What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CDPHE Emergency

cococrispy

This caregiver definition is the one issue the state is trying to use as a fulcrum to halt the operations of "commercial" MMJ operations, as in dispensaries.
85%+ of the MEDS are being brought to dispensaries by vendors that have little to any ties with patients/caregivers . so this will do nothing to correct the probs and grey areas that still exist.

slappyjack

85%+ of the MEDS are being brought to dispensaries by vendors that have little to any ties with patients/caregivers . so this will do nothing to correct the probs and grey areas that still exist.

Not to mention, the illegal dispensaries just have to offer massage services and they're now 100% legal.

This is an idiotic decision no matter how you look at it. I'm not a doctor, I'm a farmer. I grow medicine for patients who have a doctor's recommendation. I don't want to pretend that I am a doctor, because IMO that would be fraud. I don't know any doctors who are also farmers, why? Because it's stupid to make a law that says doctors have to be farmers. The inverse is also stupid.

What the fuck do I do now?

I'm not a doctor, I'm a farmer. I grow medicine for patients who have a doctor's recommendation.

The late comedian Mitch Hedberg had a bit similar to this in his act:

As a comedian, I always get into situations where I'm auditioning for movies and sitcoms, you know? As a comedian, they want you to do other things besides comedy. They say "alright you're a comedian, can you write? Write us a script. Act in this sitcom."

They want me to do shit that's related to comedy, but it's not comedy, man. It's not fair, you know? It's as though if I was a cook, and I worked my ass off to become a really good cook, and they said "alright you're a cook... can you farm?"

slappyjack

If I have to become a doctor to grow medicine, I want a doctor's salary to go with it.

I'll start at $250,000/year. Nice round number, eh State of Colorado?

Something to keep in mind, the bureaucrats responsible for these ridiculous attempts to thwart medicinal cannabis are fully aware they have already lost this war and now they are just trying to make things difficult for everyone else as we try to move forward.

The will of the people has shown to be clearly for medicinal cannabis and all these bureaucrats have left to fight with are silly weak stunts like today´s that won't stand up over time.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
The will of the people has shown to be clearly for medicinal cannabis and all these bureaucrats have left to fight with are silly weak stunts like today´s that won't stand up over time.

Exactly what I've been trying to relate....get organized, group up, and fight, your power lays in your numbers....We had to chizle our way outta the extreme bullshit you could imagine, the bigger we got, the more the courts and LEO listened, they have NO CHOICE NOW.....however, even this long into our program, we still have to deal with the civilian haters, just last week, a complaint was filed in my city, stating that the smell of the HUGE...LOL...MMJ garden was attracting SKUNKS in their neighborhood, and smelling up their houses, this complaint was taken even tho its the most crazy ass shit I've ever heard.....

Just an example of what you will go thru during this time of getting Co, organized for the benefit of the people, NOT MR. KITE!!!

slappyjack

Something to keep in mind, the bureaucrats responsible for these ridiculous attempts to thwart medicinal cannabis are fully aware they have already lost this war and now they are just trying to make things difficult for everyone else as we try to move forward.

Except that the people who are trying to follow the law and bend over backwards to make sure that what they're doing is 100% legal still have the specter of PRISON hanging over their heads, the bureaucrats don't. The playing field is tilted to the bureaucrats even though we're the ones trying to solve the problem.

I do think this will get worked out eventually, it's just the unknowns RIGHT NOW that are pissing me off. No other business on Earth is treated like this. In the mean time I can't imagine going to prison because I'm not licensed to give therapeutic massage.

K

KermitTheHermit

One thing to keep in mind is that the recent DEA decision is to not prosecute people who are in compliance with state law. So according to this interpretation, there are suddenly a whole bunch more people who are not in compliance.

