it will be there for the next family looking for a miracle, even if it can’t be mine.

Take good care of each other!
:wave:

P.S. My apologies for the recent posts from a frustrated, Negative Natty.
I need to take a time-out from the depressing research, along with several bonghits!

Last edited:

HillBilly1

Veteran
I love Harlequin.......... I grew one out last year and it was great... have you puffed on it for 2 days and then had something else? Wow then you get high hahaha.. I am back on the hunt for more Harlequin, I still have a little.. I find it works kinda like like a Muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen mix.. It had a good taste as well

TheCleanGame

Veteran
The taste reminds me a bit of Juicy Fruit... not bad actually. :)

Gonna be a few months before I have more... can't wait.

I'm sure there are going to be a LOT of peeps interested in high CBD strains... the "Not Getting High" part will be the clincher for a lot of people. "You mean I can relieve my issues without getting high???"

I can just hear it now. LOL

Keep it Clean!

I've had half a mind to make a inbred line with canatonic which is a 9-11 CBd-thc variety and it is just a matter of gaining the resolution and the strain I know it's floating around here somewhere

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Gotta get the right pheno of Cattatonic.
I have seen like 12 phenos tested, and their like 3 or 4
high THC, low CBD pheno's and a few that ARE Low THC, High CBD.

I am definitely in search of High CBD strains to make RSO, and I am also interested in
HAO, aswell.
High CBD cookies, Yum!

Is Pehkruder avail. in seed form?
if so, where.
My wife has Fibro. real bad, so this is one I need to find.

Peace; 1TT

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
I found what I hope is a source for Harlequin clones in CO…They will gift clones to anyone over 21...All that they ask is that you share cuts with others.
"CBD Free For All” http://cbdfreeforall.org/about/free-for-all
As soon as I heard I came here to post, hoping it might help someone else as well…

What phenomenal people, to make this plant available to people who need it!!
If this works out, my faith in people will have been completely restored!
There’s even a ‘testimonial' on the site from a guy and it sounds like he has what I have, (AVN)…
“I thought I was going to be in a wheelchair, but Harlequin stopped the degeneration.” Wow!!
This is the 3rd story I’ve heard like this! It’s enough to give me hope that I might save my other bones and joints…not to mention it's potential to help nearly every member of my immediate family, most immediately being my mom’s breast cancer!

I had heard people were sharing CBD strains like this, but I wasn’t having much luck. Time being a factor, seeds weren't the best option, I was growing more frustrated and anxious by the day, having spent countless hours searching/calling…I feel so relieved! *finger’s crossed*

Anyway, I hope posting this will help someone else on the hunt in the future!
I will post an update when I hear back.
Take care of each other.
:witch:

Edit:
1TWISTEDTRUCKER-
Sorry to bother you again, I wanted to send my regards…Having Fibro as well, I can empathize with what your wife is going through. Take care and good luck.

Last edited:

dddaver

Veteran
That part about avoiding a wheel chair hit home in that testimonial on that link (thanks natty). I recently started using a cane. Should have before but I was avoiding it, I'm only 58 for God's sake. My degenerative disk disease seems to be going at a faster and faster rate too. Wheel-chair bound would absolutely suck. I live alone, value my independence, and want never ever to be a burden on anyone.

You are on a special path Chuck.

I remember asking if ditch weed has CBD, why does it produce headaches? I think it is other stuff in it that does that. That ruderelis cross with hemp might work, just not so commercially viable to people chasing the high though.

Best of luck in your quest. :tiphat:

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I found what I hope is a source for Harlequin clones in CO…They will gift clones to anyone over 21...All that they ask is that you share cuts with others.
"CBD Free For All” http://cbdfreeforall.org/about/free-for-all
As soon as I heard I came here to post, hoping it might help someone else as well…

This is where I got my cut... anyone looking for a cut in the Summit or Park county areas is getting directed to me for it. LOL ;D

I'm just glad more people are hearing about it.

The reports go that war vets that haven't left their houses in years smoke a doob a day and can leave the house. Nightmares are gone too.

Slowly the word spreads...

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
That part about avoiding a wheel chair hit home in that testimonial on that link (thanks natty). I recently started using a cane. Should have before but I was avoiding it, I'm only 58 for God's sake. My degenerative disk disease seems to be going at a faster and faster rate too. Wheel-chair bound would absolutely suck. I live alone, value my independence, and want never ever to be a burden on anyone.
Hi there dddaver :wave:
I can completely relate to your avoiding using a cane and the anxiety surrounding your independence…It’s still really hard for me to ask for help and I hated even the thought of using a cane…I got my first at 32 and I cried. It crushed me. For a long time I only used at home b/c I was embarrassed, only using when I really had to, outside of the house. I just avoided going places for a long time. I’m so stubborn that for the last year before my surgery, I used an adjustable office chair with wheels to get around the kitchen, lol, using it to cook and do dishes. You won’t see stubborn me in a wheelchair!!
For the longest time I would limp around, making myself hurt more and screwing up my back in the process, rather than using a cane, all b/c I was stubborn and embarrassed. Eventually it got the point I no longer cared, it hurt too much to care and I finally accepted the fact that I needed it…So I put cannabis stickers on it to make it look less like some old lady’s cane and more like something that belonged to me, (I even had a little girl come up and put a sticker on it at a Furthur show, lol.) 8 months or so after my surgery, I found myself needing it less and less, but of course now as my other hip goes I find myself needing it more often…that’s life!!

And while I completely understand your feelings about it, I can’t help but feel a bit concerned that by not using a cane, you might be putting even more stress on your injured body and you could potentially make things much worse. I can only speak from my experience of course, (no medical degrees here!), I just hope you will be careful and might consider using a cane at least some of the time. Use my stupidity and stubbornness to your advantage! ;)

Join the kickstand crew dddaver!!

Please try to take good care of yourself, dear dddaver!! I’ll be thinking about you! :flowers2:

P.S. Have you tried CannaMilk??
Please PM me if you need a recipe; it’s amazing stuff! Particularly for severe pain.

dddaver

Veteran
Thanks dear. Well said. Stubbornness, yeah that's me all over. I had to absolutely need to use that damn cane after falling on my ass once too often. I have a hard head, bane of my existence.

I appreciate your concern sweety, but please don't worry, I'm one tough old dude and can and have weathered many storms. I have refused to let any docs cut on me. I have been told too many times by people that have often come out worse than going in for back surgery not to let them cut me. My brother-in-law had spinal fusion. Worked for awhile, but he's hurting again.

Glad to hear your operation was successful. Thanks for that link too. I live in a non-med state and the physicality moving to CO scares me, otherwise not much here holding anymore me except my failing bod. I find the Florida panhandle here, actually southern Alabama, is a strange place to say the least. I find it really weird how I, a fairly liberal and educated person from a big devoutly Catholic family in a small town in central NY ended up living out in the country, very rural, disabled, alone, in a double-wide trailer (fairly nice but still a damn trailer though) on 5 acres with 2 ponds, that the back of the lot in the brush had once obviously been the land owner's family dump site. I had asked the previous owner what was back in that brush before I bought it too. That divorce settlement bitch said she didn't know. BULLSHIT. She was just worried I'd back out of buying this if she told the truth. She had 2 teenage sons that had lived here. They would have seen the old abandoned car and the 3 huge piles of junk back there and said , "MOM, guess what we found!" I only retired from the AF 12 years ago to here to be near my retired folks, my oldest daughter and hubby and my grand-son. My wife wanted to buy this dump (literally, a dump ). The day she saw this joint it was all over except me signing the deed. It WAS really beautiful. But she's dead now. The folks are both dead. I see my grand-kids once in a blue moon. And I want... I need out. I do have a 26 year old daughter near me that has been having a rough go of it since her mother died though. She lives alone but needs my help still, and sage ;-P advise. I went off subject a tad there. Sorry. Something set me off. I guess I'm not used to people paying much attention these days. Scuse me.

I have some experience growing (successful closet organic grower for 7 years now) and I need to find some Harlequin seeds. Good place to grow, no near neighbors, don't even need scrubber. Cut would be cool but I think you need to live in CO to get one. I have the notion that like anything else that gets a big demand though, a lot of bs will be all around getting real Harlequin soon.

Thanks again babe. But PLEASE don't fret. I'm fine. I do appreciate the concern though. I just complain a lot when I'm hurting. :thank you:

BTW best of luck in the quest guys. I'm still thinking a ruderelis (Pehkuruder) cross with wild hemp might yield fantastic meds. Just not so big a commercial type strain though I imagine.

RetroGrow

Veteran

You are on a special path Chuck.

I remember asking if ditch weed has CBD, why does it produce headaches? I think it is other stuff in it that does that. That ruderelis cross with hemp might work, just not so commercially viable to people chasing the high though.

Best of luck in your quest. :tiphat:

I, too have multiple disc problems in my back. Had surgery, and felt fine for the first week. After the cortisone wore off, pain began to return. Now it's at the stage where it's crippling. I've applied for disability, but it's been two years already and the "process" is ongoing. I have been researching, and found that in Denmark, they have recently discovered that a large percentage of disc problems are caused by a bacterium, the same one that causes acne.
It might be worth looking into.......here are some links:

http://www.painresearchforum.org/ne...eve-some-chronic-low-back-pain-study-suggests

http://www.naturalnews.com/040354_chronic_back_pain_antibiotics_spinal_injury.html

http://www.idse.net/ViewArticle.asp...d_id=211&i=September+2013&i_id=994&a_id=24128

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/may/12/back-pain-ask-doctor-antibiotics

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803858

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Wow dddaver, it really sounds like you and your daughter need to get your tushes to CO ASAP!
I realize it’s a scary proposition, with many moving parts and not as easy to carry out, as it is for me to suggest…Just know if you did, you won’t be alone out here! There are tons of us 'cannabis refugees’, more arriving by the day! So you will be in great company, my stubborn friend! ;)
It’s not only beautiful here and the weather great, we also have 300+ days of sun/year! There’s tons to do, great food, loads of wide open space, and people generally, leave you alone…not to mention, the Constitutional Right to grow 6 cannabis plants!

I hope you will at least consider it; I’d love to call you neighbor!! :)
Please get in touch w/ me if you ever need to vent, dddaver!
My PM box is always open and I’d be honored to listen!

As for the CBD chase:
So today I (re)learned, that you can order CBD oil online, to any state and most countries!
This place makes high CBD RSO, chewing gum, vape carts, etc.…
http://cbdgum.networkofhemp.com/cbd-content/uploads/2013/07/COA-RSHO.pdf
Dixie Botanicals also makes a CBD tincture and supplement caps… http://dixiebotanicals.com/

I hope someone finds that helpful!
*edit* As in my prior posts in other threads about the dixie tincture, I am skeptical, yet hopeful, not having tried them.
I still think it’s worth mentioning so people in non-med states have options.

Wishing you all only treats, on this Hallows eve!
:witch:

Last edited: