What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobblehead

Veteran
Everyone is greedy. The mere principle of growing cannabis for a living involves greed on some level. Most of you would charge 15 grand a pound tomorrow if you could get away with it. I know this to be self-evident because I've read a history book before...

Please bro, cut the shit. The clubs make more than us because they had more capital to invest in this game, and as a result they are able to reap higher rewards due to their spot on the hierarchy. This self-pitying rhetoric about us poor, humble old dirt farmers just scraping by, trying to make an honest living whilst selling plant flowers for thousands of dollars a pound is embarrassing.

You're a venture capitalist, just like everyone else in society. Admit it.

I agree with this statement 100%. You can complain, or adapt to changing markets. You can be like the "big 3" aka "Detroit 3" now, and stick your head in the sand while the rest of the world is changing. Then you'll just get left behind. If it's no longer a profitable industry to grow and sell cannabis, find something new... :tiphat:

mrktwiz

as a patient, in nor cal i will still pay 55 to 60 for elite indoor, rarely
does the quality ever meet ever meet the price, street or club
i get on a average
2800 no problem to as much as 4000 on any given sunday i useually smoke it before i sell it :D
in 2011 i will finally change my growing style to acatully sustain a confrotable liveing by actuall make my garden pay for its self.
i belive, you reap what you soe ! and unfortuneatly people still
wana play UNO on pluto :D
AAA all the way
SPECIAL THANKS, MOSCA NEGRA,CSG,REZ,GRAPEVINE SEEDS,
KEN ESTES
RIP DR JAY

$4k??? :wtf: *cough*

C

CANNATOPIA

This thread needs to be binned. its just negative & unproductive. Just my 2

last words

a quality delivery service(s) paired up with a growers direct online/mobile connection similar to weed maps could under cut the clubs and change the game.

B

Bodacious

Or Names

Or Names

There is always money in high grade indoor and outdoor for that matter. If you have a better product than 90% of people it will always sell no matter if it is shoes, wine or weed.

for the love of money, the name game of weed is bout in town, the latest flavor of the week........
laugh.gif

Be nice if the strains could just be named by where they came from, i.e. parents, genetics. etc. I got a whole list of name Im gonna send to clubs and see if we can't change the game a bit,........
laugh.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/07/charli...r-tiger-blood/

I don't mind the Charlie Sheen, lol, just tell me whats in it. Im bettin you could find out what's in it easier than the DiabloOG, JupiterOG,etc. LMFAO, and people wonder why the general public don't think of it as medicine
rolleyes.gif

Anybody got a cut of the Mel Gibson? Looks like a sat dom to me....hehe.......

whodare

Veteran
last words

a quality delivery service(s) paired up with a growers direct online/mobile connection similar to weed maps could under cut the clubs and change the game.

yep, plus there isn't a store front for the feds to rape and pillage.

only problem is no 1 gram sales...

yep, plus there isn't a store front for the feds to rape and pillage.

only problem is no 1 gram sales...

as price drops, supplies increase, people will smoke more, eventually eliminating the need to ever have to buy weed by the gram again...(hooray)

if you could get an 1/8 for the price of dub that changes the game

If I lower the cost, I'm still selling more, even if my competition buys from me and re sells..everyone would still be getting theirs from growers direct

growers are happier because they have a community and forum strength in numbers and a vehicle to connect people to their product in a way that hasn't been done before

smokers are happy because they can actually afford to smoke and will be smoking more

win win

S

SicKSKills

there are already, and have been for a long time, thousands of delivery services that do the very thing you're describing....practically every one is just selling the product them and their friends grow.

I think most of you are missing the point here, the clubs aren't supposed to be profiting at all, let alone 3x cost, thats full retail profitmaking for any business. As soon as the risk was lowered for them they went crazy on the price gouging / profit making. If the meds are never to be SOLD then why do they charge SALES tax. Basically it just comes down to the fact that the entire mmj system in california needs renovation because it will ultimately crumble as it stands.

there are already, and have been for a long time, thousands of delivery services that do the very thing you're describing....practically every one is just selling the product them and their friends grow.