I call shenanigans! An 8 minute meeting? Baloney! Politicians can't even decide which shoe to put on first in half an hour. These knot-heads just back-doored their baloney legislation. I can see it now ..."We offer medical cannabis at 50 and eighth, or massage therapy (no "business mans special") for 250$ for a half hour"... perfectly legal, and with in guidelines, but nobody is gonna bother going to a dispensary for 500$ /per hour massage.
Typical political bull shit. ONE industry in Colorado is currently booming...people are working, paying taxes, money is exchanging hands, the economy is working, and here comes some bureaucrats to "fix" it. To borrow a conservative argument, let the free markets decide...if people want it, they will buy it, and business thrives. If they don't want it, don't buy it, and the business will go under. Till then, the Colorado gov't NEEDS TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY DECISION MAKING PROCESS!
sorry, i'm pissed off

cococrispy

I call shenanigans! An 8 minute meeting? Baloney! Politicians can't even decide which shoe to put on first in half an hour. These knot-heads just back-doored their baloney legislation. I can see it now ..."We offer medical cannabis at 50 and eighth, or massage therapy (no "business mans special") for 250$ for a half hour"... perfectly legal, and with in guidelines, but nobody is gonna bother going to a dispensary for 500$ /per hour massage.
Typical political bull shit. ONE industry in Colorado is currently booming...people are working, paying taxes, money is exchanging hands, the economy is working, and here comes some bureaucrats to "fix" it. To borrow a conservative argument, let the free markets decide...if people want it, they will buy it, and business thrives. If they don't want it, don't buy it, and the business will go under. Till then, the Colorado gov't NEEDS TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY DECISION MAKING PROCESS!
sorry, i'm pissed off
im with ya..well said !

Marshmello

sorry, i'm pissed off
applause.gif

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
Keep Chin up....and pounding away at ideas, and grouping, you can make shit happen in numbers....I've seen it happen with just these kind of problems!!!

You all in CO will prevail, its just a long and windy road.... ;)

Marshmello

I posted a thread about this story from yesterday as I didn't see it here on the board. I put it in the News section and it is waiting to be cleared I guess?
Anyhow, very strong opinion from the Author, a well known face lately in Our Neck o' the woods....

Stop the medical marijuana madness

By Robert J. Corry Jr.
Posted: 11/02/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

SAFE LINK: http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_13691103

Today, not much about Colorado's economy moves. The state is broke and releases prisoners because it cannot afford to keep them. The governor slashes the higher education budget 40 percent. People lose jobs, homes and financial security. Our leaders face serious issues.

And what keeps some politicians up at night? That sneaking suspicion that some suffering cancer patient may gain limited pain relief through medical marijuana, coupled with that gnawing certainty that someone, somewhere, actually grew the plant for that patient.

But government cannot repeal the laws of supply and demand, and cannot extinguish the spark of freedom in peoples' hearts. Now, the marijuana distribution chain becomes legal. Responsible entrepreneurs open shops to supply a skyrocketing demand for medicine. These small businesses serve needy patients. They pay taxes. They hire employees. They lease space. They advertise. And the drug war industrial complex can't stand it.

Most elected leaders have a good sense of proportion regarding this issue. A minority of politicians, however, avoid reasonable proposals to tax and regulate marijuana, and instead irresponsibly fear-monger in the worst tradition of Prohibition-era "Reefer Madness" propaganda. We hear racially charged tales of "Mexican cartels" supposedly running the medical marijuana business, when the truth is Colorado homegrown marijuana puts foreign cartels out of business, and it is law enforcement that enriches cartels through hostility to medical marijuana.

We hear local bureaucrats complain about dispensaries, and then in the same breath enact moratoria, thus granting government-enforced monopolies to the very shops that offend them, and shutting out newer entrepreneurs who would do more responsible business. Government can help lower the high cost of medicine, but artificially restricting supply has the opposite effect.

We hear unsupported anecdotal government propaganda about how dispensaries "attract crime," when the truth is these shops, which are generally open only in daylight hours, have security systems and are not open to the general public and only admit registered patients, and are safer than convenience stores, liquor stores, bars, gas stations or banks.

We hear government hysteria about how these shops should not be near schools, without a single documented case of a child obtaining marijuana from a dispensary. On Ninth and Corona streets in Denver is a small liquor store and a pharmacy, both legally dispensing drugs far more potent that marijuana, and both directly across the street from a large public elementary school. And this is not a problem. Children are not wandering in to buy narcotics or liquor. It is another example of an imaginary concern designed to justify irrational restrictions.

We also hear government officials with no formal medical training demonizing and second-guessing private confidential decisions of trained physicians who advise patients. Government should not interfere with private medical decisions.

Some officials even contend that although medical marijuana is legal, it is not legal to actually produce or distribute it. However, the Colorado Constitution legalizes "acquisition, possession, manufacture, production, use, sale, distribution, dispensing, or transportation of marijuana" for medical use."

If "sale," "distribution," and even "dispensing" are legal, then a "dispensary" is legal. And if "manufacture" and "production" are legal, then growing is legal.

Many of these proposals would drive vulnerable patients away from the well-lit, safe, secure, private, confidential medical marijuana dispensary and put them and their wheelchairs back in the dangerous black market.

There are two positive results of this government hysteria: Thousands more Coloradoans are aware that they have the option of being legal medical marijuana patients; and voters continue discussions of the wisdom of continuing Prohibition. This is a debate that freedom wins and government nannyism loses.

Robert J. Corry Jr. ([COLOR="Red"]www.RobCorry.com[/COLOR]) is a Colorado attorney specializing in medical marijuana.

Last edited:

slappyjack

Bottom line..

If you provide medicine for a legal patient, you must also provide undefined and open-ended "wellness" services for the same patient.

The real bottom line however is that the lawmakers can do whatever the hell they want at any time regardless of the law and in the process change a legal buisiness into an illegal business in the span of 8 minutes. Disagree? Too bad, your voice will not be heard.

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
Now thats the cat you all need going to bat, with a like minded, tough skinned lawyer that shares this same attitude, the get petitions going to change the changes, do this by getting organized, your better seen and heard in numbers, and it doesn't appear your lacking like minded numbers!!

You will prevail, we did.....

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
The real bottom line however is that the lawmakers can do whatever the hell they want at any time regardless of the law and in the process change a legal buisiness into an illegal business in the span of 8 minutes. Disagree? Too bad, your voice will not be heard.

We the PEOPLE...you guys are still the government not the elected officials, and Co is no more RED NECK than Oregon...LOL!!

Your voice can, and will be heard, you can't stop now because some group of idiots changes things, don't stand for it, however.....its going to be hard one or 3 persons at a time, need to group, get into numbers across your state, become ONE....takes time, but when your there, you all would be amazed at the results!!!

I think focus should be on getting together, talk positive about YOUR state program instead of bickering and venting (too much) on the small shit, get busy you guys, I know you can all do it over there....We did!! :D

cococrispy

Bottom line..

If you provide medicine for a legal patient, you must also provide undefined and open-ended "wellness" services for the same patient.

:fsu: how would they prove if one is a caregiver and if they are giving more care to the patients more then just supplying them weed? it seems its all based on screwing dispensaries? not private one person type patient/caregivers ?no? im trying to play catchup so sorry if im asking to much but im trying to see threw all the grey areas and other bullshit. thanks

slappyjack

We the PEOPLE...you guys are still the government not the elected officials, and Co is no more RED NECK than Oregon...LOL!!

Your voice can, and will be heard, you can't stop now because some group of idiots changes things, don't stand for it, however.....its going to be hard one or 3 persons at a time, need to group, get into numbers across your state, become ONE....takes time, but when your there, you all would be amazed at the results!!!

I think focus should be on getting together, talk positive about YOUR state program instead of bickering and venting (too much) on the small shit, get busy you guys, I know you can all do it over there....We did!! :D

We tried to voice our opinion today at the hearing and were not allowed to speak. It was a dictated law.

This is not "small shit", it is now precedent.

I'm in the process of creating a business and can't even get to square one because the law isn't yet established 9 years after it passed.

Nobody is giving up here, but most of us are seriously pissed off.