What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
MtnKush, thats about in line with the prices for em online (Subcools seeds). To be able to buy em locally is nice as well. Seriously dude, you're really starting to come off as a dick. If you don't want to be medical, no biggie. Don't shit on those of us that are... Your attitude is getting old....Chill out already.

Selfhemployed, the Dairy Queen sounds nice! I've been looking for C-99, thats sounds like a winner!

SweetBOG, I thought of the online dispensary bit, eliminate the overhead. I'd have them meet me in person the first time, to sign my paperwork and get a copy of their ID and card, as well as to get some free samples. After they're logged into the system, I'll have it to where they complete the transaction either over the phone or the internet, pay through Paypal or an online creditcard system, when the $$$ is confirmed, then a courier gets sent out with their meds. I'd only deliver in town within a certain radius, but I think it'd work out well! Gotta get a bit more established first... Time will tell...

Peace out people.... :wave:

SweetBOG

nothing i've read indicates there is any special treatment tax-wise for dispensaries. From a tax perspective, a dispensary is just fancy word for a person or team of people getting together, renting a space, and selling merchandise...just another store. You don't even need to start your own company (although that would be smart cause you can very easily deduct all growing expenses, genetics, etc.. by forming a Corp or LLC). All sales would be subject to at minimum state tax, but if within a city limit, the city tax, too. Without a company, you'd report all earnings and personal salary using a 1099. Employee salaries (this would include anyone you pay to perform any kind of service that enhances your business) would also be subject to the same documents and forms we all signed, those of us who work a 9-5.

the feds and state could be making lots of cash imposing the same kinds of levies on med pot as they already do with anything else people would rather not live without... like gasoline, tobacco, and alcohol. the gov't knows people will pay no matter what for the above, and certainly there's plenty of energy around good pot from people of all incomes. i've heard yuppie blokes paying unholy amounts of cash for the bomb NYCD...upwards of $250 per 1/4oz.

and mtnkush, if ya got the cash and you want to pick up a nice dank gram or two each friday night to bring home to the missus, there's nothing wrong with going to the right shop, hangin out with some cool folks, and talkin good pot. not everyone is as well connected with other growers as yourself, so the shop may be our only hope to quickly sample a variety of buds and see what we'd like to grow out next. and as for the feds grabbing the list and having addresses on the list and where and when we buy pot. BIG F***IN DEAL. If the feds want to come and bust my 4-6 plant grow, let em. Do you know how many patients in the state of Colorado have been busted for small closet operations? ZERO in 9 years. and dude, those were some TOUGH years with that Bush guy. So the government knows i smoke pot, so what? Do you really think they'll ever care that much about a closet gardener who grows personal stash?? i suggest you stop being so worried about it..

I'm proud to be a part of the scene and on the list; and am sorry it took me so long to get educated about the laws and meet some of the fine folks involved. you're missing out mtnkush, some of us are truly having a great time while enjoying the medicinal effects of the herb. we are making Colorado history, my friends. be vigilant and don't let superstitions and scare tactics sway you. read and learn

peace, sb

BudGood

Veteran
I originally posted this on the 29th of July, after I had a not-so-hot experience:

Well, thought I'd share an experience with a dispensary I went to today in Springs. The ad in the Independent proclaims it to be "the best dispensary in State of Colorado". I go there, meeting a guy who identified himself as "Big Mike". I had called beforehand and asked if they would require me to sign them as my caregiver in order to shop, which they said no. Alright cool. So, I walk in the place, very nicely appointed place, you can tell a lot of money was sunk into this. Anyhow, I'm filling out my paperwork, and I look up, and see the prices. 70 an 1/8, 450 an oz for top shelf. It was decent, but not worth the price. When I tell the guy never mind, he gets kinda huffy and tells me I wasn't going to find better meds anywhere or something like that. I tell him, very politely, that that is robbery and I won't pay it.

As I'm leaving, he says "Theres the owner, you can talk to him about prices" to which I replied "I won't haggle with you guys, you're not getting my money period." The owner was an younger yuppie asian fellow, driving a brand new Audi suv. I understood immediately the reason behind the 70 dollar eighths. The website is coloradocannacare.c0m, the address is 1675 Jetwing Drive. I would avoid this place like the plague, just another person with $$$ in their eyes, and patients needs nowhere in their minds. Seriously, I can't even believe they would look at me with a straight face when I questioned the prices. I can get meds of similar quality on the street for 40-50 an eighth, why bother going to a dispensary?

If you pick up the Independent, you'll see their ad. I tried going to Epic Medical Caregivers, not gonna be open til the 31st. Marisol Therapeutics told me that in order for me to shop there, I had to sign them as my caregiver, "thats the law", to which I replied "No, it isn't. Thats probably just your attorney being overly cautious and costing you $$$. Most other dispensaries don't require you to sign them on as caregiver." So, consequently, I didn't go there. I ended up going to The Highlands Cooperative, picked up some Purple Goo. Very cool guys.

Anyhow, just figured I'd share that with you guys, spare you the waste of time going to that joke of a place.

BudGood

Veteran
and mtnkush, if ya got the cash and you want to pick up a nice dank gram or two each friday night to bring home to the missus, there's nothing wrong with going to the right shop, hangin out with some cool folks, and talkin good pot. not everyone is as well connected with other growers as yourself, so the shop may be our only hope to quickly sample a variety of buds and see what we'd like to grow out next. and as for the feds grabbing the list and having addresses on the list and where and when we buy pot. BIG F***IN DEAL. If the feds want to come and bust my 4-6 plant grow, let em. Do you know how many patients in the state of Colorado have been busted for small closet operations? ZERO in 9 years. and dude, those were some TOUGH years with that Bush guy. So the government knows i smoke pot, so what? Do you really think they'll ever care that much about a closet gardener who grows personal stash?? i suggest you stop being so worried about it..

I'm proud to be a part of the scene and on the list; and am sorry it took me so long to get educated about the laws and meet some of the fine folks involved. you're missing out mtnkush, some of us are truly having a great time while enjoying the medicinal effects of the herb. we are making Colorado history, my friends. be vigilant and don't let superstitions and scare tactics sway you. read and learn

peace, sb

:yeahthats , especially the bolded parts! :yeahthats :yeahthats :yeahthats

SweetBOG

I thought of the online dispensary bit, eliminate the overhead. I'd have them meet me in person the first time, to sign my paperwork and get a copy of their ID and card, as well as to get some free samples. After they're logged into the system, I'll have it to where they complete the transaction either over the phone or the internet, pay through Paypal or an online creditcard system, when the $$$ is confirmed, then a courier gets sent out with their meds. I'd only deliver in town within a certain radius, but I think it'd work out well! Gotta get a bit more established first... Time will tell...

Peace out people.... :wave:

you know it's coming bro. we are seriously just on the very edge of the boom here in the state, and then it'll really take off. i like your ideas and agree that it'd work.

BudGood

Veteran
you know it's coming bro. we are seriously just on the very edge of the boom here in the state, and then it'll really take off. i like your ideas and agree that it'd work.

The boom is about to happen, no doubt. Thanks, I think it could work, just have to iron out some of the bugs... Like I said, just a matter of time... :joint:

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
SweetBOG

Thank you so much... Seriously that answered just about every question I have

Power to the movement :joint:

Trend

Not going off what you think in a perfect world but going off your experiences with other dispensaries what would you say a fair price would be for top shelf cured elites? How bout cuts of said elites|?And middle of the road strains per eight/oz?

medthumb

the med scene in colorado is some what of a joke at this time for sure, but i agree, im damn glad to be a part of it. im afraid its more reflective of the communities' desire for open storefronts to sell bud in general rather than to create a safe, affordable place for patients to find meds. lets be honest, legal pot is extremely profitable, apparently as profitable as black market pot. we likely wouldnt have had such an explosion of dispensaries if this wasnt the case. as unfortunate as it is, i can still get more affordable meds from friends not designated as caregivers...(black market)

so far ive had positive experiences with both patients choice in denver and boulder meds. pricing is absurd at both, but boulder meds is just rediculous. the people who work there and run it are awesome, super friendly and knowledgeble guys. the top shelf stuff is excellent quality, and honestly the only stuff im interested in- but at 20 a gram, with no price breaks, how can we call that medicine? if you vape/smoke 3 grams a day or so, that would be a monthly expense of 1800 (plus tax)on meds? absurd and simply not realistic. if we are to treat medical marijuana like its really medicine, then we have to figure out that you cant charge patients 20 a gram. (560$ ounces, really?) boulder meds also needs to make sure they are accurately pricing their buds... i got 4 grams of strawberry cough (unknown cut) at 17 a gram and found 6 seeds. a bit pricey for what it ended up being(knocked up). i do love bouldermeds, i guess i just cant afford it.

patients choice hits the top of my list bc of its professionalism. generally they only have 3-4 strains that i would consider top tier(rather, 3-4 strains of the type of bud im looking for... there were probably 20 'top tier' strains), but im almost always impressed with something they have. as a member i can get ozs for less than 400, which while not a 'good' price is a relatively good price for some of these dispensaries. i tried to get set up with some clones from them a few weeks back but they were having a mite issue. :wallbash: i passed. they might have it cleared up by now, i never checked back.

anyone have any more info on the botanic labs set up in longmont? id definitely like to check that out.

Last edited:

SweetBOG

good segway from medthumb... I just went to Botanic Labs in Longmont and aside from a rediculous $20 a gram across the board without quantity discounts, this guy has THE best pot on the scene. Yes, he stocks his wares at Boulder Meds, but they usually only have a few of his 10 or so strains on hand, and they sell out fast, and are much more manhandled than dealing directly with the guy. He prides himself in organic grows and says he only grows what he likes to smoke himself. Everything was well cured and looked so good. He had Maui, AK-47 cherry pheno, Kush, Hong Kong, Boulderberry(from a Boulder blueberry clone), and 5 or 6 others I can't remember now. All was impressive and gave me a glimpse of the kind of quality hiding in the Boulder/Longmont area. This place sets the bar for quality and I can only hope other folks strive to provide meds that good, but for $12 a gram.

call first, it's by appointment only, and there's no 'make me a caregiver' crap.

G

guest123

I was just on the phone with Botanic Labs yesterday. No one can buy more than 7 grams...

Kinda strange I told him I was caregiver for a few people, so I'd like to get the 7 grams for each person... to which Matt replied "I don't know any of your patients."

I was confused, told him he didn't need to know them, but he don't care nothing, he'll only give 7 grams.

Also, back on cannamart:
My friend went there saturday and got like 6 different meds, a gram of each. Well, they forgot to put one of the grams in the bag. As soon as we noticed (he had just left like five minutes back) he called them... they said no prob, come get it.

They gave the gram, but it only weighed .9g and had .1g of shake. That is F$#%(ed for a 25$ gram to not even hook it up straight.

Green Belly: Thanks for reminding me about that place paco. Strange, but when I went there a few weeks back, I got the same story about 'just running out' 'another delivery in an hour.' He only had some outdoor and a sample of blueberry he gave. Its the first place with free samples I've been. He gave free honey infusion (no effect)... blueberry was good. His brownies taste good. Mild effect on the edge of noticeable though for 5$. His AK smelled like candy! I woulda got some but he said it was promised out. All in all, decent prices, decent guy... kinda strange about the out of stock thing, but I'd give it another shot.

Oh yeah, and his clones: he will show them to you. The mothers are sometimes outdoors, so I asked about pests, to which he replied 'almost all have pests.' I was iffy on the clones and ultimately did not take any for that reason.

MtnKuSh

lets do sum math and see whos getting f*cked...

20 a gram... 20 x 28 = 560.. 560 x 16oz.lb $8960 per pound.
almost 10,000 a pound and all you guys are ok with it and feed into it so it will always be this much $$ per gram. the caregivers and medclinics are hoping you all keep coming in and buying it being they are getting dirty dirty rich!! a few pounds per week..i bet they are clearing 50,000 a week. i should just cash in as well. im on my way right now to get rid of some sourdiesel and northernIce clones and you bet im going to charge them an arm and a leg. time to cash in boys and girls .. $$$$$$$$$$

also funny how everybody wants you to sign them as there caregiver.. of course..they want your $$ each and every week!

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
lets do sum math and see whos getting f*cked...

20 a gram... 20 x 28 = 560.. 560 x 16oz.lb $8960 per pound.
almost 10,000 a pound and all you guys are ok with it and feed into it so it will always be this much $$ per gram. the caregivers and medclinics are hoping you all keep coming in and buying it being they are getting dirty dirty rich!! a few pounds per week..i bet they are clearing 50,000 a week. i should just cash in as well. im on my way right now to get rid of some sourdiesel and northernIce clones and you bet im going to charge them an arm and a leg. time to cash in boys and girls .. $$$$$$$$$$

also funny how everybody wants you to sign them as there caregiver.. of course..they want your $$ each and every week!

Why not stop being bitter and go out and change the scene? Go start a dispensary offering $5 grams and free clones? Or whatever you think is ideal? I mean, it's a new and nascent market out there...go show em' how it should be done.

G

guest123

So you guys want 9$ a gram prices? That's not fair IMO if they have to operate a storefront and they honestly pay taxes. If they did both of those things, I'd say 12-15$ for the good stuff is fair. JMHO.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I was impressed with the menu at Boulder Alternative having ST#3, Blueberry and a good old skunk. I could live with that. I have been looking over menus at some California dispensaries and have yet to see Blueberry or ST. I was hoping I'd see some dispensaries even selling some Bros Grimm like Apollo 11 but have not seen it yet.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
MtnKush

Where are these Sour Diesel clones going to be available?

I would love to buy some from a dispensary so I don't have to buy Sour D from the dispensary

MtnKuSh

Why not stop being bitter and go out and change the scene? Go start a dispensary offering $5 grams and free clones? Or whatever you think is ideal? I mean, it's a new and nascent market out there...go show em' how it should be done.
nope..im just going to supply clones and cash in like everybody else.. what was i thinking.. here comes the $$$.. im going to ass rape the caregivers and medclinics like they do to us...im sure this is only going to be making it even more harder for you guys to get cheap good meds.. i already spoke to 5 places willing to take as many clones as i have to offer...yeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa:woohoo::woohoo: :moon: :nanana: :yeahthats

Status
Not open for further replies.