What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones in San Francisco, Oakland and surrounding areas (no spam, please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvthis

Very good to know about the AG. My only concern nowadays would be getting something that's either a makeshift substitute or a straight up misclassification. Do you remember how long ago you picked that up?

Just over a year ago. I haven't seen it sense when I go there, but one budtender told me they still do get it from time to time.

Last trip through I noticed they did have what looked like most of SR71's cuts for sale.

The name "Green Crack" was a dumbshit move IMO. Terrible to associate with a devil-drug like crack in any way.

BUT...Given the reputation of HS, they shouldn't be dicking around with strain names. People are plenty suspicious of them as it is. :)

I thought it was sr71/blue sky that renamed "green crack" to "green cush" but I could be wrong. I've heard that "dream queen" is the same as "green crack". Maybe sr71/bs should pull a prince and mark the clones as "the clone formally named green crack" and rename it as it's other name "dream queen".

Kinda off topic:
If you ever see something named "pot of gold" and you already have Hindu Skunk, don't bother getting it. They are one and the same.

Has it met your expectations so far, growing-wise? I know it's a slow vegger, but any general thoughts at this point?

They do seem to be vegging a little on the slow side, but they look real good. I'm gonna try a couple of new things. I will keep you all posted

trybud

Cush was the original name of green crack, back when it was in las vegas and probably when it came from georgia too.

shilling here!
There are some excelent xxx-chem(xxxog, tripple og, tripple og kush), dcxsc, and Hindu Skunk clones at harborside today. I could give a rat's ass about the other 20 or so excelent varieties they have in stock. Get that xxx, if you have a good set up then you will love it.

again shilling,
skoob

Don Juan

I thought it was sr71/blue sky that renamed "green crack" to "green cush" but I could be wrong. I've heard that "dream queen" is the same as "green crack". Maybe sr71/bs should pull a prince and mark the clones as "the clone formally named green crack" and rename it as it's other name "dream queen".

Haha...or they could assign an unpronounceable symbol to it. LOL, that would be funny.

Kinda off topic:
If you ever see something named "pot of gold" and you already have Hindu Skunk, don't bother getting it. They are one and the same.

Huh..any supposed relation to FD's POG, I wonder? I happen to be flowering a POG I started from a breeder's seed. Maybe they had some POG, but it was misplaced with a Hindu Skunk. lol...wouldn't surprise me.

:)

Don Juan

Just over a year ago. I haven't seen it sense when I go there, but one budtender told me they still do get it from time to time.

Last trip through I noticed they did have what looked like most of SR71's cuts for sale.

Do you think they're just copying BSky now? (I take it SR71 and BSky are one and the same). I wonder if they are the actual same genetics/cuts?

Interesting...verrry interesting.

Well, hey, if they can just keep from mixing everything up as soon as they get it...:)

No I don't think they are trying to copy bsky. They have way more choices than blue sky. It's not like most of bsky's cuts are "blue sky" cuts. DCxSC (millsabled), WW, and some of the others they grew from beans, vetted & now sell as clones. Hkxsk1, green crack, purple kush, and others they got as elite clones.
Just like XXX isn't MY cut, I didn't breed it.

kno3brock

shilling here!
There are some excelent xxx-chem(xxxog, tripple og, tripple og kush), dcxsc, and Hindu Skunk clones at harborside today. I could give a rat's ass about the other 20 or so excelent varieties they have in stock. Get that xxx, if you have a good set up then you will love it.

again shilling,
skoob

Skoob have your personally grown out said strains, do you have pictures and grow reports?

I ask because the majority of reports I hear from harborside are how disappointed the grower is with the so called strain that HS sold them. How the name of the strain in no way matches the results of the finished plant when compared to what is accepted.

personally, I'm not going to HS until I see some positive proof that they have straightened out there clone selection.

Q

quest

There used to be a time when a person involved with growing or selling weed had a sense of pride with the quality of their product. You would never have to "sell" anything, it sold itself.

What is so hard about starting with a quality product and letting it sell itself.

There are actually people out there who, in order to make a couple dollars each time, will sell you a shitty clone knowing full well how much time and effort you are going to waste on that clone? Or in the case of a dispensary, not make an effort to assure the clones are what they are being represented?

Why bother buying from a vendor if you are not sure of their product? To make an extra dollar or two a clone? And tarnish your rep? Doesn't make any sense.

nvthis

It's natural that clubs will get bad genetics. It just happens. There is no way for a club to test every cut before it hits the shelf. Eventually there will be enough complaints that vendors of questional quality will be weeded out. That sounds better than it really is because for every vendor weeded out, there are 25 new-to-the-scene wouldbe vendors with untested cuts ready to take his place

I am currently running 6 Purple kush from Blue Sky and 6 Purple Kush from Harborside (among others) and will compare finished products. They are in week 1 of veg so it's hard to see differences as of yet. Also running the Chem Dog and Chem 4 from there so I will report about those as well if I remember!

nvthis

I can tell you how that will turn out ;)

Where is the chem 4 from? I know HS had it for a very short time, but it was looooong gone before I could get there..

Don Juan

No I don't think they are trying to copy bsky. They have way more choices than blue sky. It's not like most of bsky's cuts are "blue sky" cuts. DCxSC (millsabled), WW, and some of the others they grew from beans, vetted & now sell as clones. Hkxsk1, green crack, purple kush, and others they got as elite clones.
Just like XXX isn't MY cut, I didn't breed it.

I thought perhaps HS was starting a collection of BSky cuts for sale, so they (HS) wouldn't have to worry so much about weeding out bogus vendors in the future.

Skoob have your personally grown out said strains, do you have pictures and grow reports?

I ask because the majority of reports I hear from harborside are how disappointed the grower is with the so called strain that HS sold them. How the name of the strain in no way matches the results of the finished plant when compared to what is accepted.

personally, I'm not going to HS until I see some positive proof that they have straightened out there clone selection.

I have grown out all the strains that I take to hs. I am planing a test grow with pics to show the strains that I am taking to hs & some that I am testing to see how they do. If you have any suggestions for strains that I should test, let me know.

I thought perhaps HS was starting a collection of BSky cuts for sale, so they (HS) wouldn't have to worry so much about weeding out bogus vendors in the future.

H.S. doesn't clone out plants, they use vendors. (at least from what I know.) As for getting the same cuts at harborside as at B.S., the elite clones should be the same. This includes (from what i know of elite clones) blue dream, hidu skunk, purple kush, green crack, and purple kush. These cuts didn't originate with oaksterdam nursery or B.S. Most where around for years before b.s. started cloning them.

As for b.s. og kush, I have heard it's not og really og kush. (just a rumor).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.