I think most of you are missing the point here, the clubs aren't supposed to be profiting at all, let alone 3x cost, thats full retail profitmaking for any business. As soon as the risk was lowered for them they went crazy on the price gouging / profit making. If the meds are never to be SOLD then why do they charge SALES tax. Basically it just comes down to the fact that the entire mmj system in california needs renovation because it will ultimately crumble as it stands.

i know this

but this will be different

the best growers direct ideas have already started and have been implemented in the 55+ communities through out my area. what happens is growers are willing to do growers direct prices and people are grateful.

There is no official clinic, they just meet in the meeting hall or designated meeting spot for the week and the patients are allowed to donate in exchange for medicine that doesn't break the wallet...

dig

whodare

Veteran

not really... any delivery service you go through its likely youll pay as much or more than a club, i do agree that the clubs are all a scam... they talk down the grower and keep retail the same or higher...

i know this

but this will be different

the best growers direct ideas have already started and have been implemented in the 55+ communities through out my area. what happens is growers are willing to do growers direct prices and people are grateful.

There is no official clinic, they just meet in the meeting hall or designated meeting spot for the week and the patients are allowed to donate in exchange for medicine that doesn't break the wallet...

dig

yep can you say 150 dollar oz's for the customer... that shit would fly off the shelves so fast youd have a hard time staying stocked even if you were a huge commercial producer...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope that is true Sacred, but I bet we get Colorado style regulation and taxes instead. Uncle Sam is never denied his share of profit or control, or at least he tries not be.

Hope that is true Sacred, but I bet we get Colorado style regulation and taxes instead. Uncle Sam is never denied his share of profit or control, or at least he tries not be.

change isn't easy

its something you have to push for

if you want to see the change sway in your favor, you have to do what you can to effect it

united we stand
divided we whattt?

David762

Please, let's be fair though ...

Please, let's be fair though ...

Please, let's be fair though ... the clubs / dispensaries have a far larger overhead than any grower/direct-delivery business -- bricks&mortar overhead, local fees&taxes, employees, etcetera with many tax deductions not allowed by IRS. Even non-profits do have a certain level of overhead expenses.

But I will not deny that there has to be a certain level of greed and price gouging when the owners are pulling down $150K+ in salaries, or resort to keeping 2 sets of books and a huge pile of cash squirreled away in a shoe-box in the attic crawl-space of their home.

:tiphat:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Please, let's be fair though ... the clubs / dispensaries have a far larger overhead than any grower/direct-delivery business -- bricks&mortar overhead, local fees&taxes, employees, etcetera with many tax deductions not allowed by IRS. Even non-profits do have a certain level of overhead expenses.

But I will not deny that there has to be a certain level of greed and price gouging when the owners are pulling down $150K+ in salaries, or resort to keeping 2 sets of books and a huge pile of cash squirreled away in a shoe-box in the attic crawl-space of their home.

:tiphat:

Id put money down that anyone complaining about the clubs has never ran one. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If you dont like clubs, grow your own. If you cant grow your own buy from a street dealer. The fact is many people enjoy the services dispensaries provide. Around here most street dealers get 45-50 an 8th with basically no overhead and clubs get 45-60$ an 8th and have a far wider selection of strains for people to choose from and the quality is usually better. But hey...sometimes people just need something to complain about and dispensaries are an easy target. Its funny how people complain about them and how they could run a much better operation but never step up and actually take the plunge. Most realize its not all the sunshine and lollipops they had once imagined...

TruthOrLie

Veteran
they get away with overcharging as a form of insulation in the event of a robbery or raid...

legalize the shit and we can all buy it for a fair price.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
they get away with overcharging as a form of insulation in the event of a robbery or raid...

legalize the shit and we can all buy it for a fair price.

It cost apple $15 for an iPad and they sell em for over $500. A product is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts