What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Help building a room

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
An off brand mini split like pioneer will cost $6-700 and will pull 5 amps. The one you have will work fine it will just cost more to run. A propane tank will last a month or more for a co2 burner and they don’t stay on long so it’s not as much a heat influence as listed. A co2 bottle would be better if you have a convenient place to swap bottles and you can get it to last a month. The hoods are vented from outside and to the outside. You could put the dehuey in the garage and just exchange dry air from the garage when lights are out. As long as you aren’t running beds the lights and ac will keep it dry enough during “daytime”. A clone tent would save you some time in getting each run reset. Like you said you could probably just veg for 3 weeks in the room after you got them out of the cloner. One 315 cmh covers 16 3 gallon pots in veg and they love it about 4 feet over their tops.

Hookah79

So I need an AC unit that is larger than 10,500 - 18,000?

Is an LP burner better than co2 tanks? Seems like a fair amount of BTU to deal with?

Thanks for the help! :tiphat:

Ya that should be about right.The unit below should cover it for you.
I have the exact same Whynter 14k portable unit that i used a few years ago.It handled a small 3k SE vertical grow in the summer.But i didnt run co2.Afaik portables suck when running co2 so keep that in mind.A window unit is probably more efficient but you’re going to have to diy a box to exaust the hot air outside of your garage.Your problem is going to be in the summer.When it gets cooler you can run intake fans and push air out thru the filter outside.I veg 4k this way in the summer and veg/flower this way the rest of year.I can run it to up to 6k Watts.BUT what you save in electricity you waste in co2...

As far as what’s better between a tank and a burner iam really not familiar with the tank, i was only trying to quote btu’s for you.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have had good luck with autopilot and titan and I just get the simpliest controller, just a preset outlet.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome to the site!

The main thing to get right indoors is environment. For your flower room you want temps around 72-78 during the day and 65 at night, with RH at 45% then 15-20% for the last few weeks of flower. So you will need an AC unit or outside air to cool the room. I recommend ac so you can dial the room in properly. A dehumidifier is a must.

For veg room you can run higher temps and Rh.

As for lighting in the flower room I recommend HPS. There are all sorts of new led, CMH, flouro, etc. I've tried them and they just do not compete with the HPS as far as quality and quantity. Your 5x9 area is perfect for 2 1000 watt HPS. Rule of thumb, 75 watts/sq ft. Any ballast will do. The digital ballast have a dimmer which can come in handy, but not necessary. Galaxy ballast are nice. Hortilux Eye blubs are nice.

A co2 tank, hose, regulator, and controller is a nice addition, but you need to run a sealed room for it to be efficient. You don't want to be exhausting your co2.

You sound like you can build the room so focus on making that room a perfect environment. Once you have it light proofed, temps stable, enough light, the plants will grow themselves. The reason most weed sucks is bad environment and drying issues.

Best advice is over engineer your cooling and extraction. More is better.

Best of luck and let us know how it's going. If you start a grow diary's we can help you along the way and help is a few key strokes away.

Cheers!

Everything that gentleman shared with you above. I would add one small tip; If as you say you are growing among dense trees, you might take advantage of this envious position. If you grow with lights on at night, the air you draw into your grow-room from outside will be rich in CO2, which the trees around you will be belching out. On the flip-side, as your ladies rest in the daylight hours, the outside air will be oxygen-rich - clearly a win-win situation.
I wish you every luck.
Regards,
Iffy :tiphat: